Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Pate mentioning that some boosters like James Franklin made me retract my opinion on getting MC quite a bit 

that would be just insane if we could pull off lol

You rather have CJF or CMC?

29 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I got you 5, just in case. Went ahead an picked up a large Dr Pepper Icee for the road. Oh, and some pickled quail eggs for snacking on later. Looks like it’s gonna be a long day.

Also picked up one of these bad boys in case @augolf1716shows up.

FFD08421-E58A-471F-AB8C-E69BFD244F14.jpeg

Please tell me that "family pack" (lol) is/was a real thing.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Here’s the kicker here. Why would he be following 12th yr Sr Eli Stove?

4 more years 4 more years 4 more years!

Just now, fredst said:

I heard the Mario just started following Reese’s miniatures and fun size Snickers on Twitter. Obviously it’s all coming together now

He is obviously a man of taste

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Here’s the kicker here. Why would he be following 12yr Sr Eli Stove?

Because he's going to be 13 year senior Stove next year. 

6 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

I take it back. I just noticed he followed Eric Wilson, the GT from Harvard. Don’t think Oregon had interest in him before. Also, he wasn’t following Seth Williams 15 minutes ago when I checked. And now he is..... I’m trying not to get my hopes up haha

Let me know when he is following Tank. 

I really don’t wanna get my hopes up... but why would he follow a bunch of Auburn players for no reason? He doesn’t seem like the type of guy to troll. And it would also be pretty tasteless to do that to the guys who just lost their coach 

1 minute ago, fredst said:

I heard the Mario just started following Reese’s miniatures and fun size Snickers on Twitter. Obviously it’s all coming together now

4D chess

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Bring on the Cuban Commander to the Plains!!!!

Pardon my lack of knowledge but would he be the first non-white head coach in Auburn's history? 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Here’s the kicker here. Why would he be following 12th yr Sr Eli Stove?

Damn, I wish Stove would stick around just so he’d get one year of good coaching. That dude has worked his ass off and deserves that from Auburn

Damn, I wish Stove would stick around just so he’d get one year of good coaching. That dude has worked his ass off and deserves that from Auburn

Amen to that!

14 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Source? Everything I've seen says that the players aren't especially happy about him getting fired. 

People connected to the program have talked about it numerous times and I have brought it over from what I’ve read it from people connected to the program.

Yep. I knew he was bound for greatness. His mother sold my wife a Coach Purse the summer before his FR year....great woman...great family...Great Auburn man

2 minutes ago, aubie17 said:

Let me know when he is following Tank. 

I don't do much twitter, but I just did some searching and his mom is following Cristobal...and she only follows 51 people

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Because he's going to be 13 year senior Stove next year. 

We purchased the extended service plan on Stove. 

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

You rather have CJF or CMC?

James to me would be the best COACH we could get. Hugh had that title, but James's defenses at Penn St schematically impress me more than what Freeze allowed at OM. Aside from coaching, way more culturally acceptable amongst the boards than Hugh.

And I also think he and his staffs are comparable enough (and young enough) to Mario's, in terms of recruiting value. I think that would be the A+ hire, while MC wavers between A- to B+ for me. Not saying I wouldn't be satisfied with MC btw

Archived