Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

18 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

This is false. The AD come out with a statement the last time there was noise in 2018. Be honest at a minimum. 

Here's your lesson today on official 'statements.'

"I did not have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinski." 

Class dismissed.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Non-Con:

Akron- W

@ Penn State -L

Ga St- W

AL St- W

SEC:

Miss St- W

Georgia- L

@ Arkansas - L

@ Texas A&M - L

Ole Miss- L

@ S Carolina- W

@ LSU- W

Alabama- L

Auburn will go 6-6 next year is my guess 

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

If P Marsh sticks his neck out even a little? SOMETHING is going down and happening behind the scenes. He is the biggest Gus apologist and sunshine pumper on the Auburn beat. He is being cautious like JGT is hedging their bets because in 2018 it looked like he was all but gone and it changed at the last minute. They do not want to get burned again. This makes me even more hopeful that a change is made sunday.

Damn Harbart. Glad he has no influence now.

8 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I have to reiterate it.

So so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so insane that Saturday's result has any bearing on our 8th year head coach.

How can our power brokers be smart enough to make millions but dumb enough to use this logic? 

Because they make millions from their other full time careers & it's looking like to me some of them are just involved with the program that comes from the prestige of the title of doing so.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Depends how long Orgeron's BLM botch effects last. There's a lot of conjecture on sports radio this morning that he may have opened the door with it to be Chiz, win big then fall flat on his face.

As for rest of your post we still out talent 7-8 teams on our schedule easily as rosters are now.

Yes but as I’ve said before , the problem is we accept those standards. Chad Morris can come here and win 8 games a year. It is not hard to do. The standards need to be higher than that. 

Just now, ellitor said:

Because they make millions from their other full time careers & it's looking like to me some of them are just involved with the program that comes from the prestige of the title of doing so.

These are the same people that Jimmy Sexton bamboozled into handing Gus a dump truck full of money lest Arkansas of all people spirit him away. 

7 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Non-Con:

Akron- W

@ Penn State -L

Ga St- W

AL St- W

SEC:

Miss St- W

Georgia- L

@ Arkansas - L

@ Texas A&M - L

Ole Miss- L

@ S Carolina- W

@ LSU- W

Alabama- L

Auburn will go 6-6 next year is my guess 

I can definitely see us losing 4 games easy next year. I don’t know why the assumption is we can win 9-10 like other teams won’t get better

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm not even planning to watch the game live Saturday by choice.  First time I've ever made that decision.  I'm far, far more interested in Sunday at this point.

Last day of NSD, Dec 18th- Sunday Dec. 20th is more watch worthy IMO.

12 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Did I say he was a great developer of talent? No. I simply said both Marshall and White got better while at AU...nothing more and nothing less. 

And basically, he would have 'gotten better' with the coffin containing the body of my great-great Grandfather being rolled out onto the practice field instead of Gus.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I can definitely see us losing 4 games easy next year. I don’t know why the assumption is we can win 9-10 like other teams won’t get better

The SEC losses there are almost certain- we nearly lost to arky this year, ole miss will be better under year 2 lane, and we arent gonna b close to georgia, bama, or a&m. To me Miss st, scar, and penn state are toss ups

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes but as I’ve said before , the problem is we accept those standards. Chad Morris can come here and win 8 games a year. It is not hard to do. The standards need to be higher than that. 

I think it's important to remember, as frustrating as it is, that all of this nonsense with Gus is our version of the same problem that Texas, Florida State, Tennessee, Michigan, and every other program of this caliber not named Alabama or Clemson has. That being, there are more programs with national championship ambitions and national championship dollars than there are national championship caliber coaches. If you have one, great. If you don't, this is the fun little game you get to play every single year now. I don't think it's a "standards" problem. I think it's a scarcity problem.

12 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

@ Penn State -L

@Auhud08 Really? Have you seen how laughably bad they are this year? Worse than us for sure.

13 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

@ Arkansas - L

@ Texas A&M - L

Ole Miss- L

We still out talent Arky & Ole Miss comfortably so those aren't definite losses. On A&M they lose at lot of talent including their QB, not a definite loss either.

12 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Well the rec and uat media have planted moles in Auburn Athletics for decades. Saban knows our playbook and players better than our coaches. Hell he may even sit in on meetings via zoom. If not him one of his assistant ex head coaches do.

That's the same thing I heard except that it isn't Saban, it's Elvis disguised as Saban...:jump:

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Totally agree which is why I'm worried that winning 9-10 with Gus is a problem, given the neutral shakers we have & the fans comfortable with mediocricy.

11 minutes ago, AUAlumnTN said:

These are the same people that Jimmy Sexton bamboozled into handing Gus a dump truck full of money lest Arkansas of all people spirit him away. 

That was all Leath.

Just now, ellitor said:

Totally agree which is why I'm worried that winning 9-10 with Gus is a problem, given the neutral shakers we have & the fans comfortable with mediocricy.

Turning in a 9-10 win season is considered a crappy at some places.  

11 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

What do you think was wrong about Jetgate? I don't give a damn that Tuberville was able to get people to be sorry for him. The only thing Housel et. al. did wrong in my opinion was not carrying through and finishing the job. Were you as upset over the way Tubs lied to his players at Ole Miss? How he walked out at Texas Tech? 

Jetgate was a faux scandal. It was also 17 years ago. Try coming into the present.

I have news for you CleCo, Jesus is all booked up on more important stuff; He AIN'T coming to Auburn to coach football.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Turning in a 9-10 win season is considered a crappy at some places.  

I know but it would only delay what needs to be done here should he stay & that happen.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We still out talent Arky & Ole Miss comfortably so those aren't definite losses. On A&M they lose at lot of talent including their QB, not a definite loss either.

Based on recent history (2018 MSU and UT, 2019 Minnesota, and 2020 USCe and Arky/Om referee bailouts) they aren’t guaranteed wins either. Far from it. The only certainty for Gus now is complete and unpredictable uncertainty. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I know but it would only delay what needs to be done here should he stay & that happen.

So basically Auburn must lose this weekend ..ugh

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Last day of NSD, Dec 18th- Sunday Dec. 20th is more watch worthy IMO.

What is happening on Dec 20th that is more important to Auburn's future?

12 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Under Tuberville, a top 20 class would be all that was ever expected. Hell, Tubs would brag on it.

With an 'all that was expected Top 20 class,' Tubs was 71-29.

With actual Top 15 classes or better, Gus is 67-35.

Compare apples to apples next time.

10 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Phil Marshall just put out an article corroborating what we've heard from insiders here and elsewhere. FWIW he says it's 50/50 if we win and 80/20 if we lose on if he's out. 

With the usual disclaimers in case he's FOS? Can't wait to read it...

9 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Blah, blah, blah.  Is your post just a long way of pointing out the Tuberville was also a consistent four loss a season coach who inexplicably fielded teams that looked totally unprepared and lost to Ole Miss and MSU and Arkansas when they shouldn't have? Get over yourself man. Your "deep" analysis is often so laughable that I have to be careful I'm not drinking anything lest I need to wipe the computer screen down from the spew.

Honestly, if your opinion of yourself was matched by the reality, you'd be something other than a legend/expert only in your mind.

I'm 59 years old. I've been following AU football since I was 11. I don't need you to "explain" anything to me.

Archived