Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

Well I did my part. I sent a long and detailed email to AD Greene about the state of this program with Gustav as head clown. Wonder if we flood his email if it would do anything. Oh well at least I feel better haha. By the way if anyone else wants to join in on the fun his email is athletic_director@auburn.edu

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

My post contains indisputable facts. Gus is the only person in the SEC that wanted Nick at QB and then he built the best offense we’ve ever had around him and now gets criticized for it. You folks are illogical to the point of being insane. I understand wanting Gus gone as I too now believe it is better for AU to go in a different direction. But that doesn’t mean you should not give the man credit where credit is due. Nick Marshall is electric and Gus put him in the best possible position to succeed and succeed at AU he did. 

You dont understand that you are wrong. Thats ok. Its ok to be wrong. Its not ok to double down on dumb, but such is life.

Now you do realize that Nick Marshall, the one truly elite performing QB Gus has had as HC, was 7 and 8 years ago. Our offensive Guru has had one single player perform as a truly elite college level QB. 

Why is there no one else? Why are there no other QBs that you can point to that says "Gus can develop a QB?"

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

I mean, I do but I'm tired of these particular arguments lol.

Then... You know... Why be in THIS thread? THIS conversation is the ONLY place THIS thread would go.

2 hours ago, gctiger said:

My original post was made in context to another post which referenced historical misdeeds at Auburn so there’s no need to come into the “present”.  

So like I had said? You used the term to reference an incident.£

2 hours ago, AUAlumnTN said:

I think it's important to remember, as frustrating as it is, that all of this nonsense with Gus is our version of the same problem that Texas, Florida State, Tennessee, Michigan, and every other program of this caliber not named Alabama or Clemson has. That being, there are more programs with national championship ambitions and national championship dollars than there are national championship caliber coaches. If you have one, great. If you don't, this is the fun little game you get to play every single year now. I don't think it's a "standards" problem. I think it's a scarcity problem.

This is false. Sure SOME Auburn fans have unrealistic expectations. The majority of us just want to be competitive. We want to go into rivalry games with a chance to win especially in even years. We are tired of 11 year old little kids who dont like football knowing whats coming the second we line up. We want actual player development. We want our QBs looking better when they leave rather than worse. We want more than screen passes and bombs. We just want to look well coached and not embarrassed everyother year because we play UGA and Bama on the road. We want a coach who doesnt think 6-4 is a "solid" season. We want a coach who will take responsibility. We are tired of the "SoS" from Gus every press conference.

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

With an 'all that was expected Top 20 class,' Tubs was 71-29.

With actual Top 15 classes or better, Gus is 67-35.

Compare apples to apples next time.

12. The lowest rated class Auburn has signed under Gus is 12. Now retention is another story but as far as getting them signed, 12th was his worst class. I cant think of another coach who has done less with more.

39 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Y'all have seen Penn State this year, right? Lol I'm all for getting Gus out but this is wildly pessimistic.

Gus already has a sketchy track record in games away from JHS. Add to that the "Bo on the Road" phenomenon we are seeing....I think an L s the safe bet at this point. 

9 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

This is false. Sure SOME Auburn fans have unrealistic expectations. The majority of us just want to be competitive. We want to go into rivalry games with a chance to win especially in even years. We are tired of 11 year old little kids who dont like football knowing whats coming the second we line up. We want actual player development. We want our QBs looking better when they leave rather than worse. We want more than screen passes and bombs. We just want to look well coached and not embarrassed everyother year because we play UGA and Bama on the road. We want a coach who doesnt think 6-4 is a "solid" season. We want a coach who will take responsibility. We are tired of the "SoS" from Gus every press conference.

I didn't say Auburn fans had unrealistic expectations. I said they had similar expectations as fans of other, similar programs. Texas wants to beat Oklahoma and win the Big 12 more than once a decade. Ditto Michigan with Ohio State and the Big Ten. Every Tennessee fan I know is dying to have something resembling hope when they take the field in Tuscaloosa, Athens, and Gainesville. I was pointing out that a big part of the reason we're in the boat we're in with Coach Dubble Bubble is that there are more programs with aspirations and expectations like ours than there are coaches who can meet them. Hence my calling it a "scarcity" problem rather than a "standards" problem. 

36 minutes ago, AUAlumnTN said:

I didn't say Auburn fans had unrealistic expectations. I said they had similar expectations as fans of other, similar programs. Texas wants to beat Oklahoma and win the Big 12 more than once a decade. Ditto Michigan with Ohio State and the Big Ten. Every Tennessee fan I know is dying to have something resembling hope when they take the field in Tuscaloosa, Athens, and Gainesville. I was pointing out that a big part of the reason we're in the boat we're in with Coach Dubble Bubble is that there are more programs with aspirations and expectations like ours than there are coaches who can meet them. Hence my calling it a "scarcity" problem rather than a "standards" problem. 

I apologize for misunderstanding. 

However there are plenty of coaches that would be an upgrade to Gus. But there is more to being HC at Auburn than Xs and Os. Unfortunately for us Gus just isnt above average at any of them.

2 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

If you're trying to increase your 'like' count, that's the avenue...😉

Anything to get some attention on the board . I really bring zero to the table other than complaining and and saying the word dude too much 

41 minutes ago, AUAlumnTN said:

I don't think this is 100% correct. Look at what the bama's, uga's, clemsons and ohio states have that AU doesn't. Real good fits with the university and the HC's. Everyone is in unison. All pulling in the same direction. That is what AU needs to find. The "Pat Dye". It can be done. 

IMO. 

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Anything to get some attention on the board . I really bring zero to the table other than complaining and and saying the word dude too much 

fPhOFbN.gif

58 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You dont understand that you are wrong. Thats ok. Its ok to be wrong. Its not ok to double down on dumb, but such is life.

Now you do realize that Nick Marshall, the one truly elite performing QB Gus has had as HC, was 7 and 8 years ago. Our offensive Guru has had one single player perform as a truly elite college level QB. 

Why is there no one else? Why are there no other QBs that you can point to that says "Gus can develop a QB?"

Then... You know... Why be in THIS thread? THIS conversation is the ONLY place THIS thread would go.

So like I had said? You used the term to reference an incident.£

12. The lowest rated class Auburn has signed under Gus is 12. Now retention is another story but as far as getting them signed, 12th was his worst class. I cant think of another coach who has done less with more.

Stidham performed at a high level in 2017. Cam certainly did in 2010 with Gus as OC. Even White was leading the SEC in QB efficiency  prior to his injury the year we played OK in the Sugar. 

14 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

fPhOFbN.gif

7 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

5E796A61-472B-433A-A389-93EDC5D99187.gif

Really solid run here, fam. Great work.

Well guys i made it past noon today. Setting small goals for myself. Anyway its time for another beer run. Im going to trader joes so i can grab my two eighteen packs and i am going to get a steel reserve 211 four pack for starters. They have a wonder selection of Asian dumplings so i am loading up on them. As before if anyone needs anything I will be happy to grab it on my way. Thanks to you Gus i am now a full blown alkie with soon to be full septic tank.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

When you're hired, I'll send you my resume. 

I don't think he'll like someone on staff taking credit for his thoughts lol

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Based on recent history (2018 MSU and UT, 2019 Minnesota, and 2020 USCe and Arky/Om referee bailouts) they aren’t guaranteed wins either. Far from it. The only certainty for Gus now is complete and unpredictable uncertainty. 

Agree on 1st sentence. 2nd sentence, history says 4-5 losses is a certainty & we have no business losing 2-3 of those.

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

What is happening on Dec 20th that is more important to Auburn's future?

@steeleagle Just saying it's right after the signing period. If a move is to be made that's the time to do it.

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I don't think he'll like someone on staff taking credit for his thoughts lol

When we lose I'd give bird all th the praise and credit and when we win I'd take all the credit

Just now, ellitor said:

@steeleagle Just saying it's right after the signing period. If a move is to be made that's the time to do it.

I understand that thought, but IMO it's too long to wait as far as getting your name in the hat for a new coach, especially Mario if he's about to sign an extension.  Now, if the administration has already lined up a new coach and the announcement happens then, well that's different.  

Just now, cole256 said:

When we lose I'd give bird all th the praise and credit and when we win I'd take all the credit

That's true.  Gives you a scapegoat to save your job later too.  Lol

2 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

I hear what youre saying- i think franklin is a better coach than Gus though and can turn this one bad season into something better next year. I also think Jimbo will have A&M ready next year despite losing Mond. Both of thise games being away is what sealed it for me. 

Arky is improving and I think theyll be out for blood next year. I think Lane will have Ole Miss ready to go. Advantage for us is that one is at home. Neverless I think the x-factor in all of this is Apathy. How much does the team sense that Gus is going to get fired after a loss? What happens after the Georgia game? What happens if we do lose to Penn State and Georgia early- does it fall apart? My guess is yes. Might sneak in some late wins

I know & understand all the pitfalls. I'm just saying with our luck he'll win 9-10 (& there is a route that could happen) & delay the inevitable of what we need even further.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Y'all have seen Penn State this year, right? Lol I'm all for getting Gus out but this is wildly pessimistic.

I would say optimistically pessimistic sadly.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

If I google “How to be an offensive coordinator” and promise to adjust to what the defense is doing can I join too? Or is that Bird’s position? If so, I guess I can google “How to be a defensive coordinator” but it’s definitely not my first choice.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

He survived off OC roulette for a long time

---> Pretend to relinquish OC role

---> Hire new OC and Gus take over Play Calling

----> Repeat

He's also used youth and inexperience multiple times.  Plus he's leveraged several recruiting classes to get an extension from the Administration.  

It's year 8 and all of the excuse  cards are used up.

33 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I don't think this is 100% correct. Look at what the bama's, uga's, clemsons and ohio states have that AU doesn't. Real good fits with the university and the HC's. Everyone is in unison. All pulling in the same direction. That is what AU needs to find. The "Pat Dye". It can be done. 

IMO. 

Homerun Braves GIF - Homerun Braves Atlanta - Discover & Share GIFs

28 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Stidham performed at a high level in 2017. Cam certainly did in 2010 with Gus as OC. Even White was leading the SEC in QB efficiency  prior to his injury the year we played OK in the Sugar. 

How many freshman quarterbacks has Gus signed that haven’t taken a nose dive? Nick, Cam, and Stidham all came in as transfers and already had coaching before they saved the day. The simplest way to put this: Is Gus a great, or even good, developer of talent? If the answer is no, then he needs to go. 

1 minute ago, keesler said:

He's also used youth and inexperience multiple times.  Plus he's leveraged several recruiting classes to get an extension from the Administration.  

It's year 8 and all of the excuse  cards are used up.

Exactly. Like I've said before, it's beginning to look a lot little Butch Jones' last couple seasons...

Archived