Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

3 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

One was asked for and one was provided. Sean White is another one that got better before off the field issues and injuries did him in. As it relates to Bo, his pocket presence is better and he has gotten bigger and faster and it has improved his escapability as well as his running ability. No doubt he is still a work in progress. I believe he will continue to improve. 

I did not ask for one. I asked “how many freshmen quarterbacks has Gus signed that haven’t taken a nosedive” and you named one, a questionable one. One in eight years. Besides, Bo has not gotten better; he has better days, but hasn’t gotten better. His pocket presence isn’t better either. He’s bigger and faster? Congrats. He’s eating and going to the gym. That’s not coaching. And I do not believe he’ll get better under Gus. The evidence and history says otherwise. And Sean never really got better either. He was serviceable at best while on the plains. So if your only two points of evidence are those two, you have again proven my point.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

How would you evaluate his mechanics, accuracy, field vision, ability to read coverages, and identity the blitz?

Vs last year he is improved in varying degrees on all of these, but he still has a ways to go in these areas as well. The improvement in these areas is marginal. This is why I didn’t list these areas when I answered the question as he does still struggle too often in these areas. I expect he will continue to improve and would be more improved this year if he had more time in the Morris offense prior to the start of this season. 

36 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Lol. I’m not even sure what you mean, but for better or worse I believe we will be Gus-less next season, and I believe he’ll be in Nashville with his grands. 

He meant the fact that your profile name is simply Auburn Tiger.

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

Out of likes, but agree 100% 

It also lets the new coach make the decision to keep or replace some of the committed recruits he feels may or may not fit the new direction. No reason to saddle a new regime with players they may or may not want. It's also not fair to the players, let them decide if they can play under the new coach.  Who knows, maybe the new coach can convince some of our misses to hold off till February and be able to flip a few.

This is fair.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Just listened to the Drive. They were talking about rumors that Gus will be back next year with some staff changes. I swear if they let this guy make staff changes again I’m going to flip tf out. How many times!

What do you say we move these deck chairs around? Pay no attention to that iceberg. The offense is going to be stale garbage as long as Gus is here. 

11 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You are right that we dont have an offense. But you are incorrect to put ALL of the blame on the offense. This years defense has been terrible. Despite signing multiple highly ranked kids every class, its been 3 years since we had anything resembling a pass rush. This seasons defense has been pushed around. The DL has played bad. Pappoe has played bad. He is consistently running himself out of position and trying to arm tackle. Where is the 5* headhunter he was suppose to be when we signed him? So far he hasnt shown up... The DBs are playing just terribly. They give up 15 yards then get up talking smack as if they stopped them for a 15 yard loss. They are constantly out of position, making bad decisions, and committing stupid penalties. 

Yeah the offense deserves every bit of blame that people want to give them, but it is unfair to just blame one side of the ball. This the worst the defense has looked under Steele. I know most want to give him a pass, but his defense is going down hill quickly without Muschamps recruits

Steele pulling in the countries highest Coordinator salary of $2.5 million/yr gets NO PASS. IMO.

Defense has digressed, looks smallish and weak compared to other SEC foe.  They're outmanned, out of place and some appear to not GAS if they execute or not. :realmad:

19 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Just please let us get Cristobal before LSU becomes an open vacancy. 

@AUBwins O is not getting fired soon. Texas is the bigger threat.

13 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Vs last year he is improved in varying degrees on all of these, but he still has a ways to go in these areas as well. The improvement in these areas is marginal. This is why I didn’t list these areas when I answered the question as he does still struggle too often in these areas. I expect he will continue to improve and would be more improved this year if he had more time in the Morris offense prior to the start of this season. 

So, he “struggles too often” with his mechanics, accuracy, field vision, ability to read coverages, and identifying the blitz.....but other than that....he’s improved this year?

17 hours ago, aubie17 said:

Any idea what level of CURRENT interest Cristobal has in Auburn if the position opens and he is offered? 

@aubie17Same as it was 2 years ago. High interest. Now it's up to our movers & shakers to make it happen. Not sure though they are on the same page about him now with the 2 losses so far this season.

17 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

My understanding is he wants to return to the south. JG Tate said there could be extra incentive given the financial impact that COVID left on the PAC 12.

Over UT-Austin?

@JBiGGiESupposedly yes. He really wants to be back in the SEC.

17 hours ago, aubie17 said:

True.... high confidence? 

No. We are dealing with our movers & shakers which don't do much moving & shaking often times.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUBwins O is not getting fired soon. Texas is the bigger threat.

IF LSU can pin even an ounce of the current Title IX investigation on O, he is out of there with $0.00.  This lawsuit has already pegged a tennis coach and an Asst AD for knowingly suppressing rape and sexual assault allegations and failing to report the allegations to Title IX reps at LSU.  IF Ed O knew about any of it and didn't handle the allegations correctly, he's a goner. 

I wonder how many fans will be secretly pulling for a MooState win tomorrow, or at least how many wouldn't be upset with a loss 👀

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I wonder how many fans will be secretly pulling for a MooState win tomorrow, or at least how many wouldn't be upset with a loss 👀

I hope they beat the **** out of us. For the good of the many! Lol

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I hope they beat the **** out of us. For the good of the many! Lol

I don't think you're alone in this sentiment but that's a pretty unpopular thing to say publicly lol

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

It all depends on if the PTB/BOT/AD have a plan in place and work it quickly and efficiently.

Historically speaking...

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I don't think you're alone in this sentiment but that's a pretty unpopular thing to say publicly lol

Meh. I’m at that point. I would feel bad for the players but this is a free year for them. I won’t be watching it either way. I got plans to do literally anything else. 

13 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

PAC12 may have helped us out. UW-Oregon game declared a no contest bc of COVID. Mario prolly ain't playing until bowl season now.

May have been better had they played & won the game & get to play for the Pac 12 title. Sounds like some shakers aren't convinced on Mario.

5 hours ago, C'viewTiger said:

Intentionally leaving room for transfers that couldn’t make the starting lineup where they are?

@C'viewTiger Any transfers we take will be starters at their previous stop.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

May have been better had they played & won the game & get to play for the Pac 12 title. Sounds like some shakers aren't convinced on Mario.

“Wait a second! Why would we want to fire Mr. Mediocre and bring in a guy who has lost 2 games?!”

These people are baffling.

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I'm convinced that true message board insiders are a thing of the past.  People seem better at keeping their mouth shut.

@AUDevilThere are still a few good ones left.

Archived