Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Oregon Board of Trustees meeting is open to the public, FYI. Anybody plan to dial in?

https://trustees.uoregon.edu/meetings

Members of the media and public may listen to proceedings via teleconference by dialing 1-888-337-0215 and entering access code 6295684. Meeting materials will be available by clicking on the “Upcoming Meetings” button below.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a good friend that’s an IU grad. He just sent me this and said that the folks in and around Bloomington are panicking. Any chance we’re talking to Tom Allen? I haven’t read through the 100+ pages in this thread. 

5BED5E4D-8D19-4A8F-9287-A4950C0FBE90.jpeg

1 minute ago, BigSammyK said:

I have a good friend that’s an IU grad. He just sent me this and said that the folks in and around Bloomington are panicking. Any chance we’re talking to Tom Allen? I haven’t read through the 100+ pages in this thread. 

Doubtful with a $23M buyout

2 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

A couple of folks have addressed this earlier in the thread but his buyout is like 22 million so it would be shocking if it was him. 

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

🤮 Whether this is true or not is irrelevant. If we hire him I am done. I will always wonder if they really did this to Gus

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

giphy.gif

I have a hard time believing that they had a 3 year plan to undermine Malzahn for Steele... I mean.. Malzahn could have easily busted up that scenario by winning a couple more games this season.. 

Then again, maybe that is why Steele put a less than desirable gameplan together at times this season? Joking of course...

But if this is actually true... we've got major issues.

If any truth is in this 2-3 year plan to undermine Gus then I don't even want Steele to stay on as a DC for anyone IF he was aware. It's one thing if you don't get along with someone you work with but it's an entirely different thing to set them up. Hope that is not the case. 

Just now, gr82be said:

If any truth is in this 2-3 year plan to undermine Gus then I don't even want Steele to stay on as a DC for anyone. It's one thing if you don't get along with someone you work with but it's an entirely different thing to set them up. Hope that is not the case. 

If it is true, I want Steele gone too. I would have been ok with him staying if the new coach wanted him but if there is any truth, show him the door

I refuse to believe Steele is part of a mutiny plot. People surprise all the time, but his family background etc and he is a good Godly man. 

10 minutes ago, selias said:

Doubtful with a $23M buyout

How the heck does the coach at IU football have a $23 million buy out?  Seems strange.

10 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

So we’re to believe they continued paying Gus millions over the last 3 seasons, are paying more millions to fire him, to make KS the HC.  I’m not buying it!  It would’ve been much less expensive to fire Gus 3 years ago. This clown makes the BOT look like a room full of Einsteins!

Just now, kevon67 said:

Hmmmm lets see ......we have 1-800 hot girls .com and Otis the town drunk......I get so excited in times like these.

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I refuse to believe Steele is part of a mutiny plot. People surprise all the time, but his family background etc and he is a good Godly man. 

Hope you're right. BTW I just noticed your avatar. 👍

Steele sure did a hell of a job disguising his intent in 2018 and 2019 if that were the case. His defense delivered championships to Gus's door and Gus's offense refused to sign for them.

Doesn't make any sense. 

10 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

There’s no way AU is his much of a soap opera. Just no way. My best guess is folks wanted Gus gone after he got stomped in the SEC Champ. Game in 2017, especially after his stupid “we be the FoF crap out of them” comment. He got extended, and those who wanted him gone were peeved. I doubt the veracity of “plots” to oust him. If they wanted him gone, they wouldn’t have let the extension happen. Again, I just don’t believe we are that much of a soap opera. 

I posted at the beginning of this search that my source said we didn’t have a real plan in place when we fired Gus. This seems to be coming true every day. 

Archived