Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Lol, I'll just be damn, that looks an awful lot like the one that I got

Also received the same automated email not even one minute after I emailed Mr. Harbert lol. They really do think we’re idiots... 

1 hour ago, Auctoritas said:

Not even just Korean. Food paradise is along Buford Hwy near CDC. You can get something from anywhere. If you're ever nearby, drop in at Gu's Kitchen at Buford hwy and Chamblee Tucker. Szechuan at its finest and the best fried fish I've ever had in my life.

Vietnamese, Venezuelan, Columbian, Salvadoran, Nepalese, dim sum, Ethiopian... I miss it so freaking much.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Vietnamese, Venezuelan, Columbian, Salvadoran, Nepalese, dim sum, Ethiopian... I miss it so freaking much.

I ate at Desta Ethiopia Kitchen the last time I was in Atlanta.

Holy smokes!

54 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Gundy's problem is his long track record of mediocrity.  I have 15 years of evidence.  With Dye, Bowden, or Tubs, you didn't have that long of a track record and could project more.

As for not hiring a coordinator, I give you Bob Stoops, Kirby Smart, and Dabo Swinney.  None were ever HCs before getting their gigs at Oklahoma, Georgia, or Clemson respectively.

There are tons of examples of guys with HC experience flaming out.  It's a bad reason to hire someone.

Coordinators are the exception.  Some translate, most don't.  

I look at this from the perspective of "show me what you've done at the position that I want to hire you", not, "I'm going to be your stepping stone".  Chizik, flameout #1, Malzahn, flameout #2.

The role models, that AU show follow in search for a hc with experience:  Bear Bryant, Nick Saban, Urban Meyers, Bobby Bowden, Mack Brown, etc., etc.  The likelihood of becoming a "flameout" is reduced if you already have the skillset at that position.  I don't see how you can say seeking a hc with hc experience is a "bad reason to hire someone."  I think just the opposite.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I can't wait for this COVID thing to blow over (I mean, also because of lots of other reason). But I work right there and lunches were always amazing. I can't wait to go back to Mamak (Malaysian street food) and have a nice fish curry.

I really am going to go to the All Things Considered section and do a food thread like the beer thread. Not just Atlanta, but there's been several posts here that have made me super hungry.

5 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

As a newbie, 151 plus pages a good thread?

Well, when we get to 200, that means the recruit will not sign with us. So...if we want MC, then we need to lock this puppy at 199.

26 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It's a fallacy you're buying into.

Tell you what, let all AU fans stop buying merch, attending games, and watching all AU-related content. We'll see if Harbert and the gang really contribute a larger piece of the pie.

There's a reason all these athletic departments are freaking out. It isn't because the big money donors stopped donating. It's because 100s of thousands of fans couldn't attend games this year. The fans support the program, and the donors compliment it. Not the other way around.

The fans did not attend because they could not. If they could have they would have. I mean you can’t let fans run things. Maybe we should allow fans to choose the coach, sounds great. While we are at it maybe we should give every ticket, jersey, license plate the right to call plays, decide to go for it on 4th down, who should start at right tackle, what offensive/defensive strategy the team should run. All with zero accountability, what are you willing to put on the line if does not work? I know it’s hard but sometimes we have to relax and let things play out and not start to eat our own. I may not like Steele becoming head coach but I sure as hell ain’t gonna stop watching Auburn football or supporting those kids that put on that jersey if he gets the gig. 

My honest opinion and this isn’t means to get political but I think we will look hard at a younger minority candidate. Will not have HC experience and could possibly be a position coach. Would keep a large majority of the staff in place.

42 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Screenshot_20201216-175632_Twitter.jpg

Update, Freeze deleted the "good" tweet. For a moment Auburn Twitter was united.

9 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Well, when we get to 200, that means the recruit will not sign with us. So...if we want MC, then we need to lock this puppy at 199.

RIP Seastrunk 

Just now, JMassie11 said:

My honest opinion and this isn’t means to get political but I think we will look hard at a younger minority candidate. Will not have HC experience and could possibly be a position coach. Would keep a large majority of the staff in place.

Not what I've been told but who knows tifwiw 

31 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Also received the same automated email not even one minute after I emailed Mr. Harbert lol. They really do think we’re idiots... 

Well in his defense there is some really low hanging fruit In this forum.

16 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I ate at Desta Ethiopia Kitchen the last time I was in Atlanta.

Holy smokes!

Ugh, Desta is so great. It's like the fun, hip Ethiopian place and the staff is so dang friendly. Although we got treated very well at all the Ethiopian places.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

SEC Recruiting Rankings

#1 Alabama

#3 LSU (THREE WITH THAT DUMPSTER FIRE IDGAF ABOUT THEIR NATTY THREEEEEE?!)

#4 Georgia

#8 Florida

#14 Texas A&M

#15 Tennessee (PRUITT IS ALL BUT GONE AND THEY DON'T EVEN WIN?!!?)

#18 Ole Miss (KIFFIN'S FIRST YEAR)

#20 Arkansas (FRIGGEN ARKY)

#26 Missouri

#36 Mississippi State (LMAO)

#38 Kentucky

#46 Auburn

#47 Vanderbilt (NO WIN VANDY IS ONE SPOT BEHIND US WOOO)

#106 South Carolina...

WE GOT THE SEC RIGHT WHERE WE WANT EM

Saw on the local news where ESPN has AU class at #24. Not bad for the circumstances.

Archived