Jump to content
Null

Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)


Recommended Posts

Just now, WinstonMcFlurry said:

ahh I see, seemed like everyone reacted different when he posted  

We are all on the same page with WDE on this. Some just show more sarcastic than others.

Link to post
Share on other sites




  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep coming back to the fact that it's 75% of his remaining contract with half due within 30 days. After 2020: 21.45 (buyout) =  10.7 after 30 days and 2.68 for 4 years. After 2021: 7 (sal

No. Our response to Alabama’s resurrection and run of excellence was to hire Chizik away from ISU and then to replace him with a goofball, high school coach that bailed out on Auburn once and then ret

Handsome you say. That can mean only one person!!!!!!!    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Seeing tweets about boosters being done with things and someone else mentioning there's a team meeting today. Could be nothing but this is the most smoke I've seen about it in years. Anyone else hearing anything? 

This is nowhere the level of smoke we got from Josh Moon, JTate, PMarshall a few years ago (2018).. Moon reported the play-by-play between Harbert & Malzhan in the AD while Leath was traveling to DC.  Moon & Tate were giving us the news on Harbert trying to re-negotiate Gus' buyout for a massive reduction.

It was smoky around these parts back then and nary a thing came to fruition except AD Greene giving his personal endorsement that "Gus is the Auburn coach of the future."  🤢

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Dang it, I was supposed to spend my day refreshing twitter about the Covid relief bill ... not about Gus being fired.

#Priorities

For anyone unsure about this

Sarcasm GIF - Find on GIFER

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yup, usually "source" and "message boards" are antonyms but WDE is pretty spot on

I’ve trusted him ever since it turned out that rehiring Grimes was a bad idea. While most of us were happy to have him back WDE was furious.

For good reason as it turned out. I firmly maintain that decision will end up being the fatal blow to his time here.

Edited by AUwent
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, keesler said:

This is nowhere the level of smoke we got from Josh Moon, JTate, PMarshall a few years ago (2018).. Moon reported the play-by-play between Harbert & Malzhan in the AD while Leath was traveling to DC.  Moon & Tate were giving us the news on Harbert trying to re-negotiate Gus' buyout for a massive reduction.

It was smoky around these parts back then and nary a thing came to fruition except AD Greene giving his personal endorsement that "Gus is the Auburn coach of the future."  🤢

That was such a good time. We almost got Stoops story 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I’ve trusted him ever since it turned out that rehiring Grimes was a bad idea. While most of us were happy to have him back WDE was furious.

For good reason as it turned out. I firmly maintain that decision will end up being the fatal blow to his time here.

We just thought Herb Hand was rock bottom for the OL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DAG said:

That was such a good time. We almost got Stoops story 

This time it'll probably be a "we almost got Dabo" story. Can't wait.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AubWes33 said:

Last night I said on here that I have a gut feeling that Gus will be fired very soon. Would be hilarious if it happens half a day after I said that lol 

Or it would mean that you’re a secret insider and have been holding out on us🤨

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Over / under 20 pages by midnight ?

Depends if we keep getting bait to fuel the fire. I'll take the under for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW JGT said an hour ago nothing has happened yet with Gus but did say Gus's 6-4 solid remark did get 1 important neutral to change to the fire Gus club & that surprised other big money neutrals.

I don't know if it will be enough to get rid of Gus but it sounds like there is some movement in the whole saga.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

If this happens how do Gus apologists react?

That will depend on the hire. 

Me personally, I believe that Gus is a really good man and hate it for him, but Auburn needs to move on. Hiring a mediocre coach wouldnt be the way to move on lol.

 

Edit: The reason I say hate it for him is because it sucks to lose your job, on a personal level. However, theres no denying it's time to move on.

Edited by AUFightingSoldiers
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...