Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I’ll be pulling for Oregon. I can’t stand USC and the way things turned out with us and Mario has nothing to do on Mario’s end.

Not against Mario... I think if USC wins, that is another job that doesn’t open so we are not competing with another top 20 school

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, feindav said:

If the PTB have wanted Steele plus a splash OC hire from the get-go, I would hope it’d be a young, up-and-coming OC, so that that person could take the reins in a few yrs.

Hell no! They want someone who will play Pinochle with them at Old Man Whipple's Place after church on Sunday!

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Why did PJ Fleck cool off in coaching searches?  I always liked him. 

$ and Minnesota sucks again.

11 minutes ago, feindav said:

If the PTB have wanted Steele plus a splash OC hire from the get-go, I would hope it’d be a young, up-and-coming OC, so that that person could take the reins in a few yrs.

I refuse to even think this would ever happen but scared as heck it will. Maybe if all the people wanting or being ok with Steele would be ok with the OC that he had last time he was HC 🤔

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

There is a surprise candidate that will be interviewed sometime this weekend from what I'm being told.

Surprise as in someone that hasn’t been mentioned, or surprise as in we know the name, but just haven’t heard that he is interviewing?

4 minutes ago, The Freak said:

$ and Minnesota sucks again.

It’s Minnesota!  Always going to be middle to bottom of the conference.  Nobody wants to go to Minnesota. 

42 minutes ago, Viper said:

HA! I started singing that after I posted, thinking NO WAY someone is singing it too.

I guess at the end of the day we’re really all the same...

How’s that for deep thoughts from a dumpster fire?

7 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I still like Fleck. Understand the criticism but I still think he's a phenomenal motivator and leader. 

1 minute ago, GTAnderson.256 said:

Surprise as in someone that hasn’t been mentioned, or surprise as in we know the name, but just haven’t heard that he is interviewing?

Someone that hasnt been mentioned.

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

goodness we might’ve just barely dodged a major bullet...

Or maybe not.  These interviews may be just smoke to soften the glare of those bad optics. 

12 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

goodness we might’ve just barely dodged a major bullet...

Yea sounds like the money guys want to let down and cause 50% + of the fan base to be apathetic to Auburn Football 

10 minutes ago, around4ever said:

He went 3-3 this year, had some really embarrassing losses, and barely beat Purdue. He’s also never coached in the southeast, which could affect recruiting. 

Archived