Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Unbelievable that all of us message board nerds know and care more for the football program than the people that have money in it. 

they care first about money, and as long as the fans keep buying tickets and wearing the gear...

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Zeek said:

It's already over friend.

Best part was right after the meeting someone unmuted and said "insert whatever username from the AU bunker baby!"

I think its unlikely Mario snubs Oregon to come here. 

Nasty.PNG

So... believe it or not the #StopSteele campaign may have actually had an effect 

Hugh Freeze is a man child 

Mario probably is not coming here. 

Who's next? Tom Allen? Bill Clark? Sark? 

Last time we interviewed Kirby smart and gave the job to Gus instead of smart. I would take smart over Gus anyway 

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

I don't think that was ever the case. Again, it's one booster pushing a narrative.

It may be one booster but it sounds like that was the plan. Hopefully now we will actually have a real coaching search and get a good coach.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

There is only one school that fast-tracked a board of trustees vote on an approved (currently unsigned) contract extension. All of the rest feels like manufactured process, churn, and drama honestly. 

47 minutes ago, wcware said:

AG needs to take charge and hire the coach using the schools money if possible. The old guard needs run out of town and the time is now 

They won’t let him...

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

It may be one booster but it sounds like that was the plan. Hopefully now we will actually have a real coaching search and get a good coach.

I'm actually hoping we don't have a real coaching search. Because that would mean we passed on the best and most obvious candidate, knowing that he wanted the job. 

16 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I think I saw a few posts yesterday saying we need Lowder to step in and save the day! lol

More like Jay Jacobs 😅

Y'all seem surprisingly uninterested in this pseudo failed-coup story and a campaign by Auburn fans that may have blown it all up lol

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If I'm being honest, I've probably contradicted myself a dozen times this week. If I keep posting at this rate, I'll end up claiming that I fired Gus from the Grassy Knoll so that I could promote @GwillMac6 to the BOT so that he could then fire Kevin Steele so that I could hire Kevin Steele... because he would be available... and we wouldn't have to pay his buyout because we already paid his buyout...

Let’s be honest here we’re all just trying to up our reaction count

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Y'all seem surprisingly uninterested in this pseudo failed-coup story and a campaign by Auburn fans that may have blown it all up lol

I distrust past and present state media members in anything related to Auburn. All of this feels like a bunch of purposeful negative spin designed to show Auburn in a state of internal turmoil 

Just now, Zeek said:

Gonna take more than a tweet or two to get me on board with that haha. Since Sunday, we've heard it all.. its been all over the place... 

The only consistent thing since Malzahn was fired is that everybody has "sources."

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Nasty.PNG

So... believe it or not the #StopSteele campaign may have actually had an effect 

Honestly this feels more like two people that read aufamily taking info from Au family to troll the posters of Aufamily. It seems fake as all get out

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It is just the norm at AU ha

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

And it has a history.  Remember when they were trying to push Steele on us here on this very site (when was that?  a year or 2 ago?) ?  So maybe there really has been some pro-Steele skulduggery going on. 

Man, we need to hose out the Barn.  It stinks.

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

And it has a history.  Remember when they were trying to push Steele on us here on this very site (when was that?  a year or 2 ago?) ?  So maybe there really has been some pro-Steele skulduggery going on. 

Man, we need to hose out the Barn.  It stinks.

#PressureWashTheBarn? 

Yeah, see I'm not buying that Steele had much to do with the coup but I do think there is some merit to the Steele being derailed by the Twitter backlash. I've seen it a number of places.

Serious question, why would there be a search committee if there was already “ a guy”? It’s not going to be MC, Steele, or any of these other big names mentioned. I’m telling you they are going to go much younger on this HC hire. They know that it needs someone to bring in some energy and can be player relatable. Not saying would be the guy but a Graham Harrell type of guy.

Archived