Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Don’t look at his wife’s twitter then. Lol

I'll just look at his wife 🤤

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Man I don't think I have ever seen E so fired up.  I mean maybe when A4E starts 20 repeat threads in an hour, but I think this is more...  The majority of us are all with E as well, I believe

Huh? Where?

Just now, JBiGGiE said:

That he isn't a closer or that he won't have folks running through brick walls? Because I distinctly remember the "Nightmares on the plane" speech he gave before the Washington game a couple years back. The defense sure looked like they were ready...

As a closer, I don't recall anyone ever saying that about him.

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Don’t look at his wife’s twitter then. Lol

Still have not seen any mention of an actual contract being signed though

6 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

It’s odd to me that the PTB are willing to bury this football program and drive most fans away at the same time. What do they truly have to gain from this? What fun is having power over a losing football program that doesn’t have any fan interest?

They really don’t give a s***, they would rather have their way than elevate the program. If they did AU would arguably be making a case for tier 1 by now 

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

i doubt this is true but 88 DID say there was a name that hasn’t been mentioned 😂

Bahahaha, If this ever happened the “auburn has luck” people would be 100% spot on

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Bahahaha, If this ever happened the “auburn has luck” people would be 100% spot on

The Dothan part cracked me up because I pictured them just driving in a limo doing laps around Ross Clark 

Leopold getting exposed by Ball State lmao

@ellitor JGT blocked me on Twitter and I didn't do anything lol I'm so upset because I like him but it is what it is. All I did was gripe about Steele but it was G rated. Weird.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

i doubt this is true but 88 DID say there was a name that hasn’t been mentioned 😂

Maybe he's building a summer home and trying to work out a deal on some lumber, lol.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The Dothan part cracked me up because I pictured them just driving in a limo doing laps around Ross Clark 

L. O. L. Heading to Abbeville to have dinner at Huggin’ Molly’s. Folks round there ain’t ever seen a limo. 

So other than just being a power bully, what do they gain by controlling who the coach is and running the program in the ground? Clearly it's not to win football games. 

52 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

So if it is Steele, do we just buy up tickets and boo the crap out of him every game? How do we express our discontent and disdain for the direction of the program in a way that affects change? Is it even possible? Or, do we just stop going altogether? “If it’s Steele, I’m out. Who’s coming with me?” Haha.

If it’s Steele, I’m out... and I have a son in the band and another one heading there next year

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

So other than just being a power bully, what do they gain by controlling who the coach is and running the program in the ground? Clearly it's not to win football games. 

That was my question too. Who gives a **** about meddling in a program that ain’t worth nothing? Pretty much every single fan I’ve seen has outright refused to accept Steele and continuously support Auburn if he’s chosen. ESPECIALLY after this coupe stuff. 

1 minute ago, jluvah said:
55 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

If it’s Steele, I’m out... and I have a son in the band and another one heading there next year

Congrats on the kids going to Auburn! Great school. I’m in grad school here myself! 

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Exactly, they don’t care. It’s also about supposed people having their hand in how coaching is done. They don’t care about the result they just want the control and the ability to say “yea I had  a hand in that” if things go well

Archived