Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Hmm, he's still behind Shaw and Kyle Wittingham. Potential to move up but that's not what I expected.

I sure hope we low balled them. 

I don't.  We need to go Godfather here.

tenor (1).gif

28 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Wonder if he’ll sign it 🤔🤔🤔

Anything that lends to confidence that this reporter has any more accurate information than all the other stuff that has been shared the last few days? 

10 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

Yup, and everything is going great so far!

Gus was fired Sunday. Its Wednesday.  Well now Thursdays technically. Clam down.

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Well we could say this for all QB's then but I can accurately evaluate what I see and I'm going to do it, like I do every other person

You are most definitely right. That said, would you say we have been able to accurately evaluate anyone other than physical rarities like Derrick Brown and Nick Marshall? To me pretty much every other player post 2013 was underutilized...maybe KJ but in 8 years we have seen many more underperforming on the field. Seth Williams could of been a 1st round pick if he went to Bama. 

10 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I agree that his name even being involved is an embarrassment. However this ain’t about the embarrassment. It’s about the players turning against the fans for talking down on a coach who really ain’t done nothing. It’s unrealistic to hope he’d pull himself out of the race. He probably believes he’d be a good candidate

Then #StopSteele it is

2 minutes ago, aubie17 said:

Anything that lends to confidence that this reporter has any more accurate information than all the other stuff that has been shared the last few days? 

There were multiple reporters reporting these numbers, but I’m not familiar with any of them or sure of any of their credibility. As far as Crepea goes, I wasn’t a fan of his when he reported for AU. Maybe he meshes better with the culture up north. 

5 minutes ago, aubie17 said:

He put his name on it in print.  This isn't a rumor mill report.  As much as a lot of people didn't like Crepea when he covered AU, he's not just going to put this out without being confident in it's accuracy.

4 minutes ago, aubie17 said:

That would be third best in the pac 12 by the way. Like many have said Phil Knight is not gonna spend a lot of money for a coach. I really hope Auburn has offered more because they can

Cristobal is ripe for the taking to bring him back to the Southeast! Plus he’s gotta be frustrated with the way PAC 12 has handled the season. Auburn can beat what Oregon is offering easily... 

If Auburn screws this up and hires Steele everyone is going to start missing Malzahn. 💩

1 minute ago, TigerTaz said:

Cristobal is ripe for the taking to bring him back to the Southeast! Plus he’s gotta be frustrated with the way PAC 12 has handled the season. Auburn can beat what Oregon is offering easily... 

If Auburn screws this up and hires Steele everyone is going to start missing Malzahn. 💩

On God I will be done with Auburn football 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

He put his name on it in print.  This isn't a rumor mill report.  As much as a lot of people didn't like Crepea when he covered AU, he's not just going to put this out without being confident in it's accuracy.

It's also very specific information. Most likely accurate. 

I think Oregon has probably put together their best offer. They are seeking approval to counter with this. They are constrained by COVID budget issues and staying in family with PAC12 salaries (member schools aren't interested in inflating salaries by $3M each). Sounds like it will be up to MC, but this feels like moderately good news for us. 

26 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Crapea?!? Oh yeah he covers the ducks now. 

Don't miss that guy

Me either. Was ecstatic when he left auburn until I found out where he went. Luckily the Ducks are the big brother program so he isnt such a see you next Tuesday if you know whay I mean

2 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

I think Oregon has probably put together their best offer. They are seeking approval to counter with this. They are constrained by COVID budget issues and staying in family with PAC12 salaries (member schools aren't interested in inflating salaries by $3M each). Sounds like it will be up to MC, but this feels like moderately good news for us. 

And Crepa KNOWS it

4 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Man I hope you’re right but I feel like creepy wouldn’t be gloating about it if it was. He hates Auburn 

6 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Man I hope you’re right but I feel like creepy wouldn’t be gloating about it if it was. He hates Auburn 

The easy choice for MC is to stay obviously, so it may work out that way. I have a hard time believing that they are beating us on the numbers now though. They even took away most incentive bonuses and put in a 15% pandemic reduction clause.

22 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Yep.  If it comes down to money, we're good.

It all really depends on what he values now.

Does he want less money but also less pressure, better facilities, and the chance to be the dominant Pac 12 program?

Or does he want more cash but also more pressure, a better recruiting base, and the chance to dethrone arguably the best ever?

I'm a competitive guy, but man, option A isn't a bad choice.  I'd have a hard time leaving Oregon for the snake pit that is Auburn football.  Even for an extra $2.5M per year.  It's been proven already that Oregon can compete for a national title.  If that's his ultimate goal, I don't know why he would leave other than money.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yep.  If it comes down to money, we're good.

It all really depends on what he values now.

Does he want less money but also less pressure, better facilities, and the chance to be the dominant Pac 12 program?

Or does he want more cash but also more pressure, a better recruiting base, and the chance to dethrone arguably the best ever?

I'm a competitive guy, but man, option A isn't a bad choice.  I'd have a hard time leaving Oregon for the snake pit that is Auburn football.  Even for an extra $2.5M per year.  It's been proven already that Oregon can compete for a national title.  If that's his ultimate goal, I don't know why he would leave other than money.

Because of that other stuff you said

So tomorrow should go one of two ways that would give us a clear picture of where Mario stands...

1) somebody like Crepea or maybe even Oregon PR puts out a press release saying the contract extension is approved. No comment from MC bc he is busy trying to win a game.  Good for us

2) MC publicly thanks OU for the new contract.  Bad for us

We are just trying to make it to Saturday morning without MC talking about the OU contract extension

6 hours ago, Auburn Tiger said:

posting this from a Reddit thread:

Wait, what happened to Rane being in the MC court as was claimed by someone else? 

People really should not be allowed to have more dollars than sense. 

If MC is going to sign that pathetic extension then AU will unofficially leak their offer to save face. I know we heard 7.1 but they will truly let it leak. No way they let the fan base think they lowballed him. 

7 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

If Cristobal isn’t hired never use Ranes Yellawood ever again. And that creepy bastard Harbert.

Do you happen to represent a national development company that routinely builds 1,000 bed apartment complexes?

5 hours ago, aubie17 said:

I don't think he's making up the numbers. Let's take the numbers at face value. That's a very beatable offer for Auburn.

Also, go look at houses on Zillow in Eugene, Oregon money doesn't go near as far as it can in Auburn lol.

Archived