Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Think of the hires since Dye moved on...I was younger when it started but I recall all having one great season. Bowden, Tubbs, Chiz, and Gus. And Tubbs through Gus are all connected. Neither was able to get Auburn the winning consistency we all want. Resources are there, facilities, fan base, recruiting area, best conference, etc. So what level of confidence do you have that they the “puppet masters” or “money people”will get it right this time? They say Allen Greene is here only to get finances in order, so apparently it’s not his call. It’s like a cycle of craziness that can’t be broken, maybe someone needs to burn sage in the Athletic Department or something. 

Agree. Dysfunction is the Auburn way and has been throughout my lifetime. Sigh...

Oh well, my posts were cathartic for me this a.m. Appreciate the board letting me vent...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, fredst said:

I really do want to be optimistic like you. Auburn has meant a lot to me through the years for a lot more than football. This acceptance of Gus and the results he is getting is SO discouraging. Watching the video posted of that dip💩 dancing after a crappy win against a 2-6 team about finished me off, lol. I just cannot take him being the face of the university for much longer.

Even worse, I think that we have an opportunity to get THAT guy. I really believe that Cristobal with AU resources and tradition could have a sustained run of excellence at AU. I’m not clairvoyant but I really believe that (and could be dead wrong). We have a chance to grab for the brass ring and instead we are going the hold on to the rotting mullet we have.

If they give him full control like Saban, then I agree. No poking around suggesting this and that. Let him be and let him do his job.

Just now, PoetTiger said:

If they give him full control like Saban, then I agree. No poking around suggesting this and that. Let him be and let him do his job.

Been saying this for years. But, it ain’t the Auburn way. Was hoping with Jacobs leaving and the hiring of Greene we were seeing a changing of the guard and signaling a new approach to how we would do business in the AD. Sadly, that hasn’t been the case...

2 years ago, he bet on himself to basically be the OC again in a live or die season, he failed.  This year he said let me get one of the best OCs before he became a head coach and give him full control of offense in another live or die season,  he failed.  That's already 2 chances to prove it. Covid is a copout. We played 10 games against SEC competition which to me shows how you stack up against your conference.  We finish 1 game over 0.500 with 2 wins coming on questionable calls. We didn't face competitive advantages due to Covid this year to us losing key players.  The pandemic even kept Bama coach off the sidelines and then finish the conference undefeated in a 10 game slate. The only thing Covid really did to hurt in terms of firing a coach was not being able to show the lack of interest in Gameday since basically only students were allowed. Geez I wish the PTB would give a darn.

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

2 years ago, he bet on himself to basically be the OC again in a live or die season, he failed.  This year he said let me get one of the best OCs before he became a head coach and give him full control of offense in another live or die season,  he failed.  That's already 2 chances to prove it. Covid is a copout. We played 10 games against SEC competition which to me shows how you stack up against your conference.  We finish 1 game over 0.500 with 2 wins coming on questionable calls. We didn't face competitive advantages due to Covid this year to us losing key players.  The pandemic even kept Bama coach off the sidelines and then finish the conference undefeated in a 10 game slate. The only thing Covid really did to hurt in terms of firing a coach was not being able to show the lack of interest in Gameday since basically only students were allowed. Geez I wish the PTB would give a darn.

Devils Advocate here - Bama is good, really good. This year they beat the crap out of everybody in the SEC. And Sark runs that offense like a well oiled machine. Saban could have missed every game and they would have still went undefeated. They have top ten NFL talent at almost every position. And if any team needed a spring season Auburn did, still no excuse for how things ultimately played out but with a new OC, new OL, losing DB and a few others. Yeah Auburn needed spring because we just don’t reload like Bama. Actually no one in the SEC does. And before anyone calls me a loser or something else, yes Gus needs to go. But I doubt if they pay him off this year.

Devils Advocate here - Bama is good, really good. This year they beat the crap out of everybody in the SEC. And Sark runs that offense like a well oiled machine. Saban could have missed every game and they would have still went undefeated. They have top ten NFL talent at almost every position. And if any team needed a spring season Auburn did, still no excuse for how things ultimately played out but with a new OC, new OL, losing DB and a few others. Yeah Auburn needed spring because we just don’t reload like Bama. Actually no one in the SEC does. And before anyone calls me a loser or something else, yes Gus needs to go. But I doubt if they pay him off this year.

If they don't, Auburn will continue piling up mediocrity and discontent until we become an SEC cellar dweller. If not for 2x very questionable calls, we would be 4-6 right now. If not for an MSU that completely bumbled itself out of the game in the 2nd half, it might be worse than that. 

8 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Everybody thinking announcement at 12 either way?

No. If anything is done, still in the 2 days seems most likely.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Where are you getting that?

I’d think that some kind of statement either way with early signing day around the corner the AD either has to say this is our guy next year or we are letting him go. No announcement only hurts us. No insider info here just makes sense to me. The longer it’s drug out the worse it looks. 

5 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Bull****. That Bama defense looked very vulnerable earlier this season, capped off by that 48-bomb that Ole Miss dropped on them. Since then, the improvement in their defense has been night and day. Its the same exact players playing - so what happened? Its called coaching. 

7 minutes ago, metafour said:

Bull****. That Bama defense looked very vulnerable earlier this season, capped off by that 48-bomb that Ole Miss dropped on them. Since then, the improvement in their defense has been night and day. Its the same exact players playing - so what happened? Its called coaching. 

Exactly. But they are still very talented on that side of the ball.

The longer this goes on, the less likely he is fired. One consistent thing with Gus though, is ever day he is head coach, the worse I feel about AU football. Really tired of the admin, BoT, and PTB too.

Exactly. But they are still very talented on that side of the ball.

Yep. We have only a few players on either side of the ball that could start for the Tide. Much of that is raw talent level coming in, and some of that is most assuredly coaching/scheme...and not all of that is from Saban. If recruiting doesn't start to pick up, that gap will just continue to widen.

4 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Feels like Christmas morning when i was 5 again

Gonna wake up to some coal in your eye

I thought when I woke up this morning that I wouldn't post here on football for a while but I want to say this. I'm as much a nobody to the university as some others are but last night was the first time I have ever been conflicted about wanting Auburn to win a football game. It's even hard to type that much less say it aloud. None of us wish ill on Gus but his time is up. There is no upside to him leading this team on the field. Good man otherwise but he's killed the will of the huge majority of the people who love Auburn football. I'm going to do my dead level best to not say anything else negative about him because it doesn't help me and it sure doesn't help the situation. That is not a statement to say that no one else should. Everyone has to work this out with themselves. The PsTB may not be coming to the rescue this year. I hoped, we all hoped they would. It's not over yet but Auburn football has been dealt a blow that will take several years to bounce back. Turning away is tough but the bit of cowboy in me can't watch someone else shoot my horse. 

Archived