Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Come on Sark is head and shoulders above the rest, so we will probably get Tony Elliott.

Lol ohhhh it's you. Should of known you had this trash take. He's really not. But not surprised you are mis informed.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He's not doing well at a power 5 school and he's not a good recruiter. No one should be considered unless they are stud recruiters. 

Dana left him a huge mess at WV. Only his second year in the program and it’s headed in the right direction 

46 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

If this happens I think I may not watch or listen to a game for the first time in over 18 years

Said this since the first mention of KS being a candidate. IF we hire KS....I am done. 30 years of die hard fandom will be done. I refuse to accept that. 

4 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Seems so! Not sure what he has seen to compare Brown like that to Steele.  I thought Brown did well at Troy.   Maybe Gwill followed way more than myself. 

Gwill is like the father of a girl whose dating. He doesn't want her (AU) with just any guy. He's sitting on the front porch with a boom stick wanting her to only accept the very best. 

He's not doing well at a power 5 school and he's not a good recruiter. No one should be considered unless they are stud recruiters. 

Fair enough.  Brown to me really not a big change from Gus.  I am thinking of someone so opposite from Gus like Kiffin, Sark, Freeze etc over Steele.  

4 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

About an hour south of Albany, GA. Resly small pass thru town called Damascus. 

Ah. I see. I’m from Valdosta but moved to Auburn for grad school, so I pass through Albany whenever I go home. 

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

This year. He had a 5-7 record a couple of season's ago. That should never ever happen at USC.

I don’t recall but didn’t he catch the bad end of the NCAA penalties?  

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

No disrespect my dude but you have got to be a troll. Lolol. 

He is. Ohhhh believe me.

1 hour ago, PikesEagle said:

Argo, not to get off topic but what city are you at in Walker Co

Argo is a small community between Sumiton and Jasper.

Just now, Win4AU said:

I don’t recall but didn’t he catch the bad end of the NCAA penalties?  

No. Lane and sark did. Not clay. 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Gwill is like the father of a girl whose dating. He doesn't want her (AU) with just any guy. He's sitting on the front porch with a boom stick wanting her to only accept the very best. 

Bruhhhhh we are a got damn dime piece who keeps settling for overweight unattractive a**hole dudes. We don't know how hot we are!!

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Well, we all want the best it seems except the PTB.  

Is it too much to ask for that our head coach isn't going to be wearing adult diapers soon? 

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Recruiting is the do or die. Wish everyone (PTB) understood that. 

There is a lot of good coaches out there. Jim mcelwain is a good coach but it takes a very specific certain skillset to succeed in the sec. It all starts with being a awesome recruiter. Neal brown, bill clark and mcelwain etc should it be mid major coaches because of this.

2 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Well, we all want the best it seems except the PTB.  

Sadly you are right.... I always fall for it thinking this search will be different and we will finally make our first splashy proven winners hire in football but nahhhhh we never do. :(

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Argo is a small community between Sumiton and Jasper.

I graduated from Carbon Hill back in the day. From what I hear, we have two red lights in town now.

Bruhhhhh we are a got damn dime piece who keeps settling for overweight unattractive a**hole dudes. We don't know how hot we are!!

It’s the opposite for basketball. We were the unattractive overweight ***hole and a dime piece (Pearl) took us in and molded us into a beauty!! 

Archived