Jump to content
Null

Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)


Recommended Posts





  • Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Off topic but to pick your spirits up   

But you acknowledge that there was a risk...so it’s his decision to play.    Honestly, if you’re a frontline worker, I have to question your perception of reality. I would be happy to discuss t

Class act

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

JGT just posted that Neal Brown is emerging as a compromise candidate. Really? That's the best we can do? Can we get serious please? Is there a reason our "leaders" think we are a Sun Belt team?

I think a lot of people will “emerge” in the next few days especially after their interviews. It’s about to be a roller coaster ride this weekend 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Life seems a bit emptier without GOT lol.  Of course they now have spinoffs.

Man I've never seen a franchise so relevant in the pop culture just completely disappear from all things. The last season or two really just killed its legacy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AURealist said:

Neal Brown?  How is Neal Brown a "compromise"?  

Is this for real? 

Easy. Some didn’t want Steele and some didn’t want Cristobal. They decided to compromise and get someone nobody wanted.

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PigskinPat said:

Easy. Some wanted Steele and some wanted Cristobal. They decided to comprise and get someone nobody wanted.

Well, when you put it that way, it all makes sense.  

JABA is real, folks.  

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tiger4life25 said:

I still stay Bill Clark if we are to miss out on bigger names and we are searching to fill the spot

He wins everywhere he goes, and I'm sure he'd love to stick it to UAt. 

His JSU teams were solid and what he's done at UAB is amazing. I doubt it gets to him, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if it did. 

I really like the thought of us hiring someone who has been a consistent winner at multiple stops. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

He wins everywhere he goes, and I'm sure he'd love to stick it to UAt. 

His JSU teams were solid and what he's done at UAB is amazing. I doubt it gets to him, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if it did. 

I really like the thought of us hiring someone who has been a consistent winner at multiple stops. 

Agreed, I am not saying I want him over the bigger names but jeez I would take him over the Brown guy and most without HC experience. The guys story and what he has done is more amazing than almost any on the list. I never thought about the uat angle, that would be very interesting 🤔 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Here is my take.   If Auburn hires Sarkisian, Elliot or Napier is because they have agreed to keep Steele as DC and it saves money.   If they hire Kiffin, it’s because the others said no to that deal and they decided to blow the whole thing up.   If it’s Steele, everyone said no and Auburn looks like total buffoonery 

Out of free icons to express agreement FWIW

Link to post
Share on other sites

So if it is Steele, do we just buy up tickets and boo the crap out of him every game? How do we express our discontent and disdain for the direction of the program in a way that affects change? Is it even possible? Or, do we just stop going altogether? “If it’s Steele, I’m out. Who’s coming with me?” Haha.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like with the timing considered, the coaches coaching games this weekend, we will find out who our coach is in less than 48 hours, if people can keep from soiling themselves for a short time longer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Man I've never seen a franchise so relevant in the pop culture just completely disappear from all things. The last season or two really just killed its legacy.

I didn't mind the last season

<runs for cover>

  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tiger4life25 said:

Agreed, I am not saying I want him over the bigger names but jeez I would take him over the Brown guy and most without HC experience. The guys story and what he has done is more amazing than almost any on the list. I never thought about the uat angle, that would be very interesting 🤔 

Yeah he wouldn't be the top of my list either, but definitely over Brown. Probably over Nappier too, but JMO. 

I still would like Kiffin or Freeze before anyone else. 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Zeek changed the title to Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)
  • bigbird locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...