Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

I could get on board with him.

You can get on board with paying him 23 million dollars just to get him from IU? No 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Really wish we could pin this so everyone would see it 😂

What gets me is, other than the numbers being proposed to OUs BOT and that Auburn could match it.  NOTHING in here has been proved.

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Does anyone hate literally everything these two post??  

551EB861-FE5A-4874-8E19-0915DCD1B63A.jpeg

863473EC-91AC-4A4A-9A1B-BE8857F5AA44.jpeg

I didn’t know too much about this Brandon guy but I can see why a lot of people don’t like him. No objectify whatsoever 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You can get on board with paying him 23 million dollars just to get him from IU? No 

Honestly, unless it is Steele, we are most likely going to have to pay a lot of money to get a really good coach.  Either that or we take a risk on a coordinator at another school or a lower tier school HC.

1 minute ago, AUscw2011 said:

Would the new coach be on the sideline if we choose to accept a bowl?

Depends on the coach and their other obligations.  Every coach and situation is unique

Just now, abw0004 said:

Honestly, unless it is Steele, we are most likely going to have to pay a lot of money to get a really good coach.  Either that or we take a risk on a coordinator at another school or a lower tier school HC.

So why would you take him over the others? He would cost more than the others if this is correct 

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Does anyone hate literally everything these two post??  

551EB861-FE5A-4874-8E19-0915DCD1B63A.jpeg

863473EC-91AC-4A4A-9A1B-BE8857F5AA44.jpeg

100%. looking at a tweet fom yesterday the AU hire trend is disturbing  though.

Fire Tubs- Hire former DC- Fire Cizik- Hire His former OC. Fire Gus- if we hired Steele, that would be an absolutely horrible trend of hires, based on just that alone

Good thing about Crepea/Marcello is you know they are sharing the same info from an OU-admin biased perspective. 

Crepea is certainly feeling confident in his info. I still feel like this is Oregon's best offer and they are increasing the value proposition by making it a "board approved" final offer. Just hope MC doesn't publicly accept it or really discuss it in a definitive way before Sat. AM

1 minute ago, DAG said:

So why would you take him over the others? He would cost more than the others if this is correct 

Oh I didn't mean take him over others.  I just meant if Auburn chooses him I would be on board with that decision just like I would with the others mentioned.  I am approaching this search with my mantra, "Do it once and do it right."  If it costs more to get the right coach that will be a long-tenure, so be it.  It might be a larger cost upfront, but over a long period, it will be cheaper since we don't have to fire and hire again with another buyout.

Archived