Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

Hearing from some other sources that Malzahn has been let go but they are working through the final payments.  This is in questions because they are saying they don't owe him as much since they are firing him for lack of performance.

Source is friend who claims to be close to AD.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

FWIW JGT said an hour ago nothing has happened yet with Gus but did say Gus's 6-4 solid remark did get 1 big money neutral to change to the fire Gus club & that surprised other big money neutrals.

I don't know if it will be enough to get rid of Gus but it sounds like there is some movement in the whole saga.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear but not a complete dismissal either

Just now, AUFightingSoldiers said:

That will depend on the hire. 

Me personally, I believe that Gus is a really good man and hate it for him, but Auburn needs to move on. Hiring a mediocre coach wouldnt be the way to move on lol.

Yeah, after the horrors of this year (job wise) I do feel bad but he is getting $21M and likely has a studio job waiting for him.

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Hearing from some other sources that Malzahn has been let go but they are working through the final payments.  This is in questions because they are saying they don't owe him as much since they are firing him for lack of performance.

If that's a loophole then he owes Auburn money from the past 7 years. 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

If this happens how do Gus apologists react?

They will say that they are fully behind the new coach and it is time to move on.  I doubt they will say much more than that about Gus.

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Over / under 20 pages by midnight ?

Hell Bunker is near 20 on their thread on it now & they have 40 posts per page.

Hell Bunker is near 20 on their thread on it now & they have 40 posts per page.

Oh yeah?! Well, I'm already out of reactions so take that Bunker!

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Not exactly what I wanted to hear but not a complete dismissal either

@ZeekSays the timing is off for it to happen now/today. I get the impression he thinks it will happen soon though.

Just now, WinstonMcFlurry said:

Wish had extraneous money to spend on paid message boards

I do have a few bucks, so I believe I will. I had one for 24/7 but the basketball coverage wouldn't cover a rats butthole, so I canceled it. I think I'll get one for the next few days

Really tempted to get a one month sub to the Bunker. Bunch of topics over there. Nothing on 247 yet.

What's wild is reading that some big money people's opinion om Malzahn was actually affected by the "solid" comment. Like, they needed him to EXPLICITLY SAY what he demonstrates on the field every week. Our booster must not have been paying much attention the last 7 seasons.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

What's wild is reading that some big money people's opinion om Malzahn was actually affected by the "solid" comment. Like, they needed him to EXPLICITLY SAY what he demonstrates on the field every week. Our booster must not have been paying much attention the last 7 seasons.

They must all be lawyers or something. Results on the field aren't substantial enough. It needs to be in print with intent! 

Just now, AUght2win said:

What's a shock is before the comments supposedly the number of Big Money neutrals outnumbered the Big Money Fire Gus-ers. Not sure what the landscape is now though. It sounds like a lot of big money people don't care about football which WDE has been telling us for a while.

Visually speaking, and moderation wise, other forums are absolute a%$ compared to this one

What's a shock is before the comments supposedly the number of Big Money neutrals outnumbered the Big Money Fire Gus-ers. Not sure what the landscape is now though. It sounds like a lot of big money people don't care about football which WDE has been telling us for a while.

I am speaking totally out of my depth but with football being such a huge money-making mechanism for the school, couldn't they borrow a loan from a bank or go the route other big businesses would for a big project? 16 mill is big bucks to a person, but it's chump change to a major university's budget. It's strange we NEED these boosters' money. 

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

More JABA that that would be the case for us. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Visually speaking, and moderation wise, other forums are absolute a%$ compared to this one

Me irl - GIF on Imgur

Just now, ellitor said:

Me irl - GIF on Imgur

Haha it's true. If people think this place is toxic they haven't been on other forums.

Just now, Zeek said:

Haha it's true. If people think this place is toxic they haven't been on other forums.

Ohhh yes. Spend 15 minutes on Rant...

Archived