Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

1 minute ago, tsande07 said:

If Greene can walk the tightrope to 1) pull in a quality hire, 2) keep booster money flowing in, and 3) set the stage for the boosters to be less directly involved in hiring/firing decisions going forward, then his could be an incredible legacy in the making.

Don't count on it.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Merged the Insiders Part 2 thread with the Coaching Candidates thread. No point having 2 threads to discuss/ask for the same thing.

You just want to see this thing get to 300 hahaha

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With all the info out there the best I can piece it is there were talks but MC never felt the offer was real because of the way AU handled it.

Obviously not. AU could have paid well more than the $4.5 mil Oregon gave him had our people gotten on the same page.

Don't know that he has signed but from most AU sources it doesn't matter to us anyway as most if not all feel the ship has sailed.

If Steele ends up being the HC & the way it looks like it has happened if he is hired then I'm done with AU football. I'm beyond tired of this Good Ol' Boy turd dung mess.

I’m with you 💯 %. I just can’t support it.

1 hour ago, shuebru said:

Link has been updated to work now.

https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbw8Z0v8XR0zGXcGk2HVxb2ZPA_wda99w658Fln7CGh6TbARs211EStcaQ/exec

Any other info you'd like to see in it?

Tom Allen?  wasn't there info he interviewed?  I know the IU beat writers have been writing some crappy articles about Auburn and how terrible coaches are treated, get fired for no reason, etc......they sound a little nervous if you ask me

Great job on the list!

How many current players will transfer if CKS gets the job? Is there support within the team for CKS?

I’m not saying that this should be considered in who gets the job necessarily. Just wondering if the players perspective is the same as the fan base about Steele.

1 minute ago, USATiger said:

Tom Allen?  wasn't there info he interviewed?  I know the IU beat writers have been writing some crappy articles about Auburn and how terrible coaches are treated, get fired for no reason, etc......they sound a little nervous if you ask me

Great job on the list!

I would be surprized if we interview a guy with a $23 mil buyout.

Just now, Bro Johnny Mac said:

How many current players will transfer if CKS gets the job? Is there support within the team for CKS?

I’m not saying that this should be considered in who gets the job necessarily. Just wondering if the players perspective is the same as the fan base about Steele.

Well 

If Cristobal starts picking his nose on the sidelines tonight, you     will        know.

20 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

BOT guys hire and fire Gogue, get the point ?

Yes, I was responding to this:

27 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Told no way in hell Gouge will sign off on Freeze.

Basically, I didn't understand why Gogue matters at all in this scenario.  The PTB will decide if Freeze is acceptable, and AG and Gogue will have to grin and bear it.

Lane Train folks can get excited now. I just checked on the flight from Auburn to New Orleans from yesterday, and the flight was diverted and the plane landed in Meridian, MS. Here is the flight path from the site:

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 3.21.17 PM.png

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Seems DrunkAubie is paying attention and has officially thrown his hat into the ring!!!!!!

or his sweatband, as the case may be...

we should get #drunkaubieforHC  trending on Twitter
(or some better phrase)

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Lane Train folks can get excited now. I just checked on the flight from Auburn to New Orleans from yesterday, and the flight was diverted and the plane landed in Meridian, MS. Here is the flight path from the site:

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 3.21.17 PM.png

Meridian is 180 miles from Oxford, so.........

1 minute ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Meridian is 180 miles from Oxford, so.........

Maybe they met up in Meridian? Just providing the flight since someone said earlier they enjoyed it and wanted more flight info.

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With all the info out there the best I can piece it is there were talks but MC never felt the offer was real because of the way AU handled it.

Obviously not. AU could have paid well more than the $4.5 mil Oregon gave him had our people gotten on the same page.

Don't know that he has signed but from most AU sources it doesn't matter to us anyway as most if not all feel the ship has sailed.

If Steele ends up being the HC & the way it looks like it has happened if he is hired then I'm done with AU football. I'm beyond tired of this Good Ol' Boy turd dung culture we have.

Thanks for the responses. Terribly disappointing. How you mess something up this bad is beyond me, but here we are. I wonder if we had made a serious offer if he’d be our coach. Assuming the reports about his interest in us were true

21 minutes ago, AUx said:

If Cristobal starts picking his nose on the sidelines tonight, you     will        know.

The ultimate troll would be for him to do a "Boom" after a field goal.  lol

Archived