Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@auburn4everMy understanding is it's not his move to make given the cost it takes to get rid of him. Supposedly the neutrals of the powers that be have to get on board.

What fans aren't realizing unfortunately is I think this is how they view it:

Georgia is a pseudo top 10, Texas A&M first man out from playoffs, Bama #1 on a historic run, and a fluke loss to SCar.

If you're Gus and the board isn't as die hard as we are that's a pretty easy sales pitch to make especially when you're expensive and you came into the year with an all-new starting OL and mostly new starting DL.

THESE AREN'T MY OPINIONS

Just playing devil's advocate on why the board isn't doing anything... yet

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

We are stuck with this guy and its a direct indictment of those in power who gave the fool that ridiculous contract and the same old Auburn mentality of well he's not THAT bad so we should ride this out.  

Over the last 5 years and right up to today I have been accused by some other "fans" of not being "true Auburn" or not supporting the university.  I shouldn't have to defend my fandom but I can assure those fans that I have cried with pain and joy over this team since 1985.  My first real Auburn experience was watching the Iron Bowl that Van Tiffin made that damn kick and having to listen to the idiots at school the next week.  I survived the Eric Ramsey crap and watching Dye walk away and breaking my heart. Incidentally my son's middle name is Patrick for a reason.  I survived the Bowden debacle in -98 while I was in school at Auburn.  I could go on but honestly I have lived and died by Auburn football Saturdays both great and terrible and never ever through any of it have I been more apathetic about football than these last few years under Gus.  Win/loss record be damned we just need some new energy in this program. 

Well said, our stories are very similar.

58 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

You may be right But there are insiders on other sites that say things are changing. It is not be a done deal yet but there is a lot more support now to get rid of him than there has ever been. If he loses to Mississippi State he is toast IMO. The comment that he made sat after the loss did not go well at all.

What's insane is (and I believe you that it may) that the Miss State game has any bearing on anything. If we win by 100 or lose by 100 it means nothing. We learn nothing new about Gus. We know who he is and what he can/can't do. 

I guess there are power brokers desperate enough to believe a strong showing in Starkville is proof Gus may still right the ship?

Definition of insanity. 

Seeing tweets about boosters being done with things and someone else mentioning there's a team meeting today. Could be nothing but this is the most smoke I've seen about it in years. Anyone else hearing anything? 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Seeing tweets about boosters being done with things and someone else mentioning there's a team meeting today. Could be nothing but this is the most smoke I've seen about it in years. Anyone else hearing anything? 

Damn it zeek. 

Just now, WarTim said:

It’s nothing. JMHO

I'm leaning towards this it's just friends who are usually quiet seem to be talking.

Hypothetically, I wonder who our interim Head Coach would be?

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

What's insane is (and I believe you that it may) that the Miss State game has any bearing on anything. If we win by 100 or lose by 100 it means nothing. We learn nothing new about Gus. We know who he is and what he can/can't do. 

I guess there are power brokers desperate enough to believe a strong showing in Starkville is proof Gus may still right the ship?

Definition of insanity. 

Might have more to do with timing of signing day.  You let Gus go today and you have less than 2 weeks until recruits sign.  Can you get another coach committed and on the trail by then?  Seems that most of the candidates are all still coaching games.  Not impossible, but difficult to pull off quickly.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yes, but its coming from a radio show in Baton Rouge, Hangin' with Hester and Hanny

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

8021C7CA-30AB-404F-AB97-DE2E747C1798.gif

• ellitor changed the title to Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)
14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

D0B0D50C-0E21-4EB8-875B-14523384FD96.jpeg

Well I'm ready for the search.  Already checking the thread anytime I get lol. 

Just now, BizTiger said:

Lol I'm getting overly excited just to be let down

8 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

I wouldn't put much stock into Josh Moon.  This is the same guy that was spreading all of those rumors about Auburn and it just ended up being a troll job.  This whole forum was pissed off at him for a good 6 months.

Just now, abw0004 said:

I wouldn't put much stock into Josh Moon.  This is the same guy that was spreading all of those rumors about Auburn and it just ended up being a troll job.  This whole forum was pissed off at him for a good 6 months.

True, he gassed us up before.

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

True, he gassed us up before.

I don’t care I’m choosing to believe it! That gives me hope. I love hope! Hope is a good thing. Auburn football under Gus has stolen my hope! I’m taking it back! BOOM 💥 

Ok. I'm officially hopeful. If this doesn't happen it will be a bigger let down than getting excited for the Star Wars Sequel trilogy only for the Last Jedi to completely crap all over it.

Archived