Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

5 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Ain’t no way. 🤣🤣

He needs some yellawood for a house he's building lmao that's such a joke of an account tweeting it too

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jluvah said:

If it’s Steele, I’m out... and I have a son in the band and another one heading there next year

Especially after us fans having to watch the year after year of disappointing games, at this point it would not be a huge deal to find other things to do on Saturdays like I have been doing.

I imagine they and their guests get special access to places us peasants will never enjoy. Facilities, suites, practices, open door to coaches, team planes, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Exactly, they don’t care. It’s also about supposed people having their hand in how coaching is done. They don’t care about the result they just want the control and the ability to say “yea I had  a hand in that” if things go well

Just now, AUBourne said:

I imagine they and their guests get special access to places us peasants will never enjoy. Facilities, suites, practices, open door to coaches, team planes, etc. 

And the infamous “ I tell all these guys what to do”. People want to get on saban but he immediately told the power people, “I’m running this team and stay out of my way”. If people really look at it the Alabama PTB in the late 90’s early 2000’s, they  were fairly close to what the auburn PTB are. 

Just now, Tiger4life25 said:

Especially after us fans having to watch the year after year of disappointing games, at this point it would not be a huge deal to find other things to do on Saturdays like I have been doing.

I feel ya. I’ve seen some pretty wild games, too, though. Was at both of the last home iron bowls. Those were wild. Was also at the LSU game that got Les Miles canned. The stadium was so loud at the end of that game that my eyeballs were vibrating. Lol. You’re right though. I don’t see KS bringing that to The Plains unless he had a killer assistant crew. 

Bro if we're going to go with KS just tell me that s*** this past Monday and let me actually be productive with my week. I'll finally attend some fall weddings.

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He needs some yellawood for a house he's building lmao that's such a joke of an account tweeting it too

I laughed at your other tweet for 10 minutes. What does Lincoln Riley look like flying into Dothan? Not Jimmy flying to him but HIM flying to jimmy in DOTHAN? 

I dont like being judgemental but if someone was fiercely posting against Malzahan being fired and are now promoting Steele for head coach I am absolutely skeptical of their loyalty.

Just now, Zeek said:

Nro if we're going to go with KS just tell me that s*** this past Monday and let me actually be productive with my week. I'll finally attend some fall weddings.

If this happens I think I may not watch or listen to a game for the first time in over 18 years

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I laughed at your other tweet for 10 minutes. What does Lincoln Riley look like flying into Dothan? Not Jimmy flying to him but HIM flying to jimmy in DOTHAN? 

I was born in Dothan, so was my brother, so was my momma. When we drive thru it to get somewhere else we always shake our head.

Personally glad we got out but man it's exploded since the late 90s.

15 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

E has single handily made me order a pizza and open a beer. Sheesh

Honestly seeing him and some others get mad and then the silence from others on top of that has me realllllllll worried. Also, I don’t know how reliable Phillip Dukes is as an insider but his tweet is seriously worrisome. I don’t think I’ve truly felt like it would be Steele until now. I was still holding onto the “ain’t no way”. Now I feel like it’s inevitable. 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I was born in Dothan, so was my brother, so was my momma. When we drive thru it to get somewhere else we always shake our head.

I almost accepted a job there at the nuclear plant....glad I didn't

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Honestly seeing him and some others get mad and then the silence from others on top of that has me realllllllll worried. Also, I don’t know how reliable Phillip Dukes is as an insider but his tweet is seriously worrisome. I don’t think I’ve truly felt like it would be Steele until now. I was still holding onto the “ain’t no way”. Now I feel like it’s inevitable. 

Dukes can be odd, posts stuff on Twitter but doesn’t want it shared anywhere. Used to follow some of his stuff until that 

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Oh for sure. I grew up 45 minutes from Dothan. My town is small enough that we have to drive to Dothan to go to the grocery store, movies, shopping, etc. I’d say it’s blown up tremendously in the last 15 years. Good for me since I ain’t got anywhere else to go I reckon. 

It fricking better not be Steele or they will kill the program. And I will be DONE!  And we will be a laughing stock. It’s like the people running Auburn are really a bunch of bammers keeping us down. I won’t accept it. It’s trash. 

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I almost accepted a job there at the nuclear plant....glad I didn't

Like Homer Simpson! Lol

3 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

What you guys got against Dothan? Lol. Disclaimer: I have no affiliation to Dothan personally

As a Dothan native when it was 1/10 the size it is now I have both pride and disdain for that town.Screenshot_20201218-204718_Chrome.jpg

The NUMBER 3 thing to do is go around town and see painted ******* peanut statues lmao

Just now, Zeek said:

As a Dothan native when it was 1/10 the size it is now I have both pride and disdain for that town.Screenshot_20201218-204718_Chrome.jpg

The NUMBER 3 thing to do is go around town and see painted ******* peanut statues lmao

Peanut capital of the world! Haha. I guess my agriculture background brings me a larger appreciation for that one. Lol. Agriculture background is actually also the reason most of my family is Auburn fans. 

On 12/16/2020 at 3:49 PM, Beaker said:

100%

the schedule absolutely keeps us on an uneven playing field for a lot of reasons.  I know bama and georgia loves it because they are the benefactor every year with schedules,  records, TV and recruiting.  They will fight tooth and nail to change the SEC schedule system.

If I did not have a dog in the fight and I were a college coach - Tenn may look a lot better than Auburn if you want to coach somewhere long enough to get a 2nd or 3rd contract.    Just being honest....

All the more reason to get a HC with vision (like Dye) and get the f out of his way (like UAt does for saban) or help him achieve (like UAt does for saban). That is the culture change the fans want. 

2 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Peanut capital of the world! Haha. I guess my agriculture background brings me a larger appreciation for that one. Lol. Agriculture background is actually also the reason most of my family is Auburn fans. 

pn8zxp.jpg

So do you know what this bad boy is? 🥰😍

Archived