Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This is being said........................... "He might win 9 maybe 10 games next year." It's unreal.  

What’s your gut telling you will actually happen?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Exactly ?! If it is 50-50 when wins?! That means he is not the damn guy. Especially if it is against this team. I know I will get gas lighted for this but this is where I am empathetic to the fans who okay with losing. I mean if this is where the standards are then these guys need their hands forced.

Exactly where I'm at too. I e never before felt like this about Auburn football. I don't know if I'll feel different Saturday night but not today. I'm not wanting Auburn to lose, I just have no emotion tied to it right now. 50 years of fandom and it's been reduced to not feeling anything. Never thought it would come to this. I know one thing though, I will be pi$$ed if we do lose, by any amount, and he is still our coach on Monday. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's unreal.  

Its unreal to me,too. If certain PTB are happy with the results of this clown show....I just don't know what to say.....I just don't.....I'm too old to not enjoy AU football.....Apathy is much worse than anger and right now, AU/Moo St sits right smack in the apathy column. AU/Memphis BB? I can hardly wait...Its a damn good thing BP isn't happy with "solid" seasons.....

18 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

And he got better as a QB his second year at AU. Gus he is only guy who gave Marshall a shot at being a QB in the SEC. Nick could get training from anyone after he left AU. 

This is a common misunderstanding.  Nick got more efficient in the offense with more studying and reps.  However his fundamentals as a QB did not advance and is why he was not looked at at the next level by any professional league as a QB.

Yeah, I don't care if we blow out MSU 63-0. I don't want him back next season. Period.

If he is back, much of the fan base will find it very difficult to get excited about the season.  That might even show up in donations and ticket sales, provided Covid isn't still ruling the day.

9 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

What do you think was wrong about Jetgate? I don't give a damn that Tuberville was able to get people to be sorry for him. The only thing Housel et. al. did wrong in my opinion was not carrying through and finishing the job. Were you as upset over the way Tubs lied to his players at Ole Miss? How he walked out at Texas Tech? 

Jetgate was a faux scandal. It was also 17 years ago. Try coming into the present.

It was unethical in the sense that they went behind Tuberville’s back while he was still under contract and there has been no announcement that the decision had been made to go in a different direction.  

If it was such a faux scandal then why was Housel flooded with so much opposition?  So you expect me to believe that thousands of people were wrong? Coaches lie all the time, it’s part of the game.  Universities even structure the coaches contracts to in a manner which can be misleading to recruits by giving the coaches incentives to stay in their positions until after signing day.  Making the sausage is a nasty business.  It’s been documented that Tubs didn’t walk out on the recruits and that it was a misunderstanding. 

My original post was made in context to another post which referenced historical misdeeds at Auburn so there’s no need to come into the “present”.  

In the future, you may wish to read a post more carefully in order to ascertain the facts and the context before posting a reply that’s critical of others.  Otherwise, please feel free to ignore the post altogether.  

Have a good day, my friend!

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I mean, I do but I'm tired of these particular arguments lol.

Welcome to As The JABA Turns. Instead of an every weekday show this is a 24/7, 365 show.

53 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This is being said........................... "He might win 9 maybe 10 games next year." It's unreal.  

Well hell, let me get my bus ticket ready!

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Unfortunately it’s not a stretch even with Gus as head coach because just on talent & some effort alone we should win eight. And apparently ed Orgeron  has handled the Black Lives Matter thing poorly and lost a number of players & could cost recruits which lowers their talent & experience, so that could be nine. Texas A&M is losing quite a bit of talent including Kellen Mond so that could be 10.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Unfortunately it’s not a stretch even with Gus as head coach because just on talent & some effort alone we should win eight. And apparently ed Orgeron  has handled the Black Lives Matter thing poorly and lost a number of players And recruits which lowers their talent, so that could be nine. Texas A&M is losing quite a bit of talent including Kellen Mond so that could be 10.

How did he lose a number of recruits if they are in the top 5 for recruiting?

Well winning 9-10 games shouldn’t matter since based on his experience comments, we should have more than enough talent to win the SEC and get to the playoffs which is my expectation 

The worst part is Gus is so capable of coming into next season winning 9-10 games and the majority of the fanbase being fooled again. 

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The worst part is Gus is so capable of coming into next season winning 9-10 games and the majority of the fanbase being fooled again. 

That’s the problem. The fans need to stop supporting this mess 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That’s the problem. The fans need to stop supporting this mess 

Normally winning 9-10 games would be good but damn we’ve done both at Auburn under Gus and STILL lost 4 games. 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Normally winning 9-10 games would be good but damn we’ve done both at Auburn under Gus and STILL lost 4 games. 

Not when your coach gets paid top tier money and not when we put all of the resources in. Our fans need to make that a minimum standard but for whatever reason, we don’t . We are okay with a “good season” and the occasional iron bowl upset 

Screw 9-10. I want 15 wins.  I know only 1 or 2 have done that but that's the goal.  Not, let's bring him back because he may win 9. Besides, no way he keeps the full staff next year if back. Surely going to lose some coaches and players most likely not easily replaced. 

Football profits from 98 till 2020? 

really bad leadership, and what is more puzzling, is that this contract got done without a AD in place, but, we can not fire and hire a coach without a president. who knows when this screwed up leadership will hire a full fledge president.

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

How did he lose a number of recruits if they are in the top 5 for recruiting?

Per a report from a paper down there the last day or 2. They have had 19 current players opt out & that supposedly stemmed from, an early season BLM meeting he botched. Even if they don't lose many big time guys from their current class they could be just as young & therefore just as beatable they were this season.

22 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Gus didn’t deny Nick Marshall anything. He helped him become a better QB. 

Now I'm convinced you are a professional troll; because of the alternative, I choose not to insult you.

19 hours ago, abw0004 said:

So can we cherry pick six games of ours to punch our ticket..?

I kid, I kid.  But seriously, how is Ohio State allowed to get into their conference championship game with five games under their belt while other conferences like ours are actually making an effort to make up games missed.  If I were the committee, I would force them to play more games.  Five regular season games is a joke while BYU flew across the country to play a team to have another game under their belt.

You mean when we win six? 😉

Our leaders at Auburn seem to be very questionable:

here is the truth . It is not going to get easier 

Georgia is not going to always have piss poor QB play

LSU is not going to be down like this forever

Bama is Bama 

Arkansas seems like they have found a quality  coach and competing with everyone already

I think ole miss will get better with lane

Jimbo got his players and culture in there with the aggies .

We are about to be in no mans land. At the very least, if you are okay with these results, don’t you waste money on a man not living up to it. That money can be resourceful and else where  

18 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Gus Malzahn salary as HC at Auburn:

2013 - $2.3 million

2014 - $3.85 million

2015 - $4.1 million

2016 - $4.7 million

2017 - $4.7 million

2018 - $6.7 million

2019 - $6.8 million

2020 - $6.9 million

2013-2020 - $40 million + $21.45 buyout = $61.45 million

Malzahn will have gotten $61.45 million as HC from Auburn if he gets let go in 2020.

Malzahn's contract runs through Dec. 31, 2024

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/02/details_of_gus_malzahns_7-year.html

This is Malzahn's salary each season after 2020

*2021 - $7.0 million

*2022 - $7.1 million

*2023 - $7.2 million

*2024 - $7.3 million

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/first-and-10-gus-malzahn-buyout-auburn-football/

Buyout by year

Dec. 1, 2020 - $21.45 million

Dec. 1, 2021 - $16.2 million

Dec. 1, 2022 - $10.87 million

Dec. 1, 2023 - $5.475 million

This is Malzahn's HC earnings at Auburn if he stays each year plus the buyout:

2013-*2021 - $47 million + $16.2 million = $63.2 million

2013-*2022 - $54.1 million + $10.87 million = $64.97 million

2013-*2023 - $61.3 million + $5.475 million = $66.775 million

2013-*2024 - $68.6 million (no buyout for 2024)

There should be a damn law against that degree of stupidity by administrators.  

1 minute ago, DAG said:

LSU is not going to be down like this forever

Depends how long Orgeron's BLM botch effects last. There's a lot of conjecture on sports radio this morning that he may have opened the door with it to be Chiz, win big then fall flat on his face.

As for rest of your post we still out talent 7-8 teams on our schedule easily as rosters are now.

Archived