Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUwent said:

I do not like the wording that Willie Anderson provided.

It read like, “y’all ain’t gonna like this cat,  but we gotta cheer him on”.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Someone mentioned Derek Mason as a possible DC... any thoughts?

I’d like Steele to stay. I’m just a fan and do not know what is happening internally with the team.

Just now, JMassie11 said:

If and big IF it were Venebles it would not be announced this week

If they're already telling former players I think we get the announcement at a time tomorrow that the social media teams deem will get the most interactions 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

If they're already telling former players I think we get the announcement at a time tomorrow that the social media teams deem will get the most interactions 

And Clemson has the ACC championship game Saturday. Typically a coordinator making the jump would wait till after that game at the very least.

21 minutes ago, TigersTalons said:

I’d like Steele to stay. I’m just a fan and do not know what is happening internally with the team.

I hope the new coach gets to decide that and not the administration. Other wise we are repeating the same cycle again. 

I’d be pretty upset if we don’t name someone with a proven record as a head coach. I don’t think you make this move unless you have someone like a Kiffen or Freeze already lined up. I would be supportive of a Cristobal hire but not excited. I still think if we are looking long term, someone like a Fickell out of UC would be the best choice

38 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I do not like the wording that Willie Anderson provided.

Same . Seemed like it was going to be a traditional half ass AU hire like past hires 

6 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

And Clemson has the ACC championship game Saturday. Typically a coordinator making the jump would wait till after that game at the very least.

It's not Venables 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

It's not Venables 

Was my thoughts, pure fun speculation but didn’t Meyer have an interesting quote during the TAMU game Saturday?

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Do you know who it is?

There's a few people I've been messaging that have been spot on so far. This is not a name I've heard even once. I could be wrong but Steele and Lashlee are more likely at this point (not that I think it will be them).

If I had to bet, it's Cristobal unless Rane gets his way then it's Freeze.

Archived