Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Just now, Zeek said:

SIAP

That's a great analogy though, which is more disturbing at the thought of it. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If Pruitt gets fired after this weekend would you rather have him or Muschamp for new DC?  

Muschamp. I love watching him get fired up on the sidelines. Steele walked into a perfect situation after champ with the recruits and culture he left behind on D. 

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

They’ve seen the stop Steele movement, and they wouldn’t be interviewing Sark to just hire Steele. 

@AuburnTiger4LifeThat would be logical thinking but the Good Ol' Boy network ain't logical. Some, including JGT, think the interviews are a dog & pony show to make it look like AU did their due diligence. Most AU sources are saying the StopSteele movement just delayed things as to when Steele will be named HC. It sounds like you aren't to versed in how JABA our Good Ol' Boys can be. I hope you are right here for all our sakes & don't have to find out.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@AuburnTiger4LifeThat would be logical thinking but the Good Ol' Boy network ain't logical. Some, including JGT, think the interviews are a dog & pony show to make it look like AU did their due diligence. Most AYU sources are saying the StopSteele movement just delayed things as to when Steele will be named HC. It sounds like you aren't to versed in how JABA our Good Ol' Boys can be. I hope you are right here for all our sakes & don't have to find out.

I hate to agree but knowing our great a fearless leaders this will probably be it. 🙄🙄🤔

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

As a public university, minutes from the advisory committee meetings should be subject to FOIA correct?

@oracle79The committee list is out there for public to see. Doesn't mean I can tell you which ones on the committee have a relationship with Steele. I'm not going to put myself in bad footing from where I got the info.

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

That's a great analogy though, which is more disturbing at the thought of it. 

I argued it was closer to Nedd Stark. Gus is more like Nedd than Robb. Too trusting, didn't expect the betrayal, and still left with some grace.

Robb was an idiot on a roll who just had to keep it in his pants and enjoy his sham wedding. 

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AuburnTiger4LifeThat would be logical thinking but the Good Ol' Boy network ain't logical. Some, including JGT, think the interviews are a dog & pony show to make it look like AU did their due diligence. Most AYU sources are saying the StopSteele movement just delayed things as to when Steele will be named HC. It sounds like you aren't to versed in how JABA our Good Ol' Boys can be. I hope you are right here for all our sakes & don't have to find out.

That’s more than JABA... that’s program suicide. I know you’re just the messenger but I just don’t see it happening lol. Hopefully someone gives a great interview 

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I argued it was closer to Nedd Stark. Gus is more like Nedd than Robb. Too trusting, didn't expect the betrayal, and still left with some grace.

Robb was an idiot on a roll who just had to keep it in his pants and enjoy his sham wedding. 

Life seems a bit emptier without GOT lol.  Of course they now have spinoffs.

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

If he gets it then it will be an inside job & why I will be done with AU football for the foreseeable future.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If he gets it then it will be an inside job & while I will be done with AU football for the foreseeable future.

It’s definitely an inside job . Way better applicants available 

58 minutes ago, Tiger4life25 said:

Yea sounds like the money guys want to let down and cause 50% + of the fan base to be apathetic to Auburn Football 

Sad thing is a number of them don't give a rat's tail what we think.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I was thinking the same thing. I think you're right, unfortunately. They better be prepared for either a mass exodus, a massive revolt, or both. Fans won't put up with this. This is probably the most important coaching hire in Auburn Football history. This is not the time to JABA a hire.

31 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I hope Mark Murphy doesn't find out who it is. 

Why? Never known him to be the blabber mouth War Blogle is.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If he gets it then it will be an inside job & while I will be done with AU football for the foreseeable future.

Good news is some alumni are starting to speak out and players too with the train emojis. PTB think Auburn fans will just boo and then accept him like we did with Chizik but they’re mistaken. It’ll be much, much worse. 

JGT just posted that Neal Brown is emerging as a compromise candidate. Really? That's the best we can do? Can we get serious please? Is there a reason our "leaders" think we are a Sun Belt team?

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

JGT just posted that Neal Brown is emerging as a compromise candidate. Really? That's the best we can do? Can we get serious please? Is there a reason our "leaders" think we are a Sun Belt team?

Nooooo

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Brown >> Steele

Just now, Tony4AU said:

So they burned over $20 million to fire Gus for nothing?

If they do and it's turns out to be Steele I won't be an Auburn football fan until we get competent and he is gone. 

Archived