Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

Just now, DAG said:

I get that is the point but what I am saying is the damage is already done, so if we end up with the guy from Costal Carolina, our fans do not need to be bitching. This is where we are at. I highly doubt someone with experience will be walking in now , which all of us are high on. 

What if there are someone with some sort of championship pedigree who would be interested in coming here but wants to see how this thing play out with boosters? Let there be a meltdown first. Let boosters attack each other. Then, a coach can assert himself and demand full authority when Auburn Football is "at its lowest" or rock bottom. Then the only way is up.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Me too. Already had it planned out in finances. Almost 0% chance it happens now.

Yep and that sucks because I was so excited to take my family to some games. Oh well, back in the savings it goes. Unless something drastic changes. 

Just now, AUDynasty said:

What if there are someone with some sort of championship pedigree who would be interested in coming here but wants to see how this thing play out with boosters? Let there be a meltdown first. Let boosters attack each other. Then, a coach can assert himself and demand full authority when Auburn Football is "at its lowest" or rock bottom. Then the only way is up.

I would love for that to happen, but I find that hard to believe. The only way that occurs, IMO, if they have a high salary, a huge ass buyout and complete autonomy, all in writing. 

12 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

So I'm hearing something interesting right now from my source that the old school and the new school boosters are fighting right now for control and the new school boosters are the ones leaking information to sabatoge the old school boosters so they will sit down and shut up and not try to have control the coaches. Thats why the Napier news was leaked so that he would say no and embarrass the school until we finally can get a football coach and just let him coach and have full control. 

Has your source heard anything about this mystery “Mt Rushmore” of college football candidate? 

1 minute ago, AUDynasty said:

Let's just reinstate Gus at this point. Bill Clark isn't much better 

Just now, drewzums343 said:

Let's just reinstate Gus at this point. Bill Clark isn't much better 

Gus ain’t coming back here. He’s free.

1 hour ago, creed said:

That's weird because Saban hired him twice to coach and bama. So saban hires bad coaches.

Saban hired Pruitt because he has no scruples. Not because of any coaching ability.

Visiting my 80 year old mother-in-law and teasingly making fun of her still watching Days of Our Lives soap opera, going strong for 40 years now; and realizing I’ve been following Auburn’s just as silly soap opera for the same amount of time...

AD and Gogue need to step in and kick out whomever is dictating this condition on new hire.  We want a great coach who is given full control to bring winning championship caliber football to AU.  And Steele and RG need to go!

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I would love for that to happen, but I find that hard to believe. The only way that occurs, IMO, if they have a high salary, a huge ass buyout and complete autonomy, all in writing. 

Yep, the ship has pretty much sailed on getting a coach worth a damn. The PTB have completely taken care of that. Wish we could put them all on a jet to the next interview and forget to fuel up. That's the only resolution I see.

2 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

AD and Gogue need to step in and kick out whomever is dictating this condition on new hire.  We want a great coach who is given full control to bring winning championship caliber football to AU.  And Steele and RG need to go!

Every coach on staff needs to go not just those two

Do they not understand what they are doing to the board ? Sark, nap, or venables would be huge upgrades .

much like everyone else I do not understand. 

3 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Yep, the ship has pretty much sailed on getting a coach worth a damn. The PTB have completely taken care of that. Wish we could put them all on a jet to the next interview and forget to fuel up. That's the only resolution I see.

My only hope is Brent V. now, who has ZERO hc experience but has learned from Dabo.  Of course, I can't see why he would come here if he has to split autonomy with the boosters.

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

This is what I'm concerned about. I'm concerned about our head coaches getting neutered in their head coaching decisions, who they can hire, and who they can fire, etc. Not saying that Napier is a poor choice, I just hope he has a handle on what he wants his program to operate like, and that he will be willing to fight tooth and nail for his autonomy. 

Well it turns out Napier was willing to fight for autonomy, and Auburn wasn't willing to provide it. Much respect to Napier for walking if that is truly the case. 

Archived