Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I"m ready for Gus to go, but I also have no confidence in the folks in charge to do anything but hire an "Auburn man" or a former assistant which means we will end up with Patrick Nix or Will Muschamp as head coach.

They'll have a really good year 2 or 3, we will grossly overpay them, and then we will be right back here in 2025 when the wheels fall off.

1 hour ago, rophle said:

The 50-75 main contributors on this site don’t speak for all 85,000+ plus that fill JHS. 

Why is this an argument. It was meant to be a one off little comment. I took our little sample of fans and made a JOKE. No I didn’t survey the 100’s of thousands of fans to see if they actually like Mario. And no I don’t think they should actually hire Mario because I feel the majority of fans like him. It was a light hearted JOKE, my guy.

I already gave the real provable reason of why we should hire Mario.

This guy.

E03F84F8-6C64-4A2F-945C-6098DC51029F.jpeg

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Why is this an argument. It was meant to be a one off little comment. I took our little sample of fans and made a JOKE. No I didn’t survey the 100’s of thousands of fans to see if they actually like Mario. And no I don’t think they should actually hire Mario because I feel the majority of fans like him. It was a light hearted JOKE, my guy.

This guy.

A very dry grooming clay in his hair, but a completely different gel-like substance on his 'stache.  Quite interesting.

12 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Can that be done by Wednesday?  There’s a good chance the players wouldn’t even know who they were coming to play for as far as coordinators and what not.

What's the likely chance that this Administration has their ducks in a row?  That they've already gathered up the $$ to buyout this staff + the $$ to buyout a replacement staff + contacted and sealed the deal with a new HC, AND can get it all done and announced by Wednesday?

History has shown us how this Administration, BOT, PTB do things.  Having an organized and solid plan of action in place has not been their strong suit.

1 hour ago, rophle said:

The 50-75 main contributors on this site don’t speak for all 85,000+ plus that fill JHS. 

It was a joke rophle.

Me and (5) other Auburn alum + kids I'm currently paying tuition at Auburn have filled JHS and many away stadiums for years.  I can attest to the fact that a large portion of those gameday and traveling Auburn fans are feed up with the consistent ineptitude we've seen from this coaching staff.  Spending thousands a year to support Auburn football is a family tradition going on 40 yrs and a needed change is evident.  

Now specifically Christobal as a replacement??  I think just about any HC that can bring in a solid staff and a willingness to evolve with the times and can bring energy and excitement back to the program would be welcomed at this point.

This annual hot-seat talk and mediocre product this crew has put on the field is damaging Auburn's brand and now it has trickled down to the life-blood of the program as recruiting is suffering.

VT fans board wants Gus as coach. Showed up in my feed, but interesting comments. 

https://247sports.com/college/virginia-tech/board/59428/Contents/rumors-auburn-firing-gus-hope-we-move-soon--156559258/?page=2

45 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This guy.

I’ve been on the Feld bandwagon for awhile. Saban tried to get him as their strength coach this past February and he was at Georgia before Cristobal hired him at Oregon. Plus he’s a Homewood boy, so he’d be much closer to home!!

831CEDAD-7C8B-4A1B-8A3F-0AA0399B33F5.jpeg

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

VT fans board wants Gus as coach. Showed up in my feed, but interesting comments. 

https://247sports.com/college/virginia-tech/board/59428/Contents/rumors-auburn-firing-gus-hope-we-move-soon--156559258/?page=2

Va Tech seems like a nice landing spot for him. I think it could work there in the long run. 

Just listened to the Drive. They were talking about rumors that Gus will be back next year with some staff changes. I swear if they let this guy make staff changes again I’m going to flip tf out. How many times!

3 things I want for Christmas. Mario, Feld,  Mario to bring back the orange drop shadows on the home jerseys. Let’s make Auburn great again! 

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Got it on good faith that Gus is headed to Vandy. Bet!

How the hell did you get that name?! We’re you the first person on this website or something? Lol

14 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

How the hell did you get that name?! We’re you the first person on this website or something? Lol

Lol. I’m not even sure what you mean, but for better or worse I believe we will be Gus-less next season, and I believe he’ll be in Nashville with his grands. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

What aspects specifically do you think Bo has improved in?

Already answered that and here a copy and paste:

As it relates to Bo, his pocket presence is better and he has gotten bigger and faster and it has improved his escapability as well as his running ability. No doubt he is still a work in progress. I believe he will continue to improve. 

2 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

As it relates to Bo, his pocket presence is better and he has gotten bigger and faster and it has improved his escapability as well as his running ability. No doubt he is still a work in progress. I believe he will continue to improve. 

How would you evaluate his mechanics, accuracy, field vision, ability to read coverages, and identity the blitz?

30 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Just listened to the Drive. They were talking about rumors that Gus will be back next year with some staff changes. I swear if they let this guy make staff changes again I’m going to flip tf out. How many times!

staff changes? The problem is offense. To win these days you have to have a prolific offense. We don't and don't see signs that we are evolving into one.

So the staff changes are on D? Outside of not replacing our studs we have had recently w/ equal ability, I don't have a problem w our D coaches.

So on offense...I don't see Bicknell or Morris going...I dont' see Carnell going..so maybe Burns? 

In the end...i don't see staff changes improving...unless it is bc of poor recruiting from some of the coaches on staff..

7 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Okay, so he's made absolutely no improvements in any aspect of actually playing quarterback (ie: passing). He improved his escapability? Does that seem like something that is "coached" to you? Being able to miraculously escape out of the grips of DL trying to sack you isn't something you "coach" into a quarterback. Your other improvement - getting bigger and faster - are literally relating to strength and conditioning and have nothing to do with on-field coaching as it relates to Malzahn. Malzahn's isn't a personal trainer or a conditioning coach, now is he? 

20 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

staff changes? The problem is offense. To win these days you have to have a prolific offense. We don't and don't see signs that we are evolving into one.

So the staff changes are on D? Outside of not replacing our studs we have had recently w/ equal ability, I don't have a problem w our D coaches.

So on offense...I don't see Bicknell or Morris going...I dont' see Carnell going..so maybe Burns? 

In the end...i don't see staff changes improving...unless it is bc of poor recruiting from some of the coaches on staff..

If their answer to this circus is to replace Kodi Burnes the whole athletic department should be institutionalized.

5 hours ago, auskip07 said:

Where do you get the  90%? i would think the percentage is closer to 20% and even that would be a stretch.   

Is it that he offers significant change from the current HC that he is so beloved? 

Also historically,  if fans like him or think he's a good fit  chances are he wont be hired 

Check images at bottom for a pretty good indication

4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I agree with you here. It’s pretty sad that the administration doesn’t at least try to go out there and make the fans feel satisfied. They normally bring in guys out of left field and we end up having to go along with it. They forever us to accept their mediocre coaches and mediocre results, because we love Auburn.

Like they did when they listened to the fans and got us Bruce?

3 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

One was asked for and one was provided. Sean White is another one that got better before off the field issues and injuries did him in. As it relates to Bo, his pocket presence is better and he has gotten bigger and faster and it has improved his escapability as well as his running ability. No doubt he is still a work in progress. I believe he will continue to improve. 

You listed things that SHOULD come naturally to a kid who was the #1 DTQB in the country with a season of experience under his belt. 

Are his passes better? No. Is he still overthrowing the fastest man in college football? Yes. Is he making checkdowns? No. Is he still staring down his WR and main target before the snap? Yep. Is he planting his feet and squaring his shoulders and stepping into every throw? Nope. Still throwing off his backfoot? Is there anyother way he passes the ball? 

The one thing that has improved is his completion percentage by a minuscule amount, but that tends to happen when you throw mainly all shovel passes and within 5 yards of the LOS. I saw a stat that said we didnt attempt a pass over 15 yards the entire aTm game. Looks like gus is trying to force that 60% mark for the first time in Bos career. 

All the things that 

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

You are right that we dont have an offense. But you are incorrect to put ALL of the blame on the offense. This years defense has been terrible. Despite signing multiple highly ranked kids every class, its been 3 years since we had anything resembling a pass rush. This seasons defense has been pushed around. The DL has played bad. Pappoe has played bad. He is consistently running himself out of position and trying to arm tackle. Where is the 5* headhunter he was suppose to be when we signed him? So far he hasnt shown up... The DBs are playing just terribly. They give up 15 yards then get up talking smack as if they stopped them for a 15 yard loss. They are constantly out of position, making bad decisions, and committing stupid penalties. 

Yeah the offense deserves every bit of blame that people want to give them, but it is unfair to just blame one side of the ball. This the worst the defense has looked under Steele. I know most want to give him a pass, but his defense is going down hill quickly without Muschamps recruits

@auskip07 dude can recruit and coach up some OL.

Screenshot_20201211-120558.png

Screenshot_20201211-120655.png

Archived