Mississippi State score predictions

Win4AU

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

I just don't see the fire in this team to rally back and win. We made Texas A&M look better than they are and they OWNED us in controlling the ball for most of the game. We only had 4 drives longer than a minute and two of those ended in field goals. Defense has quit on us, or Steele has lost his touch, or we were ill prepared for the amount of guys we lost to the NFL last year on that side of the ball.

We don't have enough good corners to shut down the Air Raid and if we get in a mismatch Tutt and Smoke get burned on deep routes (I know Tutt is injured).

We're on the road, they put up 24 against UGA, and their defense has allowed similar points to ours.

If you're looking at record and talent we should win... but I think we don't

Mississippi State 31 - Auburn 24

We finish the season without ever having found our offensive identity.

Yes. I know CKS likes to play bump and run but I hope he really changes things up a bit. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid it's going to be a long day in Starkville for our boys from the plains. Moo's 28-Plainsmen 24.

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes. I know CKS likes to play bump and run but I hope he really changes things up a bit. 

He has to or we'll look just like LSU did in game 1

45 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He has to or we'll look just like LSU did in game 1

I don’t think we have the talent to play bump n run all game and I think this season has shown it to be obvious. I would much rather keep everything in front of us and pray that our line steps up and forces the the QB into bad situations. I just rather us not give up quick scores. Plus LSU gives up 300 yards passing a game. They are dead last in the sec lol.  But I will defer to your expertise.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I don’t think we have the talent to play bump n run all game and I think this season has shown it to be obvious

We recruit man corners that have only really ever played man at AU. Defending the air raid requires zone. That has the potential to be a big problem. 

Here's an article describing the differences between man and zone DBs and the different responsibilities of the two coverage schemes.

https://pigskinnut.com/zone-vs-man-corners/

Smoke, Tutt, and the LBs have been very suspect in coverage this year. To me, they could be exposed even more on Saturday.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

We recruit man corners that have only really ever played man at AU. Defending the air raid requires zone. That has the potential to be a big problem. 

Here's an article describing the differences between man and zone DBs and the different responsibilities of the two coverage schemes.

Smoke, Tutt, and the LBs have been very suspect in coverage this year. To me, they could be exposed even more on Saturday.

Thanks for the explanation. Will be sure to read the link as well. 

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Thanks for the explanation. Will be sure to read the link as well. 

Anytime. It's a nice, easy breakdown.

1 hour ago, Hspoprn said:

Miss. State by 10 points. 

I'm not generally a betting man, but if you are serious about that and wanna put some money on it, I will make an exception. 😁

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Hope they play well. I sure as heck don't wanna see a repeat of LSU's opener against Moo State when it seemed as if the secondary was playing "follow the leader" with MSU's receivers. That was...something.

Ugh! Moo State by 6. I hope I am wrong .... but I've been right on all the others (not on points, but on outcome).

Honestly, I think we win this one convincingly. The teams that have beat us have been able to possess the ball and run it down our throat, which may be the reason our offense has looked so inconsistent (not getting in rhythm because they are sidelined so much). I know they have a good running back, but that's just not how Leach operates. He will want to go tempo, and he'll sling it a lot. I think they keep it scary close in the first half, but we blow them out in the second.

No score prediction, but I will predict a 2.5-3 TD victory. 

On 12/9/2020 at 7:09 AM, woodford said:

But we really win because he’s fired the next day

That would be great if it happens.  But I doubt it will happen.  PTB will hang on to him one more year.

1 hour ago, auskip07 said:

i predict this will be malzhans last game....  interesting note  his first game at auburn was against mike leach. 

Yep, and he needed a special teams score to hold him off then. 

1 hour ago, AUFlyer99 said:

We’ll probably sell out to stop the run....

Oh yeah, First play we'll be in a 5-2 playing press man and run a double corner blitz.

3 minutes ago, Howard Roark said:

MSU's defense is actually pretty good but MSU does not run the ball.  As a result I expect a low scoring game, baring a rash of turnovers.  Bo is bad on the road, so I say 20-13 MSU.  

I can also see long, time consuming dink and dunk drives that limit our opportunities.

4 hours ago, countoff said:

That would be great if it happens.  But I doubt it will happen.  PTB will hang on to him one more year.

The way AUFamily is going right now....

If he isn't fired after losing to Miss St, they need to replace the sites banner from Bo to a nuclear explosion.

2 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

The way AUFamily is going right now....

If he isn't fired after losing to Miss St, they need to replace the sites banner from Bo to a nuclear explosion.

i wish you could wipe your face............

Archived