Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Shadow tells it like it is. Love him or hate him, the son of a gun is right like 99% of the time. Shadow don’t take no sh*t!!!

Yeah, but Shadow was all up Gus's butt before they hired him and He was all aboard the Chad Morris train,too

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Let me just say if it is KS I am going to blast all you never Gusers until they kick me off the board.

Why? Just because TPB may be incompetent doesn't change the fact that it was time for AU to part ways with Gus. Of course they could blunder the firing...I don't think anyone ever said they couldn't...but accepting mediocrity from a coach that had proven he wasn't capable of lifting the program to new heights is not for me.

I am so sick of this argument...."Oh I hope ya'll are happy...we should have shut up and kept Gus"

12 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Is your church league bball team the "White Terriers?"

No, we used to have Upward Christian B-ball Leagues but now I’ve been helping at Lindsay Lane Baptist in Athens, Alabama. Although we canceled this year.

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t know if he would, though. Coaches don’t leave Auburn. In fact they normally stick around and hang out even after they’re not the coach. What antics? His only antics are being the polar opposite of Gus personality wise. One of the best play callers and QB developers in the game. Dude turned Jake Coker and Blake Sims into serviceable winning QB’s.

Other than the obvious hilarity that would ensue given his propensity to poke the rivals, Kiffin is a heck of a passing game coordinator. He made WR's and TE's into legit weapons in that offense when he arrived, and they still are after he left. 

1 minute ago, Zinzan said:

Mario C likes to keep it clean

Goin' to shine like a sunbeam

Keep on rapping, cause that's my dream

We all full of doom and gloom,

PTB are in the room, 

Wallets out, without a doubt, 

Mario is coming soon. 
😮 😳 😮!!!!!

word to ya mother

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Not naming names here...but all anybody from Texas does is talk about how awesome Texas is.

They sound pretty damn smart to me. 😁

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

No, we used to have Upward Christian B-ball Leagues but now I’ve been helping at Lindsay Lane Baptist in Athens, Alabama. Although we canceled this year.

Have all Upward leagues been cancelled this year?  I've designed a few indoor basketball gyms for Baptist churches I do work with.

Not naming names here...but all anybody from Texas does is talk about how awesome Texas is.

You ever had beef ribs?

IMG_20200614_152126.jpg

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

We all full of doom and gloom,

PTB are in the room, 

Wallets out, without a doubt, 

Mario is coming soon. 
😮 😳 😮!!!!!

word to ya mother

Mario will come here just for the haikus

Just now, AUDevil said:

Have all Upward leagues been cancelled this year?  I've designed a few indoor basketball gyms for Baptist churches I do work with.

I think so. It came down from the league nation wide I think. We might have a camp in the spring depending on Covid-19 

22 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Let me just say if it is KS I am going to blast all you never Gusers until they kick me off the board.

It was time for captain weirdo to go. okay?...Things were going south in a hurry

My church here in central Alabama is still having its upward league but it’s been a struggle to keep it going with kids having to quarantine from school which means they have to quarantine from basketball. 

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You ever had beef ribs?

IMG_20200614_152126.jpg

No, but will you send me some of those?

KS is a terrible, disgusting choice and if picked a prime example of how the selfish good ole boys ruin what should be a dominant top 10 program. People that care more about their own involvement than Auburn's success.

I can name 10 or 15 candidates I would want before KS. But Gus Malzahan isn't one of them. There was no upside to the continuation of Gus tenure.

22 minutes ago, bg5 said:

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

It’s like some of y’all have never been through a coaching change before 😂

I was 14 when Gus was hired and I knew Gus would be the guy before the “search committee” was formed. It’s window dressing, at most they’ll vet our guy and make sure things are in order. 

Auburn’s power boys are dumb sometimes but they’re not firing Gus and forking over 21 mil to sit on their hands with no idea what to do. 

Be patient, this stuff will work itself out. 

So now you're older, better educated and more mature than you were at 14.  Tell us right now (before the search committee gets cranked up) who will Auburn's next head coach? 

1 minute ago, keesler said:

So now you're older, better educated and more mature than you were at 14.  Tell us right now (before the search committee gets cranked up) who will Auburn's next head coach? 

Tony Franklin duh

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I don’t think the pac 12 cares what the SEC wants. I don’t either, to be honest 

Confused; my post doesn't say anything about the PAC 12.

I'll be happy with Kiffin or maybe  Napier, if I can find out why Dabo fired him. May be something, may be nothing. Dabo is not know for just firing coaches for no reason

Archived