Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I would ban the hell out of that dude for that post if I could

I'm hoping it was just some sarcasm haha

I don't think Steele would be a massive failure as a coach, but us stomaching the past 7 years just to end up with him would be 

Maybe the committee is smart because it's worked for me, we could hire a position coach from North Alabama and I'd be happy as long as we don't hire Steele

15 minutes ago, Bo Didley said:

Oregon is a pretty awesome place. The entire pacific NW is gorgeous. How did he end up in Eugene?

Just stay away from downtown Portland.

4 minutes ago, tigerchris said:

Could this beat the seastrunk thread ???

I wasn’t here for that but I would like to hear what the final count was on that post. I’ve heard about it quite a bit. Lol

4 minutes ago, tigerchris said:

Could this beat the seastrunk thread ???

Man those were fun times . Three threads consumed me 

seastrunk, lattimore, and dyer. Those were fun times in recruiting . Now we’re are lucky to be in the top 50 lol

17 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I don't even know what that style ''stache is called,  but If we get Mario and  "stache" comes with him,  I will grow that mustache for football season. 

The 'stache looks like a lot of maintenance. You grow the 'stache and I will get my hair cut like that.

12 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Keeping any of the staff together is the problem. 

Really? Disagree respectfully.. defensive struggled this year but we lost marlon and Derrick so I see why. Wish we could get a few more dline recruits but I’m please with the defensive staff overall

This just can’t happen... we need a fresh new outsider... the last hire that was an outsider was Tuberville from Ole Miss. Go get Kiffin! 

If it’s Steele I am done caring. I already care less than I used to. No more JABA. We need MAGA. Make Auburn Great Again 

56 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Reading this over and over and still can't figure out what you mean. "Accountability"? "What am I willing to put on the line?"

Are you genuinely making the argument that power brokers deserve to choose the head coach?

No it should be the AD but he is just a financial analyst masquerading as an AD.

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No it ain’t 

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I would ban the hell out of that dude for that post if I could

@cole256 @Dual-Threat Rigby

I guess my sarcasm is hard to pick up on. I was just lighting the mood. I have seen the PTB jack this up a few times as have you and I have become synical about the process. I would rather have a little fun as to sound like I am on the search committee and my opinion matters. 

Whoever is named the coach I will be loyal! Loyalty = “ love the one your with”! I’m an Auburn fan regardless. If it’s STEELE then by god I will be loyal ! I have been loyal to 3 different commanders in chief and numerous other organizational leaders over the course of 21 years. Being loyal to a Saturday past time is too easy. War Eagle and let’s hope there really was a plan before they fired Gus! Until then cheers and merry Christmas! 

41 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Can Mario Cristobal bring this guy with him? 

ALQG353QQFFH3ENZFQRVNSKA3I.jpeg

That's their strength coach. I believe he's actually from Alabama, so I'd bet he would bring him along. 

35 minutes ago, JTFazz said:

The 'stache looks like a lot of maintenance. You grow the 'stache and I will get my hair cut like that.

LOL.  I'd do the hair too but my hair wont do that.   I mean... I could do the gray sides,  but my hair is clear on the top now.  Most people don't notice because I do a great combover with my long, old man eyebrows.

Archived