Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

My post contains indisputable facts. Gus is the only person in the SEC that wanted Nick at QB and then he built the best offense weā€™ve ever had around him and now gets criticized for it. You folks are illogical to the point of being insane. I understand wanting Gus gone as I too now believe it is better for AU to go in a different direction. But that doesnā€™t mean you should not give the man credit where credit is due. Nick Marshall is electric and Gus put him in the best possible position to succeed and succeed at AU he did.Ā 

No Nick didn't get alot better as a passer from one year to the next and it's absolutely pathetic that you try to go with anybody else opinion isn't validbecause they don't want Gus but yours is because you don't. Between the two of us you are the only person that has been inaccurate but you want to pretend that you are coming from a higher plane as far as ideas. That's idiotic.

As far as the passer stuff like I said when Nick came out other teams could already be set at QB and that's why they may not offer especially since he's a Jr so really repeating that over and over as if it's some super highlighted point is pathetic as far as a debate go. It's as stupid as you saying he could train with who he wants when leaves AU. Just dumb all around to be honest.

3 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

My post contains indisputable facts. Gus is the only person in the SEC that wanted Nick at QB and then he built the best offense weā€™ve ever had around him and now gets criticized for it. You folks are illogical to the point of being insane. I understand wanting Gus gone as I too now believe it is better for AU to go in a different direction. But that doesnā€™t mean you should not give the man credit where credit is due. Nick Marshall is electric and Gus put him in the best possible position to succeed and succeed at AU he did.Ā 

I love the fact that in a thread about the sustainability of a head coach, you are arguing the ability of a QB and the coachĀ who made the difficult decision to name him theĀ starter over Barret Trotter ...6 years ago.Ā  But please continue, it's saving you...

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

If I'm Gus is just want to know now. I remember getting in trouble as a kid. I knew I was getting punished but I just wanted it over with. I didn't want to wait till my dad got home, just get it over with please.Ā 

But Gus seems too busy looking forward to next year to worry about this weekend.Ā 

Ā 

His biggest coaching no-no to date IYAM.Ā 

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

I mean, I do but I'm tired of these particular arguments lol.

Don't get high and mighty on us, everybody on here have their things

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I could coach this team and average 7-8 wins...I can't believe people are good to settle for this

When you're hired, I'll send you my resume.Ā 

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Don't get high and mighty on us, everybody on here have their things

I'm not man but some of these conversations are so repetitive it's wild. I have given up on arguing with the anti-fire-Gus crowd. They're literally delusional at this point.

1 hour ago, Auhud08 said:

Non-Con:

Akron- W

@ Penn State -L

Ga St- W

AL St- W
Ā 

SEC:

Miss St- W

Georgia- L

@ Arkansas - L

@Ā Texas A&M - L

Ole Miss- L

@ S Carolina- W

@ LSU- W

Alabama- L

Auburn will go 6-6 next year is my guessĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

I see it more like...

Non-Con:

Akron- W

@ Penn State - L

Ga St- W

AL St- W

Ā 

SEC:

Miss St- Toss up

Georgia- L

@ Arkansas - Toss up

@Ā Texas A&M - L

Ole Miss- L

@ S Carolina- Toss up

@ LSU- L

Alabama- L

Ā 

Best case: 6-6

Worst case: 3-9

It'll most likely be somewhere in between. I'm anticipating 5-7

I want a coach like this again. No fear, great motivator, and turns boys into men.Ā 

56 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Auhud08 Really? Have you seen how laughably bad they are this year? Worse than us for sure.

We still out talent Arky & Ole Miss comfortably so those aren't definite losses. On A&M they lose at lot of talent including their QB, not a definite loss either.

I hear what youre saying- i think franklin is a better coach than Gus though and can turn this one bad season into something better next year. I also think Jimbo will have A&M ready next year despite losing Mond. Both of thise games being away is what sealed it for me.Ā 
Ā 

Arky is improving and I think theyll be out for blood next year.Ā I think Lane will have Ole Miss ready to go. Advantage for us is that one isĀ at home. Neverless I think the x-factor in all of this is Apathy. How much does the team sense that Gus is going to get fired after a loss? What happens after the Georgia game? What happens if we do lose to Penn State and Georgia early- does it fall apart? My guess is yes. Might sneak in some late wins

36 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm not man but some of these conversations are so repetitive it's wild. I have given up on arguing with the anti-fire-Gus crowd. They're literally delusional at this point.

I probably should take your lead with that

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I see it more like...

Non-Con:

Akron- W

@ Penn State - L

Ga St- W

AL St- W

Ā 

SEC:

Miss St- Toss up

Georgia- L

@ Arkansas - Toss up

@Ā Texas A&M - L

Ole Miss- L

@ S Carolina- Toss up

@ LSU- L

Alabama- L

Ā 

Pretty much my feelings. I do think LSU is a dumpster though

Just now, cole256 said:

I probably should take your lead with that

I quit fighting it once it became the vast minority. Their voices and nunbers are dwindling lol.

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I see it more like...

Non-Con:

Akron- W

@ Penn State - L

Ga St- W

AL St- W

Ā 

SEC:

Miss St- Toss up

Georgia- L

@ Arkansas - Toss up

@Ā Texas A&M - L

Ole Miss- L

@ S Carolina- Toss up

@ LSU- L

Alabama- L

Ā 

Y'all have seen Penn State this year, right? Lol I'm all for getting Gus out but this is wildly pessimistic.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I quit fighting it once it became the vast minority. Their voices and nunbers are dwindling lol.

See I went up against them when they would bully people and you know I was stupid with things I pointed out....now I find myself asking hey remember what was said? But now they want to ignore and pretend conversations didn't happen. But yeah I think it's almost time to take your lead.

I enter every season with renewed optimism that maybe he's finally righted things. And every season I end up hopping off the Bus at some point.Ā  I'm not jumping back on.Ā  Can't fool me an eighth time!Ā šŸ˜†

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

See I went up against them when they would bully people and you know I was stupid with things I pointed out....now I find myself asking hey remember what was said? But now they want to ignore and pretend conversations didn't happen. But yeah I think it's almost time to take your lead.

The next toxic debates will be when/if we fire Gus and everyone hates each others candidate choices. Then we can all be passive aggressive if the candidate someone else wanted didn't pan out. It will be fun.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

I enter every season with renewed optimism that maybe he's finally righted things. And every season I end up hopping off the Bus at some point.Ā  I'm not jumping back on.

Thatā€™s whereĀ a good portion of the fan base is at! Thatā€™s the sad thing.

43 minutes ago, bigbird said:

When you're hired, I'll send you my resume.Ā 

I mean seriously all you have to do is make sure you hit on the QB recruit so be very thorough with that. Make good coord hires and you win 7 games easy off of just having better players than the other teams.Ā 

We are doing stupid stuff like forgetting to recruit o line and throwing away QB's for one unproven guy....it's really not hard. It can be very time consuming but I think he's paid very well for his time

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I enter every season with renewed optimism that maybe he's finally righted things. And every season I end up hopping off the Bus at some point.Ā  I'm not jumping back on.

It's like an AA meeting. Some people stop showing up for a while and they get back on the bus... they usually return.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Thatā€™s whereĀ a good portion of the fan base is at! Thatā€™s the sad thing.

He's played his entire hand...there's nothing he can do at this point to instill confidence.Ā  No hire and no recruit is going to change things for him.

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

He's played his entire hand...there's nothing he can do at this point to instill confidence.Ā  No hire and no recruit is going to change things for him.

He survived off OC roulette for a long time

---> Pretend to relinquish OC role

---> Hire new OC and Gus take over Play Calling

----> Repeat

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I mean seriously all you have to do is make sure you hit on the QB recruit so be very thorough with that. Make good coord hires and you win 7 games easy off of just having better players than the other teams.Ā 

We are doing stupid stuff like forgetting to recruit o line and throwing away QB's for one unproven guy....it's really not hard. It can be very time consuming but I think he's paid very well for his time

One of his big flaws is he does not seem to believe in competition.Ā  Best player plays.Ā  Also, I am going to recruit 3 more at your position who might take your job.Ā  The most obvious exampleĀ by who has run out at RB for the first series the past few years.Ā  Decent players, but not the best.Ā  On top of this Gus mettles too far in the weeds on who plays instead of delegating to his assistants.Ā  It seems defense has been somewhat immune to these issues as Gus takes a hands off approach.Ā Ā 

Archived