Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tbone1430 said:

Everybody thinking announcement at 12 either way?

People have to remember..this whole ‘Gotta fire Gus’ is just a product of message board fodder, consisting of speculation and ‘inside info.’  Auburn University as an institution is a separate entity altogether. They are not beholden to making any announcement, nor have they indicated one is forthcoming, so we shouldn’t be shocked if something that never was going to happen isn’t shared as an announcement. 

1 minute ago, fredst said:

I’m beginning to think that Gus was hired just so the administration could see if it was possibly to gaslight an entire fan base

you.....are not of The Body......

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

So here is my take.

It won't happen today, Auburn is too godly to fire someone on a Sunday.

Tomorrow is a possibility.

If it doesn't happen tomorrow and they do want to remove him it's because they want to wait for Early National Signing Day to pass and get some of this recruiting class signed (kind of crappy for the recruits but nothing new).

If it doesn't happen by the end of this week then it's likely not happening. They won't do it the week of Christmas.

Maybe a bad bowl game could lead to it but I'm not feeling like he's leaving.

Chizik was fired on a Sunday, as i already said in the thread anytime between now and tuesday is a perfect timeline for it to happen if we go by chizik and tubbervilles firing and resignation

3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Its not happening folks. Make plans to do literally anything other than watch football next fall.

I really like Mike Leach and have watched his teams play for many years, not for the football quality, but the entertainment factor. He will win at Starkville, maybe not an SEC ring, but he will win, plus I laugh my ass off at his antics. Its FUN, unpredictable, bewildering, but I will have no emotional attachment to it. Hell, he'll do as well as Gus will over the next few years but I won't hurt with a loss....hmmmm? Kinda' like I am now with AU

I just don’t see it happening after a W no matter how ugly it was.   Maybe after the season/bowl game but it doesn’t feel like now is the time.  Should it be? Absolutely.  Just don’t see it.   Hopefully I’m wrong though.  

2 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

this site says they are  hearing  it has happened but its unofficial they are waiting to get further confirmation

https://strangeandgreatstateofalabama755539042.wordpress.com/2020/12/13/unofficial-auburn-has-fired-gus-malzahn/

I hate to use grammar as an argument but it doesn't give them much credibility.

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I hate to use grammar as an argument but it doesn't give them much credibility.

that website looks like a 5th-grade media class  project

28 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Its not happening folks. Make plans to do literally anything other than watch football next fall.

I'll still be watching just to keep in-touch with this wonderful community of Gus critics. I'd be lonely without a bunch of someone's to complain to. My wife sure is glad this place exists so she doesn't have to hear it as much! 

14 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

this site says they are  hearing  it has happened but its unofficial they are waiting to get further confirmation

https://strangeandgreatstateofalabama755539042.wordpress.com/2020/12/13/unofficial-auburn-has-fired-gus-malzahn/

Lol! “Unofficial...Possible retraction coming.” GMAFB

Look, I’m ready for him to go, also, but I’m not going to pretend like all of the talk and rumor is fact. Asking or waiting for an announcement ‘either way’ from Auburn concerning Gus is akin to me waiting for Elon Musk to announce that he’s leaving me his fortune , or not. If he’s NOT going to be fired, the only time we’ll hear anything from Auburn is if someone asks the question.

25 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Lol.  Lol Lol 

is that you, Terri Saban????merry Christmas to you and Nick 

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Lol.  Lol Lol 

is that you, Terri Saban????merry Christmas to you and Nick 

The site is updated and maintained by The Staff.  🤣

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

whenever I her the word "Boom" I clinch a fist and wanna punch the first person I see wearing glasses or a sweater vest or a visor.

1E1A4789-9F69-4F48-B61A-1FF7A7240E5E.gif

31 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Stop playing with my feelings like that 

33 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Looks very credible indeed

3 hours ago, leglessdan said:

tenor-6.gif

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ckIv1tiaU

Archived