Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well we should definitely need to be patient now and vet as hell. Interview as you should and follow the process. The class is effed anyhow. But I do hope they got several candidates lined up 

I was referring to the cryptic nature of all the “be patient” posts that I’m not sure ever specifically pinned down a mention of being patient for MC. My brain wants to play the semantics game, like perhaps the insiders have been referring to patience for another coach all along?

And I totally agree with you. We need to be patient.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I would be fired up if we could get Tony Elliottt. Get Derek Mason as our DC and let’s goooooo. Here’s an article on Elliott from Jan:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.greenvilleonline.com/amp/4448758002

And talk about a man overcoming all the crap thrown his way and getting better instead of bitter: 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/13766528/the-incredible-underdog-story-clemson-offensive-coordinator-tony-elliott

If Tony Elliot could get great coordinators I would like that too. I am honestly more open to new blood. As much as I like Sark’s resume , I just am over the Alabama retreads lol. 

28 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

there was one guy we were going to hire at AD once but he was denied because he was going to do a full house cleaning on some of the rats here at Auburn, i believe hes an NFL gm now

But, but, but our current AD wears very expensive suits and looks sharp! He’s a smooth talker, plus he’s a great fundraiser. Haven’t you heard?

15 minutes ago, AuburnFTW said:

Are these in order of who he thinks is most likely? I can't believe Muschamp would be up that high

I'd take Steele long before I'd sniff Muschamp

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I was referring to the cryptic nature of all the “be patient” posts that I’m not sure ever specifically pinned down a mention of being patient for MC. My brain wants to play the semantics game, like perhaps the insiders have been referring to patience for another coach all along?

I don’t think so. A lot of egg on the face to go around tbh 

I honestly have no more energy for this . Hire whoever. The powers that be are the real reason a reputable coach will not come here . No question . 

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I would be fired up if we could get Tony Elliottt. Get Derek Mason as our DC and let’s goooooo. Here’s an article on Elliott from Jan:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.greenvilleonline.com/amp/4448758002

And talk about a man overcoming all the crap thrown his way and getting better instead of bitter: 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/13766528/the-incredible-underdog-story-clemson-offensive-coordinator-tony-elliott

I am fired up as well!!! He has that cali swag too!!! That AU plane in Greenville, SC has me excited. I am ready to get hurt again!!! Lol

19 minutes ago, GTAnderson.256 said:

Just to be clear, I’m not arguing with you. I agree with what you are saying, it just blows my mind that they would rather have this “sway” than a competitive program. 

They could use that money and give it to players and top notch recruits. 🤐. Oops, did I say that out loud...I mean they could update facilities. Ya, that’s what I meant to say. 😉

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I'd take Steele long before I'd sniff Muschamp

At least we could hope Steele learned something in the past 20 years to improve as HC. Muschamp has only had about 3 weeks.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I am fired up as well!!! He has that cali swag too!!! That AU plane in Greenville, SC has me excited. I am ready to get hurt again!!! Lol

I don’t think you could go wrong with Napier or here IF we give them the support to have veteran coordinators on board too. 

Just now, AuburnFTW said:

At least we could hope Steele learned something in the past 20 years to improve as HC. Muschamp has only had about 3 weeks.

Watch Steele with HC and Muschamp as DC lmao

Just now, Zeek said:

Watch Steele with HC and Muschamp as DC lmao

Feel like those two would not be able to get along hahah 

Hiring Muschamp would just about be the most JABA thing ever than to promote Steele.  Maybe even worse.

Just now, LKEEL75 said:

JABA!!!

Keep Morris at OC

3 former HCs let's gooooo

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I don’t think you could go wrong with Napier or here IF we give them the support to have veteran coordinators on board too. 

Why does it have to be a veteran coordinator?  The best offense college football has seen in 30 years was orchestrated last year by a 30 year old.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I truly do think kiffin is a offensive genius. That's actually legit this time and not a myth like it is a lot of dudes that get labeled that. Pound for pound? Best play caller in the game. I love his OC jeff lebby. Good enough recruiter. Having said that I am not sold on him as a actual head coach. I also think he would leave the second for even a lateral job offered him. He's a mercenary. He never stays anywhere long. He's not a viable long term answer.

I am good with Kiffin or Freeze. I know they both have questionable pasts, but people are capable of living and learning from their mistakes. These are proven offensive gurus. If they could keep Steele, or hire someone of his caliber, either one should be fine at AU, if they stay out of trouble.

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

No, it was definitely MC. And I believe them. As in... I do think it was about to happen.  If I owe any mea culpas for buying in, by all means, mea culpa.

I think this was every kind of JABA at once- the self-inflicted kind and the bad luck kind. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I’d love it and think he’s one of those worth taking a chance on because someone definitely will sooner rather than later. Incredible personal story, great recruiter and offensive mind and you know that part of the Auburn creed: I believe in work, hard work? This man is the Auburn creed personified.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

My gosh . Mav I know you mean well

and one of my favorite posters but who knows whom he heard this from or the context . I just highly doubt this guy is getting any true consideration 

I’m basically giving context to people saying “is this list in order”, etc, etc. I think Jboy doesn’t believe this happens. My whole reason of posting it was for people that believe muschamp is a legit possibility based on the original list post. Jboy seemed more on the rise of Neal Brown/Sark and even gave a small possibility regarding lane and even Napier. He did no such thing for muschamp. Just said he had heard it but basically said nothing else about it like he did the other candidates. Which pretty much tells me he doesn’t believe it’s a possibility, just made the comment that his name came up

Archived