Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

Just now, chizhead said:

Choose your words carefully concerning who the "fool" is...The one that gave or the one who got?....Someone who got damn near 50 mil ain't a fool....The fool is the one who gave it and we are the ones, along with the players, who have to live with it. The country club group don't give a damn as long the champagne flows

Good point. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the money guys better step in...

• no recruits from GA, 
  • one from AL,  who will likely get a car from the REC and
  • with everyone getting another year of eligibility - the transfer portal is a thing now.  

We have become Tenn (with a 6-5 record most likely after the bowl)

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

Let's take bets.

Garnett is the QB, Shed Jackson, Ja'Varrius Johnson, and Kobe Hudson are the receivers. 

32 minutes ago, woodford said:

If Muschamp could just hire a proper staff and SCORE POINTS he would be perfect for Auburn. But alas, life is not perfect. 

I just had an epiphany, I think you said it best. If they fire Gus, they will absolutely zero in on Muschamp, who are we kidding? He LOVES Auburn. He will beg them to hire him. 

I wouldn't doubt that they go right down the road to Troy and consider Lindsey. He would probably get an interview. Even though i would not want him to replace Gus, I think he would do a better job at recruiting at least.

1 minute ago, cctiger said:

I wouldn't doubt that they go right down the road to Troy and consider Lindsey. He would probably an interview. Even though i would not want him to replace Gus, I think he would do a better job at recruiting at least.

No way. Chip is failing at Troy. The people they are so unhappy that they would gladly get rid of him. 

Sorry if linking this article is against the rules.  It is a compilation of the 55, I think, highest paid coaches in college football. Look at the folks at the bottom of the lists, then look at Gus' ranking.  What exactly has he done to deserve that?  Beating your two biggest rivals in one season, isn't deserving of 7mil/year with that absurd buyout.  He didn't even win an SEC championship, even though he was playing a team he beat a few weeks before.  Yes, I know all about the injuries, but he knew about those as soon as IB was over.  Gus' game plan was to play a kid that, had roughly 70% strength in both arms, and shouldn't have been cleared medically.  Let's not forget the goose egg laid in the bowl game.   Well pretty much all of our bowl games the past 8 years.   

Just looking at it from the financial side, you can pay a coach half of Gus' salary to lose 4-5 ever year.  You know those 4-5 teams with a pulse that Auburn plays every year.  Seven million/year to win 4 games against 3 FCS schools and one mediocre FBS team, and the bottom-dwellers of the SEC.  That is essentially his resume.  Too bad Covid happened, Gus could've won 8-9 games again so his record looks "pretty darn good'.  I just do not understand this defeatist attitude.  

Even the most stubborn of Gus supporters can look at this list and honestly say that Gus is the 6th best HC in CFB.  Take the bottom half of the list, the least paid guys, all but a couple would be an upgrade over Gus.  

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/Highest-paid-college-football-coaches-ranked-154935994/#154935994_1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Possible a coach or two looking around as well

Heard the same. 

But it’s hard to picture. Especially (one of the two) being desperate enough to take a HUGE pay cut to retire or go elsewhere. It’s a bad sign if they do because they know the defense isn’t getting any better next year. 

I’d understand it more if it were young up and comers trying to escape. 

47 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Let's take bets.

Garnett is the QB, Shed Jackson, Ja'Varrius Johnson, and Kobe Hudson are the receivers. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Seth that was gonna head out.

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Seth that was gonna head out.

Me neither, but I hope he transfers out because he’s a 5th round pick to UDA if he declares. It would be a really bad move. 

41 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Even the most stubborn of Gus supporters can look at this list and honestly say that Gus is the 6th best HC in CFB.  Take the bottom half of the list, the least paid guys, all but a couple would be an upgrade over Gus.  

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/Highest-paid-college-football-coaches-ranked-154935994/#154935994_1

I know we are in a bad spot but wow at Michigan. They are in worse than us. And I know Org won a title but he will be fired in a year or 2. He is Chizik 2.0 

13 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Nothings gonna happen

You may be right But there are insiders on other sites that say things are changing. It is not be a done deal yet but there is a lot more support now to get rid of him than there has ever been. If he loses to Mississippi State he is toast IMO. The comment that he made sat after the loss did not go well at all.

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

You may be right But there are insiders on other sites that say things are changing. It is not be a done deal yet but there is a lot more support now to get rid of him than there has ever been. If he loses to Mississippi State he is toast IMO. The comment that he made sat after the loss did not go well at all.

Boy oh boy how far we have fallen that beating Mississippi State could buy you another year. 

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Boy oh boy how far we have fallen that beating Mississippi State could buy you another year. 

I mean he may be gone now.... But losing to state means that we do not have a winning record. It also means if he loses the bowl game, Which he will, it will be the first time in history that gus has had a losing season. Add that to the recruiting class and “maybe transfers” and we are heading the wrong direction bigtime  

1 hour ago, cctiger said:

What, no linemen?🙄

No reason for a lineman to transfer. They can start for 2 or 3 years without actually having to play well. 

16 hours ago, fredst said:

That facial expression before even playing the video really says it all

@fredstYup! It's the collective fan's disinterest in the product he has given us.

24 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

He was made to clarify that statement in his follow-up interview.  That comment was damaging and he let his true colors show when he said it.  Unacceptable!

2 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Let's take bets.

Nah Kobe actually is getting some use. Schwartz could be one if he's not going pro.

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Does Greene not have any back bone to fire Malzahn?

@auburn4everMy understanding is it's not his move to make given the cost it takes to get rid of him. Supposedly the neutrals of the powers that be have to get on board.

Archived