Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

That’s hilarious. I’ve been telling myself every game since UGA this season I was done, but it’s like a gruesome car wreck. I can’t not look. Lol. 

I have too, and haven’t followed through. But what better way to start sticking with my principles than a covid year final game against Miss St.

Unrelated. Boston College’s president  gave a really good reason why BC won’t be going to a bowl and I’m hoping Gough follows along with that idea.

36 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Too much $$$ involved. Gus through 2021. JMHO 

The longer we keep him the worse it costs in the long run and I’m not just talking about his contract. I’m talking about the fallout from keeping him. The more fiscal thing to do is to go ahead and cut him now.

12 minutes ago, Bathel said:

If you are comparing a 2 year period for keeping you gotta add in cost for new coach next year too if you fire this year...4-5 mil?  So cost to fire this year is really 32–33 mil over the same two year period  if you keep.

Not that 2-3 million should/would really make a difference at this point.

I’m not sure I’m following you. We have to pay a new staff regardless, whether it’s this year or next year. You would have to pay the new coach next year the $4-5 million so that makes the 2021 amount $34-35 million vs the 2020 amount of $32-33 million.

21 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Exactly. $28 million total this year ($7 million salary + $21 million buyout) versus $30 million this time next year (2020 $7 million salary + 2021 $7 million salary + $16 million buyout).

Plus the lost revenue and donations from a worsening product.

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I’m not sure I’m following you. We have to pay a new staff regardless, whether it’s this year or next year. You would have to pay the new coach next year the $4-5 million so that makes the 2021 amount $34-35 million vs the 2020 amount of $32-33 million.

Your cost to keep is over a two year period. You have to compare the same period for apples to apples cost. 

Cash outta pocket over the same time period. Granted, I don’t think 2-3 mil matters when you’re talking these numbers and there could be a loss is revenue seen if you don’t fire too...

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Plus the lost revenue and donations from a worsening product.

Thank you!! That’s another component I’ve been harping on: revenue generated through renewed hope and optimism. I’ve used the Saban example before, but his salary is just a drop in the bucket compared to what he’s built at bama and the revenue it has generated.

All right boys here is todays plan. I have a double IV hydration therapy appointment at 12:30. Then I am headed to the Dollar Store. They have 24 packs of Milwaukee's Best on sale today. I'm grabbing two for myself and they also have Totino's 50 count Pizza Rolls on sale. I'm grabbing four of them for evening snacks. As always can I grab anything for anyone else? you know I do not mind and as always you can pay me on the honor system. Gotta grab some Rid X because Roto Rooter cant come until next week. Go Daw____ oh im sorry I forgot War Eagle. That dang Dixie Beer from yesterday still has me a little confused. I'm out the door.

9 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

All right boys here is todays plan. I have a double IV hydration therapy appointment at 12:30. Then I am headed to the Dollar Store. They have 24 packs of Milwaukee's Best on sale today. I'm grabbing two for myself and they also have Totino's 50 count Pizza Rolls on sale. I'm grabbing four of them for evening snacks. As always can I grab anything for anyone else? you know I do not mind and as always you can pay me on the honor system. Gotta grab some Rid X because Roto Rooter cant come until next week. Go Daw____ oh im sorry I forgot War Eagle. That dang Dixie Beer from yesterday still has me a little confused. I'm out the door.

You must be confusing this board with Facebook.

19 minutes ago, saminbama said:

You must be confusing this board with Facebook.

Naw Brother pretty much been doing this all week. 

29 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

A family sized bag of Funyions some Slim Jims would be great. They pair well with Beast Light(trying to watch my figure).

44 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Dude Totino’s Pizza rolls are my weakness. I will eat a 50 count by myself, especially if you get the cheese one. #fireGus

27 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

A family sized bag of Funyions some Slim Jims would be great. They pair well with Beast Light(trying to watch my figure).

Did someone say slim Jim’s? 

E5CF4A15-42BA-44FB-A4E6-34891113E8EE.gif

15 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Dude Totino’s Pizza rolls are my weakness. I will eat a 50 count by myself, especially if you get the cheese one. #fireGus

Pop those mf’s in an air fryer and thank me later. 

20 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Pepperoni or Combination flavors but yeah buddy I can pop those babies like m&m’s.  #firegus

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Do you really see that as a possibility?  What type of staff changes would excite and bring back fans?

I know it has happened in the past.  During the 2016 year I was hearing fan discontent and wanting Gus gone.  He hired Lindsey and oh did the fan base go wild.  During the 2018 year again the talk was to fire Gus and during the off-season he hired Dillingham and the fans became excited and saying we got Dilly.  Then after we lost the game to minnesota complaints that gus should be fired because we were losing to the better teams such as LSU and Georgia.  But then the fans starting cheering when he hired Morris.

3 hours ago, REALTORTiger said:

I suspect that the future money from the ABC/ESPN contract may have hastened Gus' departure.  Or at least I hope so.  

This recruiting class will be destroyed but onward and upward. It wasn't going to be good anyway.

So are you listing Gus's house? Inquiring minds want to know. 

6 minutes ago, Paladin said:

If anyone is interested, Rob Pate has a long thread on Twitter with his take on the Auburn coaching situation.

Got a link? I don't do twitter and have no idea how to find that

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It’s going to take some crazy staff changes to make the fans get excited. Like you gotta bring in the OC from the Chiefs and the Saints DC for me to get excited. 

There is not any move he can really any move he can make to change the program because he is not respected that even OCs and DCs at power 5 schools would want to work for him but back around 2016 he had a sufficient reputation that he could hire a legimate OC as evidenced by the ones he interviewed but then went and hired Lindsey.  Now he has no respect where legimate coaches would want to work for him.

By the way the DC of the Saints is my choice for HC.  

Archived