Mississippi State score predictions

Win4AU

Auburn 27- Miss State 21

tough game on the road.  Miss State has a good D and their offense has looked better against UGA and Ole Miss the past couple weeks.  Tank being closer to 100% will be big.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn - 28

Clangers - 27

Miss state scores late and fails to convert a 2pt attempt to win the game. Chaos ensues in the Auburn blogosphere. 

18 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Msu is bad. I say AU somehow wins. 

We all said the same thing before USCe...

it is on the road. o line and running backs banged up.same with our better secondary players. gus threw his arm out because he got his boom and whirly bird confused. but deep down he knows if he loses three in a row he is toast so we make it close but no cigar. we are doomed. i kid.we win one in a close one. not sure if those guys have any kind of defense.

Malzahn's job is on the line now more than ever, which in the past would mean he'd get a "W"; however, I'm not sure if he has the players hearts like he did once before under similar circumstances. I still think Auburn wins.

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

30-20 pups

Im with you.  Miss St wants to win.  We are playing uninspired ball and dont care.  I wouldnt be surprised if we lose by 3 scores.

I just don't see the fire in this team to rally back and win. We made Texas A&M look better than they are and they OWNED us in controlling the ball for most of the game. We only had 4 drives longer than a minute and two of those ended in field goals. Defense has quit on us, or Steele has lost his touch, or we were ill prepared for the amount of guys we lost to the NFL last year on that side of the ball.

We don't have enough good corners to shut down the Air Raid and if we get in a mismatch Tutt and Smoke get burned on deep routes (I know Tutt is injured).

We're on the road, they put up 24 against UGA, and their defense has allowed similar points to ours.

If you're looking at record and talent we should win... but I think we don't

Mississippi State 31 - Auburn 24

We finish the season without ever having found our offensive identity.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

34-24 MSU

They've quietly gotten better over the past two games.

Leach and his staff deserve a lot of praise of how they've turned things around. After that ass kicking they received in Lexington it sure looked like they would probably lose out and this experiment could end after one year. They only have two wins, but they look much better than they did in October. Kudos to them. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

We all said the same thing before USCe...

True but Gus is on the ropes now. You can tell because everything that comes out of his mouth is I can’t wait for next year. We will be better. That is a sign of desperation. If we lose this game I think he is fired

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

True but Gus is on the ropes now. You can tell because everything that comes out of his mouth is I can’t wait for next year. We will be better. That is a sign of desperation. If we lose this game I think he is fired

He actually says that same crap literally every single year, but I agree he is really feeling the heat now. I think the “solid season” remark was the moment things really swung.

We cannot stop a passing attack and everyone knows it. Leach will probably throw it 50+ times Saturday and we cannot match anyone score for score, especially when Bo isn’t playing at home.

38-27 pups win and the final nail gets driven into the Gus era’s coffin at Auburn.

41-38. MSU will have 600 yards against our woefully weak Defense, but we somehow squeak out a win. For some reason I think Gus  finally gets it through his thick skull this week that we can't punt away on 4th and 1 and expect our Defense to get a stop. If we can't make a 4th and 1 we don't deserve to win.  We give our team the best chance to win by taking some calculated risks. We need to work on that this week but I doubt if we do.

Archived