Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

I have really never thought Auburn would make a move to remove Gus this year for all of the reasons we have all discussed.  After the last two performances, I am really thinking that change may be in motion. There is clearly something going on with the staff, change of significance is coming.  Either with CKS on defense,  Gus, or both.  

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

he had one nine win season and one ten win season during his tenure at ole miss 

Gus has atleast one ten win season and one nine win season at Auburn as HC 

if we are basically settling for almost the same results then dont bother firing Gus

i will support Auburn if Gus is here next year or if he is replaced by freeze. but i dont see the glitter yall see with freeze

Lol a 9 win season at Ole Miss is like winning 11 at AU

1 hour ago, hikerdns said:

So help me on one thing. What is people's fascination with freeze as an option? His experience is minimal outside ole mess and fighting fallwells, but people have him on the short list with MC. And didn't he leave ole mess in a mess of ncaa violations? 

Honest question?

Thanks for all the responses! So far I’m getting that HF is a great prospect because he has been able to match if not slightly out-perform Gus at his coaching stops while only needing a burner phone at one. I like those odds. 

Of course others have shown Gus is matching prowess without the burner phone, but it doesn’t matter bc the Auburn name on the recruiting trail would negate the need for the burner phone. Advantage HF. 

I’ll leave y’all be for the rest of the evening, it’s been fun speculating even though Gus will pull a miracle and see you Dec 2021 in Atl. 😉

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

How can someone see this, understand the competition they deal with, & know the resource level there is poor related to conference they are in & not see that as elite work?

Not only conference but the division there war in

25 minutes ago, metafour said:

Arkansas State: Inherited a team that went 4-8 the year prior to him being hired and turned them into a 10-2 team with the same crap roster his predecessor left behind.

Ole Miss: 4-8 and 2-10 in the two years prior to Freeze taking over. 7 wins with a roster that went 2-10 the year prior in his first season. Constant improvement to 8, 9, and then 10 wins in the next three years. Had Ole Miss competing with Alabama, LSU, and us within 2-3 years on the job after inheriting a mess. During that stretch he came a hair away from beating Saban three STRAIGHT times.

Liberty: Inherited a team that went 6-6 the year prior to him being hired and went 8-5 in his first season. 9-1 currently in his second season and at LIBERTY has a win over Virginia Tech this year, and a 1-point loss to an 8-3 NC State team. Oh yeah, he has Malik Willis - the guy that had to transfer out of here - playing like an NFL prospect.

Do you get it now? Hugh Freeze has three straight stops of inheriting literal garbage, and not only showing yearly growth and progression with every roster - but his immediate impact in transforming losing rosters into winning rosters is quite clear. His offense works (it hasn't been stopped anywhere) and most importantly he knows how to utilize and showcase quarterbacks. His players also love playing for him, and he's an aggressive recruiter (see: was too aggressive at Ole Miss lol).

Hugh Freeze is everything that Gus Malzahn was supposed to be when we hired him.

Its Good GIF - ItsGood - Discover & Share GIFs

9 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

I have really never thought Auburn would make a move to remove Gus this year for all of the reasons we have all discussed.  After the last two performances, I am really thinking that change may be in motion. There is clearly something going on with the staff, change of significance is coming.  Either with CKS on defense,  Gus, or both.  

CKS is prepping for a return to the Palmetto State........

20 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

he had one nine win season and one ten win season during his tenure at ole miss 

Resources people, Resources!! AU & Ole Miss are not on the same level so comparing them record for record straight up is illogical.

Mcfly GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just now, ellitor said:

Resources people, Resources!! AU & Ole Miss are not on the same level so comparing them record for record straight up is illogical.

BTW Very nice Avatar. Chase is the man! 

3 minutes ago, metafour said:

Yeah, and then Malzahn went 8-5, 7-6, and 8-5 - so what point exactly are you making, because you HAVE NONE.

The point is that Freeze took over literal garbage and had them rolling almost immediately. The 9 and 10 win seasons in year three and four show that it wasn't a fluke like it was with Malzahn.

By the way, this was at OLE MISS. 

The reason why he doesn't quite obviously jump out as an elite coach to you is because he's never been at an ELITE PROGRAM. It takes two to tango, dumbo. He took an SEC West cellar dweller and turned it into a 10-win program.

Go take a look at Mullen's record at MSU and come back to me. Some of you don't appear to have the brain capacity to comprehend a little think called "context".

Oh we are name calling over a debate about Hugh Freeze. Roger that. You can’t assume something based on context, dickhead. You’re assuming that he’s an elite coach because he’s been successful at Ole Miss. Ok. Bobby Petrino was successful at Arkansas. So does that qualify Petrino as an “elite” head coach? How about Scott Frost? He beat one of our best teams that Malzahn could muster together with UCF. Surely he’s elite. Wonder how he would do at a blue blood school like Nebraska. Tom Herman had Houston humming. Hottest name in coaching searches! You put him at a school with the most resources in college football like Texas,  he will certainly be successful, right? Because he’s elite! You’d have to be to be good at Houston. Same goes for Sumlin. 

Assuming that Hugh Freeze is on an elite level with Saban, Meyer and Dabo because he was able to squeeze out some success at Ole Miss is a slap in the face to the elite coaches who have actually accomplished tangible things. 

And calling someone dumb because they don’t agree with you that Hugh Freeze is elite is just embarrassing. You should be embarrassed that you have aligned yourself so strongly with someone based on speculation of what they may do at Auburn because they are were successful at Ole Miss while breaking numerous rules that got him run out of town and black balled from the SEC for 4 years. 

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I’m personally not comparing them record by record. He may or may not be the next Nick Saban. Nobody knows. My qualm is with people assuming he’s elite, because he can win some games with some bad programs. 

If we are not smart and fire Gus this year, when there is not much competition, we will be much worse off trying to find a coach. We cannot wait.

We are not the only SEC fanbase in despair though.....you should see some of the LSU fans. "Fire the Cookie Monster Tonight!" LMAO

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh we are name calling over a debate about Hugh Freeze. Roger that. You can’t assume something based on context, dickhead. You’re assuming that he’s an elite coach because he’s been successful at Ole Miss. Ok. Bobby Petrino was successful at Arkansas. So does that qualify Petrino as an “elite” head coach? How about Scott Frost? He beat one of our best teams that Malzahn could muster together with UCF. Surely he’s elite. Wonder how he would do at a blue blood school like Nebraska. Tom Herman had Houston humming. Hottest name in coaching searches! You put him at a school with the most resources in college football like Texas,  he will certainly be successful, right? Because he’s elite! You’d have to be to be good at Houston. Same goes for Sumlin. 

Assuming that Hugh Freeze is on an elite level with Saban, Meyer and Dabo because he was able to squeeze out some success at Ole Miss is a slap in the face to the elite coaches who have actually accomplished tangible things. 

And calling someone dumb because they don’t agree with you that Hugh Freeze is elite is just embarrassing. You should be embarrassed that you have aligned yourself so strongly with someone based on speculation of what they may do at Auburn because they are were successful at Ole Miss while breaking numerous rules that got him run out of town and black balled from the SEC for 4 years. 

i agree the name calling was unwarranted I dont see Freeze being the shining knight that his fans are dubbing him to be

but name calling over this crap is ridiculous

Not one person has brought up Turner Gill on the hotlist .

I’ll hang up and listen . 

trying to lighten the mood before the big news of Gus staying is delivered 

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's a lot less of a sleaze than Urban which I have seen a lot of people wanting.

You ain't lying. Urban found a way to keep an actual murderer eligible for four years. 

Do AU trustees stream board meetings during covid like the other universities have started doing?

We have a state open records law that requires these meetings to be open to the public. 

16 minutes ago, metafour said:

He took an SEC West cellar dweller and turned it into a 10-win program.

So did Petrino. 10 and 11 wins. 11 and 12 wins at Louisville. Signed a Heisman winner in his 2nd stint at Louisville. He once was the very best at resurrecting programs. Is he even coaching anymore?

They also share the one thing that will forever keep Auburn from hiring either. It's called strange.

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m personally not comparing them record by record. He may or may not be the next Nick Saban. Nobody knows. My qualm is with people assuming he’s elite, because he can win some games with some bad programs. 

And my response is the same as it was before. How can you look at the work he did at Ole Miss know they basically have crap resources compared to AU & not see that's elite work? I can understand not wanting him because he may be a sleaze but to not be very impressed with his on field work is ludicrous & seems like a disingenous excuse. I don't think Saban could have done that googdcoming from Kent State before he had the great rep he has now.

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

3f6361e7ba5cc20d2469356b1951b3f7.gif

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

So did Petrino. 10 and 11 wins. 11 and 12 wins at Louisville. Signed a Heisman winner in his 2nd stint at Louisville. He once was the very best at resurrecting programs. Is he even coaching anymore?

They also share the one thing that will forever keep Auburn from hiring either. It's called strange.

Freeze was/is a much better recruiter.

Just now, ellitor said:

Freeze was/is a much better recruiter.

After 3 years probation, a 2-year postseason ban, scholarships reduced over a 4-year period and 33 wins vacated, I would say so.

He just forgot to keep it on the down home, cuz.

Freeze to the Southwest Conference -> Hold my beer

There are legitimate concerns with High Freeze's character that need to be vetted. I'd want to know whether his relationship with his wife and kids has actually been repaired, or of he's paying lip service.

That said, Freeze is a baller of a recruiter, and a damn good coach. I think he instantly makes us more competitive. 

9 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I know we are in a bad spot but wow at Michigan. They are in worse than us. And I know Org won a title but he will be fired in a year or 2. He is Chizik 2.0 

Yeah thank you Michigan for not making Gus' deal the worst of all-time.  Holy smoly what a dumpster fire.  I read book about the Michigan AD back during the Rich Rod era.  I can't remember the author's name off-hand, a long-time Michigan beat writer, I think, but it seems as though he will have a sequel.

Archived