Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

34 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Oregon Board of Trustees meeting is open to the public, FYI. Anybody plan to dial in?

https://trustees.uoregon.edu/meetings

Members of the media and public may listen to proceedings via teleconference by dialing 1-888-337-0215 and entering access code 6295684. Meeting materials will be available by clicking on the “Upcoming Meetings” button below.

I called in but no one is on

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, wcware said:

I don’t believe it’s all true but I would be willing to bet their is some truth in it.

Yes and that is why a good lie has some truth to it.

@Josh_Moon
·
28m
Was just told by 2 very good sources who have intimate knowledge of the Auburn coaching search that the last 24 hours, & #stopsteele campaign, has blown up a 3-yr plan to undermine Gus Malzahn & get Kevin Steele the job. The man they say is behind it: former trustee Bobby Lowder

quote:
@Josh_Moon
·
19m
The sources said the plan from the outset was to fire Gus, name Steele interim, have a quiet search that ended with Steele as the best, most financially safe option. There was never a serious plan to pursue any other coach. And then word leaked about Steele ...

quote:
@Josh_Moon
·
20m
Inside the campus, those not on board with the plan tried to stall it, the sources said. They convinced Gogue to name a search committee for the purposes of slowing things down. They didn't expect such a sharp backlash from fans and donors.

quote:
@Josh_Moon
·
20m
The #stopsteele campaign and thousands of phone calls and emails have really caused several people to pause. And now there is a renewed sense that an actual search might take place. Might be too late on Cristobal, though. Next options, sources said, are Napier and Clark.

Now I would bet that Crepea plays the board vote on the extension approval as definitive closure of MC to Auburn. 

I'd be interested to see if he can actually get a MC quote for the story. We should know very soon. 

Just now, Zeek said:

? Cristobal still has to sign and accept

Sure, but how hard we really going after Cristobal if 3 of our biggest players are all in on Steele.  Ship may have sailed.  We're not united in this effort and that's hurting this search.

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Maybe it wasn't an active conspiracy with Steele. Perhaps people on the BOT agreed that if Gus couldn't turn it around, they'd fire him and promote Steele. KS may not have even been in on the plan.

That's pretty reasonable to believe. Just a matter of who those people are- if even plural- and if they're even still on the BOT.

Seems he's clarifying that it was pretty much just Lowder. Lol.

1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

So before everyone loses their mind, as far as I know Cristobal hasn’t signed the contract. This is just a formal offer. If he doesn’t come here it’s absolutely because he wants to be there and not the money because if you don’t think we can beat 6 yr 27 mil contract I’ve got some oceanfront property here in Tennessee for you. 

One more time for the people that can’t seem to read. MC definitely isn’t out yet

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's pretty reasonable to believe. Just a matter of who those people are- if even plural- and if they're even still on the BOT.

Seems he's clarifying that it was pretty much just Lowder. Lol.

I think I saw a few posts yesterday saying we need Lowder to step in and save the day! lol

Actually he has posted the story he has been alluding to on Twitter. He ended up modifying the "fearless and true" to poke AU btw.

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/12/university-of-oregon-approves-6-year-273-million-revised-contract-for-mario-cristobal.html

NO quote from Super Mario. He tried to use MC's statement from earlier this week instead. 

3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

If this is true it shows how terribly out of touch those idiots are. 

Unbelievable that all of us message board nerds know and care more for the football program than the people that have money in it. 

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

I think I saw a few posts yesterday saying we need Lowder to step in and save the day! lol

If I'm being honest, I've probably contradicted myself a dozen times this week. If I keep posting at this rate, I'll end up claiming that I fired Gus from the Grassy Knoll so that I could promote @GwillMac6 to the BOT so that he could then fire Kevin Steele so that I could hire Kevin Steele... because he would be available... and we wouldn't have to pay his buyout because we already paid his buyout...

8 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I called in but no one is on

It's already over friend.

Best part was right after the meeting someone unmuted and said "insert whatever username from the AU bunker baby!"

Archived