Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cristobal with the staff he was going to put in place would have been scary good. Questions about his game day coaching weren’t overly concerning; a lot of that is experience and, as has been pointed out before, Saban is not great on game day. It’s the stuff that takes place on the recruiting trail and in the daily “process” that make those moments less common and relevant. Unfortunately, we JABA’ed the MC hire. Napier seems like the guy most likely to establish a “culture” demanding and creating excellence (maybe at this stage he is MC at FIU). There will be risk with any hire but I like his potential ceiling. He is a better candidate for the job than anybody since Dye exited.

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

No kidding. That would be great. 

I’m not getting too excited until I see an announcement. I’m sure they are waiting to interview Hugh Nall

Just now, wcware said:

I’m not getting too excited until I see an announcement. I’m sure they are waiting to interview Hugh Nall

Right after the Jackie Sherrill interview.  

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Is “Nap Time” gonna be a thing with Napier?

I'm trying to make it a thing lmao

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Go ahead and grab Napier please.

If we announced today is there any way he could be here and ready to coach for the bowl game? Just dreaming #NapTime

Just now, DAG said:

HC - Napier

DC - Derek Mason

OC - ???

I would love for these two to be at Auburn

Give me baby Brilles! His OC pick is HUGE because Napier's passing schemes aren't top notch.

Just now, Zeek said:

If we announced today is there any way he could be here and ready to coach for the bowl game? Just dreaming #NapTime

Don't think so. Steele and them will coach their very last game. By then Napier and his co should be full force on the recruiting trail.

3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Then you have to get Ensminger as OC...

Over Mike Shula?  😉

Just now, DAG said:

Don't think so. Steele and them will coach their very last game. By then Napier and his co should be full force on the recruiting trail.

You think we might opt out of the bowl game?

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

HC - Napier

DC - Derek Mason

OC - ???

I would love for these two to be at Auburn

That would be a huge win, and provide a foundation we could build off of for a long time. Especially with a new FOF being built. 

Archived