Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

So I'm hearing something interesting right now from my source that the old school and the new school boosters are fighting right now for control and the new school boosters are the ones leaking information to sabatoge the old school boosters so they will sit down and shut up and not try to have control the coaches. Thats why the Napier news was leaked so that he would say no and embarrass the school until we finally can get a football coach and just let him coach and have full control. 

Well, a little late now. We gonna go the high school coach route?

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT:

Guys, I'm having trouble with the site randomly bouncing to https://www.aufamily.com/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/topic/  topic can't be found

Anyone else seeing something strange moving between forums?

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Okay so although that might help the new booster, it successfully ruins Auburn currently. This jockeying of power, if true, is truly tarnishing the idea of getting any quality of coaches here. They don't need to interview a single soul if they all aren't on the same freaking page.

If it hurts us now but we get to clean house and start acting like a bit boy program that lets coaches do their job, them I'm all for it.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Okay so although that might help the new booster, it successfully ruins Auburn currently. This jockeying of power, if true, is truly tarnishing the idea of getting any quality of coaches here. They don't need to interview a single soul if they all aren't on the same freaking page.

Perhaps this is the way they are forced to get on the same page.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That's the point though. They want to be able to hire a coach and not let anybody control him and to do what they wanna do. They are trying to embarrass the school so they will sit down and shut up. A lot of the Alumni are getting fed up to the point there is a lot of them threatening to pull there money if things don't change and change for the better. 

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

The only one of these that havent already been posted is the one from peters

🤷🏼‍♂️ Okay 

This is so f***ing embarrassing for the players and fans. This administration needs to be fired for this crap. The problem is the bullsh*t goes all the way up. There isn’t anyone with any sense that can hold the athletic department accountable.

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

Perhaps this is the way they are forced to get on the same page.

Its might be but then people need to accept the coach that comes afterwards. No quality guy is coming in here with this mess. I am thinking a unproven coordinator or someone like Bill Clark. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Agreed. If this was the case they should have kept Gus just to save face on the public embarrassment of having all these guys turn down the job. However I’m not mad the information is being leaked. We’re going to have to implode to rebuild I’m afraid. 

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

That’s exactly what you should do. That’s what everyone should be doing right now. As someone who finally had the finances in place to start purchasing season tickets I will definitely no longer be doing that. I know my money does not make a difference but the money of 100 of me will make a dent. 

Me too. Already had it planned out in finances. Almost 0% chance it happens now.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

OT:

Guys, I'm having trouble with the site randomly bouncing to https://www.aufamily.com/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/topic/  topic can't be found

Happened to me. Cleared cookies and browsing history and it fixed it

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

That's the point though. They want to be able to hire a coach and not let anybody control him and to do what they wanna do. They are trying to embarrass the school so they will sit down and shut up. A lot of the Alumni are getting fed up to the point there is a lot of them threatening to pull there money if things don't change and change for the better. 

As an alum that has given money to the university, I agree wholeheartedly 

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

I get that is the point but what I am saying is the damage is already done, so if we end up with the guy from Costal Carolina, our fans do not need to be bitching. This is where we are at. I highly doubt someone with experience will be walking in now , which all of us are high on. 

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

That is some clever political maneuvering. Lose the battle, win the war. I dig it.

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Count me in that group

Just now, DAG said:

Its might be but then people need to accept the coach that comes afterwards. No quality guy is coming in here with this mess. I am thinking a unproven coordinator or someone like Bill Clark. 

I think if they can get their asses together, drop the damn charade and go all in on a coach, we can still get a top notch coach. But they gotta drop the BS. The time is now. 

No respectable coach or coach worth their salt is coming to coach the clown show. I hope every single coach declines and it all goes public. The people calling the shots need to be pied in the face. Sometimes public shame is the best punishment, and sometimes we just have to walk away for a while to shame these folks. I already lost most of my interest in our football program because of Gus and because this season just didn't feel the same without tailgating and season tickets. What I don't understand, though, is why they insist on making decisions that are clearly holding back the program. Why do they want to intentionally harm the program? What do they stand to gain?

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

OT:

Ya the servers are crashing. Cant keep up with the traffic

Ill say again. This search and the (whomever’s) management of the athletic department represents the entire university for the nation to see. I conclude that Auburn has no qualifications to offer business, finance, management, or marketing curricula to students. Clearly everyone involved in Gus’s contract renegotiation and this current new hiring must use other means to ‘win’ in their personal affairs because there is no skill, discipline, or art on exhibit here. There appears to be no self awareness of of this gang’s (word chosen deliberately) superlative level of ineptitude. 

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

I think if they can get their asses together, drop the damn charade and go all in on a coach, we can still get a top notch coach. But they gotta drop the BS. The time is now. 

I don't think a top notch coach is coming here and I think the fans need to realize that. 

2 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

🤷🏼‍♂️ Okay 

I was just saying. 

It is good to see what they are saying though. 

I dont follow many players on twitter

Archived