Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Zeek said:

If I'm here (on this forum) another 5+ years that would be awesome. That would be almost half my life from my original account (made in 2010/11ish).

Since joining this forum I've graduated high school, broke up with a girl, dated a girl, broke up with a girl, dated one, graduated college, bought a house, got married, have been working in my career, sold a house and bought a bigger one, and now we're having a kid come May. Feels like I've been here forever lol.

Man a divorce or two and you’ll be all set. 😂

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

On a side note, I saw Bo Didley

live at City Stages one year.He put on an awesome show 👍 His version of “I’m a Man” is a classic..

”Hey Bo Diddley” is a great song as well.. Carry on with the levity sir..😆

So far my levity has gotten me called Troll, lurch and numbskull.😆

I will (Steele) watch Auburn every Saturday regardless. 😂

2 minutes ago, musicitytiger said:

If it goes past this weekend, are we essentially writing off this year’s recruiting class?  Sure would be nice to get some o linemen

Nah, anyone who didn't sign today goes all the way to February. It won't be a great class but it'll be sustainable. 

2 minutes ago, musicitytiger said:

If it goes past this weekend, are we essentially writing off this year’s recruiting class?  Sure would be nice to get some o linemen

No

1 minute ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Lane Train still in the station? I’d be happy with a few people at this point. Fickell, Kiffin, Napier, Cristobal but doing this when we did it really screwed early signing period.

At this point I’d be happy with Lane or Cristobal. Napier Maybe, sarks not happening for good reason and the only other candidate I would consider on the board is maybe Nick Saban. He’s just not got the history for me to get excited about though. 

47 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

The fans did not attend because they could not. If they could have they would have. I mean you can’t let fans run things. Maybe we should allow fans to choose the coach, sounds great. While we are at it maybe we should give every ticket, jersey, license plate the right to call plays, decide to go for it on 4th down, who should start at right tackle, what offensive/defensive strategy the team should run. 

Bro, what? So you think the big money boosters should be influencing play calls and roster decisions??? That's the direct rebuttal you're making to my argument - that big money guys shouldn't have more say in Auburn football than the average fan.

Either you are very confused or you are actually Jimmy Rane.

Ultimately, when all is said and done, the fans DO decide the head coach. Because the fanbase, as a whole, is almost the entirety of the pie in terms of revenue.

Again, give the athletic department a hypothetical choice - you can either have the big donor's money or the entirety of the fanbase's money, but not both. That small group of donors pales in comparison. So why are they leading this thing?

3 minutes ago, AUscw2011 said:

At this point I’d be happy with Lane or Cristobal. Napier Maybe, sarks not happening for good reason and the only other candidate I would consider on the board is maybe Nick Saban. He’s just not got the history for me to get excited about though. 

Heck no to Saban! 

He lost to Gus.🙄

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

The fans did not attend because they could not. If they could have they would have. I mean you can’t let fans run things. Maybe we should allow fans to choose the coach, sounds great. While we are at it maybe we should give every ticket, jersey, license plate the right to call plays, decide to go for it on 4th down, who should start at right tackle, what offensive/defensive strategy the team should run. All with zero accountability, what are you willing to put on the line if does not work? I know it’s hard but sometimes we have to relax and let things play out and not start to eat our own. I may not like Steele becoming head coach but I sure as hell ain’t gonna stop watching Auburn football or supporting those kids that put on that jersey if he gets the gig. 

Reading this over and over and still can't figure out what you mean. "Accountability"? "What am I willing to put on the line?"

Are you genuinely making the argument that power brokers deserve to choose the head coach?

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

88 is a good guy. He's been around a while, just not very active lately. He used to have a contact or two, but I'm not sure if he still does. Just a little FYI.

Ditto

Just now, augolf1716 said:

88 is good I know he like me more then bird so he has that going for him

Don't put me in between y'all two I learned not to do that 😂😂

20 minutes ago, AUscw2011 said:

I’m guessing you didn’t read the whole reply to understand the sarcasm. 

You guessed wrong. I understood it perfectly, hence I returned the sarcasm. 

Archived