Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

It was tongue in cheek big guy 

I figured. I was just mentioning how insane that would be on D Craig’s part. Also, that wouldn’t help at all. No way a staff change helps this circus.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, chizhead said:

In no way am I disputing you or trying to disparage you in any way, so please don't think that I am disrespecting you or your info. I just don't believe it, but I damn sure want to. I do think he is fired though but I am guessing that he ends up at VT. I just think he can do better than Vandy. Gus has a problem with arrogance and thats why I just can't believe that there would be a mutual parting of the ways to go to Nashville

No worries, mate. I’m just relaying what I’ve been told. I won’t really believe It either until it is in ink on paper. 

Too much $$$ involved. Gus through 2021. JMHO 

34 minutes ago, Carnell said:

While I agree with you 100%, I believe that he wins tonight he will get another year.  Another off season to make some changes and get the crowd all excited about the upcoming year.

A!.gif

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Nooooooooooo! Save the Tank!

It’s happening man! Accept it. Us fans are going to have to pay it back if Gus gets fired. It’s just the Auburn way.

4 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Too much $$$ involved. Gus through 2021. JMHO 

We pay him about 2 mil more if he stays through '21. 

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We pay him about 2 mil more if he stays through '21. 

Exactly. $28 million total this year ($7 million salary + $21 million buyout) versus $30 million this time next year (2020 $7 million salary + 2021 $7 million salary + $16 million buyout).

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Exactly. $28 million total this year ($7 million salary + $21 million buyout) versus $30 million this time next year (2020 $7 million salary + 2021 $7 million salary + $16 million buyout).

That's why I don't understand the $ argument that people cling to.

Just now, bigbird said:

That's why I don't understand the $ argument that people cling to.

Also, you’d likely make up a crap load of money just in renewed interest in the football program if this covid thing goes away. Mario Cristobal bobble heads and whatnot😏

6 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

If you are comparing a 2 year period for keeping you gotta add in cost for new coach next year too if you fire this year...4-5 mil?  So cost to fire this year is really 32–33 mil over the same two year period  if you keep.

Not that 2-3 million should/would really make a difference at this point.

3 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Sooooo, who is watching the game tonight?

I’m not! Not because I have plans. But I told my wife last weekend I was done until Gus is gone and I’m stubborn so I gotta follow through. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m not! Not because I have plans. But I told my wife last weekend I was done until Gus is gone and I’m stubborn so I gotta follow through. 

That’s hilarious. I’ve been telling myself every game since UGA this season I was done, but it’s like a gruesome car wreck. I can’t not look. Lol. 

Archived