Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zeek said:

There's no way to handle it we've totally ****** this and it's over.

Napier was our last good option. The rest are all trash or aren't coming here anyways. This is a dark dark dark moment for Auburn football.

Unless they nut up and go steal Cristobal or say **** it and grab Freeze we're done. We're considering the coach of UAB... he's lost pretty much 5 games every year there. I know the circumstances but I'd say he's 70% chance of being a bust.

We will be lucky to win 6 games next year. How we ****** this Napier hire is beyond me. I'm hoping everyone is wrong or we're sending another offer or something.

You and I have been on the same page in most of this. I only recently posted but have been reading along. At this point I’m pretty much ready to call Tigers Unlimited to ask for my money back I let them hold from last year. I’m a scholarship donor and I’ll be back in 3-5 years if we can get the next coach right. In the meantime I’ll carry my kids to basketball and enjoy the product we have put on the floor there. Right now that’s what we have to be proud of. This is an embarrassment. 

I think it really does not matter who we hire at all.

What we are seeing right now with Auburn Football is now out in the open. Even if we hire someone incredible, we'll still have a level of incredible skepticism because who really runs the show behind the scenes.

This is a dark day for Auburn Football. I don't think there is an end at the sight. 

Who the hell fires a guy who has a $21million buyout, never had a losing record, 8 straight bowl games... and doesn't have somebody ready to go? Or keeps a good coach from coming because they want to control his coaching hires? I don't know why I expected this coaching search to be any different than the past.

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

apparently Napier wanted full control and they said no...so Napier said no and good for him.. . it is just a $hit show .. no way we can get a good coach in if he can't have total control. 

No Napier didnt ask for FULL CONTROL. He balked because we wouldnt let him have control over his assistants. 

World class sabotage

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

apparently Napier wanted full control and they said no...so Napier said no and good for him.. . it is just a $hit show .. no way we can get a good coach in if he can't have total control. 

Who's ready for Gus 2.0

It does make sense how integral the PTB is with demanding Auburn coaches to hire assistants that are "Auburn people" -- Bruce Pearl and Chuck Person come to mind. Gus and the former football players as assistants.

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

What some have referenced. Sorry if it’s been shared, site crashed on me. Seriously I’m sick. 

0F867E11-B711-4681-9292-FEFF84EBC12C.png

As he should.... He would be the freaking coach. 

I will reiterate the obvious from the last 30 years of coaching searches at Auburn: 

nobody knows anything

auburn will interview a ton of great candidates 

In the end we will hire someone nobody expected because the AD has no control to hire a good coach 

we will rightfully be scorned in the media

the new coach will do well over time 

repeat over and over 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Sanders said:

Who the hell fires a guy who has a $21million buyout, never had a losing record, 8 straight bowl games... and doesn't have somebody ready to go? Or keeps a good coach from coming because they want to control his coaching hires? I don't know why I expected this coaching search to be any different than the past.

Its crystal clear they did have someone ready to go

#StopSteele

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

No Napier didnt ask for FULL CONTROL. He balked because we wouldnt let him have control over his assistants. 

World class sabotage

Any coach we hire should have FULL CONTROL over the football program period. And why in the hell does he even have to ask. Biggest $hit show ever. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan Sanders said:

Groundhog Day every Auburn search

So I'm hearing something interesting right now from my source that the old school and the new school boosters are fighting right now for control and the new school boosters are the ones leaking information to sabatoge the old school boosters so they will sit down and shut up and not try to have control the coaches. Thats why the Napier news was leaked so that he would say no and embarrass the school until we finally can get a football coach and just let him coach and have full control. 

AU is digging their own grave . AU has to pay buyouts for assistants and let the new guy have full control or AU is  going to hire Steele . What a dumpster fire 

Archived