Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

The defense couldn't get off the field against Florida or Minnesota with Derrick and Marlon. The current staff is good. But not worth undermining the the next head coach over. Steeles direct relationship with the BOT is an issue for a new outsider head coach trying to change the culture. And that is what the program needs.

54 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Really? Disagree respectfully.. defensive struggled this year but we lost marlon and Derrick so I see why. Wish we could get a few more dline recruits but I’m please with the defensive staff overall

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Vietnamese, Venezuelan, Columbian, Salvadoran, Nepalese, dim sum, Ethiopian... I miss it so freaking much.

There is a place in Buford that does Buffalo Burgers. The name escapes me, but everything there is good. 

1 hour ago, AUscw2011 said:

It’s a done deal. Cristobal signs Sunday with a presser at 2 pm. 

FE535EEB-B222-4C82-99B0-BF96819A9F6E.png

Dang man. You just joined on Sunday and you already been hit with the language flag. Coming in hot!

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Damn man. You just joined on Sunday and you already been hit with the language flag. Coming in hot!

All the crap I’ve said on this forum and I’ve never been hit with a warning point. Sheesh, I’m surprised. New guys got it tough

1 hour ago, AUscw2011 said:

Word around town is if that rep score hits double digits before the end of the night. MC won’t sign that extension. 

D0FF77C1-7616-43E2-8A4B-8ABEFBF10D70.png

You and me both, man.

7 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

posting this from a Reddit thread:

Why would you fire Gus and pay that buyout to not have it all worked out already? Could they not wait a week to get confirmation from MC? Sounds like he just benefited from us fools. If we land Sark it will be nice watching a pro offense again and I believe he is a top hire if he can stay straight. I don’t think any coach named is a huge improvement over Gus.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

All the crap I’ve said on this forum and I’ve never been hit with a warning point. Sheesh, I’m surprised. New guys got it tough

I got hit because a word wasn't auto censored and I had no clue it wasn't.  Ever since I type the ** out instead

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I got hit because a word wasn't auto censored and I had no clue it wasn't.  Ever since I type the ** out instead

Oh and I got another one because I made an observation I kind of think has some merit but I didn't word well so it got out of hand lol. 

5 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Why would you fire Gus and pay that buyout to not have it all worked out already? Could they not wait a week to get confirmation from MC? Sounds like he just benefited from us fools. If we land Sark it will be nice watching a pro offense again and I believe he is a top hire if he can stay straight. I don’t think any coach named is a huge improvement over Gus.

Had UW not had Covid this may all be a different story. That one little change threw everything for a loop. Based on everything that was said, I think we already have our HC had everything gone on as planned

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Been here 10 years been warned twice, by the same admin. One for language back in 15, one for calling out an admin on hypocrisy. It is what it is. At the end of the day we’re all just a bunch of dudes behind a keyboard. Try not to let things on here bother me. 

11 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I know. Just hire the man and move on. I’m getting tired of waiting on it all. Haha. 

28 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

posting this from a Reddit thread:

That sounds like someone gathered up all the message board rumors and put them into one post to say it’s their source. And their name is CreamOnCommand.... 

6 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I know. Just hire the man and move on. I’m getting tired of waiting on it all. Haha. 

The thing is I wouldn't feel so impatient if it weren't mixed in with all this recruiting and transfers making me anxious.

1 hour ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Really? Disagree respectfully.. defensive struggled this year but we lost marlon and Derrick so I see why. Wish we could get a few more dline recruits but I’m please with the defensive staff overall

Man the culture has to change. Drastically. Full enema. It wasn't all bad but we need a totally fresh start and an attitude change.

5 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

That sounds like someone gathered up all the message board rumors and put them into one post to say it’s their source. And their name is CreamOnCommand.... 

Yeah. first the guy says, "Raymond Harbert paid Gus’s buyout in full.". Then he says, "Harbert wasn’t the only one who paid the buyout.".  Which is it?

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

If I'm here (on this forum) another 5+ years that would be awesome. That would be almost half my life from my original account (made in 2010/11ish).

Since joining this forum I've graduated high school, broke up with a girl, dated a girl, broke up with a girl, dated one, graduated college, bought a house, got married, have been working in my career, sold a house and bought a bigger one, and now we're having a kid come May. Feels like I've been here forever lol.

Damn. All I’ve done is gotten older, watch my little girls turn into women, watched us win the natty I’d waited a lifetime for then of course rapidly sink into the abyss, and subsequently gotten grouchier about Auburn football. Another 30 years and I’ll almost be half as old as @augolf1716 . Where does the time go?

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

It helps him...😂

#notourmoney

A Steele run team with a competent OC is by far better than what we've suffered with the past 6 years. That's not me saying he's going to be the hire.

I agree. It's just that... I'm pretty sure Steele isn't going to be sought after for a while. Why don't we actually try for other candidates and have Steele chosen as the last resort? He's in no danger of being plucked, lol

14 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

I agree. It's just that... I'm pretty sure Steele isn't going to be sought after for a while. Why don't we actually try for other candidates and have Steele chosen as the last resort? He's in no danger of being plucked, lol

This is Auburn, we'll lock him down with a $10M/10 year contract without deference to supply and demand.

15 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

DO NOT LET ANYONE tell you or anyone in here differently. AUBURN IS A GREAT JOB!!! A GREAT JOB!!! Average coaches have great success here even if it is fleeting. Until recently we have had a top 10 class every season in recruiting since 09 which was Chizik's first full class. You can win at Auburn man. We are right smack dab in the middle of a recruiting hot bed.  Unfortunately the people that make all the big decisions surrounding Auburn football rather have a dude they can control who gives them unlimited access to the program than hand the keys over to someone who can build a great program for SUSTAINED success. The reason for all the highest of highs and really low low's is the people in charge..... They continue to make these underwhelming hires and what do you know?! Look where we are now. Geez I wonder why that could be...

Archived