Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PigskinPat said:

Or both!! 🤣 Tony Elliott as HC, Brandon Streeter as OC and Derek Mason as DC.

Omgsh that would absolutely 💯 be my ideal dream scenario!!! Derek mason was such a stud at Stanford.

I don’t know what’s the point of giving these guys the labels of insiders if all they do is tell us something happened last second that’s completely contrary to what they were initially hearing 

I and you reading this can do that

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes he was the passing coordinator . He didn’t just do it by himself as seen by some of the goofiness I’ve seen with Carolina. I think it is important to have some veteran leadership who also meets the criteria for quality coordinators . I don’t feel comfortable having a bunch of green people all over the staff. Just my 2 cents . 

Passing coordinator my ****.  All you have to do is look at LSU's offensive play calling this year compared to last.  That offense was his, not Ensminger's.

I'd also add to the age debate: a 34 year old coached in the Super Bowl two seasons ago.  If it's good enough for the NFL, it's good enough for us.

6 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

With JABA over christobal, the apathy for Auburn football which has developed under gus is getting stronger by the minute. 

I'll eat my hat if we hire anyone fun or exciting like lane or the pirate.

Yes I know we aren't going to pillage moo st, but God he would make being mediocre fun. 

We’d be the worst team in the SEC, much like MSU appears to be, with Mike Leach 

3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Jboy still saying Auburn is in it for MC. I’m just the messenger 

Did he explain how? That statement MC gave really seemed to close the door on an Auburn hire, but I'm all in for ripping Oregon's heart out a third time

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Fellow Troy alum and Neal Brown fan here.  There is/would be a lot of skepticism but I think he could do well at Auburn. 

Absolutely, he also fits the mold of “Auburn Man” Extremely nice guy and family. He’s a very good coach and would do well recruiting at a place like auburn 

Names not even being mentioned and I'm not sure why:

- Matt Campbell (Iowa State)

- Tom Allen (Indiana)

- Luke Fickell (Cincy)

- Bill O'Brien (Texans, Penn State)

- Dave Clawson (Wake Forest)

- P.J. Fleck (Minnesota)

Why did the board go from Cristobal to "the search is over we're screwed"?

8 minutes ago, Howard Roark said:

Really wish we had been able to get Cristobal. Three 4 stars and one 5 star.  

https://oregon.rivals.com/commitments/football/2021

OL

Orem, UT

6'5"

9/8/20
SIGNED

OL

Tucson, AZ

6'8"

5/18/20
SIGNED

OL

Scottsdale, AZ

6'5"

5/8/20
SIGNED

OL

Draper, UT

6'3"

10/17/19

Not to mention he’s developed one of the best offensive linemen prospects in the modern era! 

Just now, AuburnFTW said:

Did he explain how? That statement MC gave really seemed to close the door on an Auburn hire, but I'm all in for ripping Oregon's heart out a third time

I agree, if we ended up getting him it could be our karma for the grief we gave bama fans about Saban’s comments before he left the Dolphins. 😂

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Here is brandon streeter and Tony Elliot's recruiting background. I would be absolutely perfectly fine with either.

https://247sports.com/Coach/Brandon-Streeter-3576/

https://247sports.com/coach/Tony-Elliott-1265/

Both have been on my want list for years.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Names not even being mentioned and I'm not sure why:

- Matt Campbell (Iowa State)

- Tom Allen (Indiana)

- Luke Fickell (Cincy)

- Bill O'Brien (Texans, Penn State)

- Dave Clawson (Wake Forest)

- P.J. Fleck (Minnesota)

Why did the board go from Cristobal to "the search is over we're screwed"?

I watched a small espn special on Tom Allen. Solid dude. LEO

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No, it was definitely MC. And I believe them. As in... I do think it was about to happen.  If I owe any mea culpas for buying in, by all means, mea culpa.

I think this was every kind of JABA at once- the self-inflicted kind and the bad luck kind. 

This all kind of feels like when Gus "almost went to Arkansas". Damn fine way to get a hefty raise.

Just now, bigbird said:

Both have been on my want list for years.

Let's Go B!!! I bounce back quickly!!! Lol. Who would you lean toward for head coach if you had to pick?!

9 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Jboy still saying Auburn is in it for MC. I’m just the messenger 

I am fine with accepting MC is off the table. HOWEVER. As I have said previously, all the wording seems to just be the extension was offered...

And it's very strange to me that a man like Cristobal who tweets nonstop hasn't RT the extension or made any statement on social.

Screenshot_20201217-145903_Chrome.jpg

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

Am I the only one that gets a chuckle anytime a grown man refers to another grown man as JBoy? Like I get it, but it's still funny. 

It's more funny that he, as a grown man, wants to be called JBoy

Archived