Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

That is an accurate statement, not a face palm.

Common knowledge. Probably some bammer did it. They are as credible as some as anyone else who has no clue. Thought it was funny the way it was written.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

All true and he was a great college coach who came up with a great/gimmick offense that no one had seen in college. When I say he is a lazy recruiter I am talking about today not when he was at Oregon

Well I will say this, I have lived in LA for years now and that program is an afterthought and a joke. I think people don't quite realize how hard it is to get momentum or attention on that program. It could be less Chip and more the difficulty of getting kids to play at UCLA.

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Well I will say this, I have lived in LA for years now and that program is an afterthought and a joke. I think people don't quite realize how hard it is to get momentum or attention on that program. It could be less Chip and more the difficulty of getting kids to play at UCLA.

Totally agree about UCLA

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Totally agree about UCLA

What does that say about him as a coach? He chose that spot when he could have had Florida. 

18 minutes ago, mdp5150 said:

What does that say about him as a coach? He chose that spot when he could have had Florida. 

Really have no answer unless he just wanted to be on the west coast and not have to deal playing in the SEC

11 hours ago, aucom96 said:

Gus recruited stars, but he didn't recruit need. He put low priority on recruiting lines. The PTB basically had to bring in Muschamp to recruit a defense, we were so inept on that side of the ball. We recruited small receivers, small running backs, high star TEs that rarely saw the field... Malzahn didn't know how to build a team. We need someone who can recruit talent AND need...not just siphon off the high stars none of the big programs are recruiting. 

This is my observation. I would modify it to say "Gus recruited the stars he could recruit", which is why we could sign four or more 4* wide receivers every class, but not three or four 4* offensive linemen every year.

I commented to a fellow alum on Facebook Gus' recruiting seemed random. And too many of those top recruits we managed to get ended up being head cases, which makes me wonder if other schools with better scouting passed them over.

43 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I've said all along that if Auburn fires Gus, they better not do it without having "their guy" wrapped up. The rumors about the money being split on who to hire are pretty disconcerting.

Does anyone know if AG did this on his own and told the PTB to shove it? I know it might sound crazy, but is it possible?

Just now, wcware said:

Does anyone know if AG did this on his own and told the PTB to shove it? I know it might sound crazy, but is it possible?

Nope...we would have heard that by now.

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

He'd have been fired by now.  And so would Gogue.

Just now, AUDevil said:

Nope...we would have heard that by now.

Ok I figured that but it would be refreshing for someone to finally take a leadership role that has a pair in that position. 

4 minutes ago, wcware said:

No he did not do this on his own

Locking this thread & moving most of the last few pages to the Coaching Candidates Thread since we are essentially having the same conversation on the 2 threads right now.

Archived