Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Given what we know about the boosters, I think this thread has a new light shone on it. 

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/173382-conspiracy-time-did-gus-play-politics/#comments

I don't buy that JG is a good QB...but Willis?  You may have a point.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Given what we know about the boosters, I think this thread has a new light shone on it. 

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/173382-conspiracy-time-did-gus-play-politics/#comments

Without going back through that I can remember the consensus being, no the PTB would never meddle with anything about the football team. :lol: 

Just now, AUDevil said:

I don't buy that JG is a good QB...but Willis?  You may have a point.

I'll concede that. I think JG at least gave you the same as you got with Bo in a bigger more running tailored package, but you're right. 

Jaba jaba jaba jaba. These clowns don't love Auburn. If they did they would stop holding us back like they have for year's. No coach worth a damn is going to come here if you try and force a staff on them. We continue to be the biggest circus and clown show in college football. 

Good in napier for telling us to kick rocks. Ballsy af and I like it. Auburn needs a complete draining of the swamp. Also **** kevin steele!!!!!!! He is seriously making this search hell because for whatever reason our money guys are obsessed with him and are trying to force him on any new coaches staff. Just fire his ass and be done with it. I swear they are trying to be cheap and not pay him his 5 million dollar buy out as well. 

Just now, WarTim said:

Make Kiffin say no. 

I’m afraid it doesn’t matter who they approach. We just got turned down by a Sunbelt coach. Auburn’s admin won’t give the coach the ability to bring in his own staff. Kiffen ain’t dealing with that sh*t either.

4 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

This is absolutely nothing new with the boosters.. been doing this stuff for as long as I can remember.. Bobby Lowder set the tone and ran the show... happens every single time we “search” for a new coach. 

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

Make Kiffin say no. 

Why would he or any coach worth a damn want to come here? I love Auburn. You love Auburn. We all do. They don't love us back. The ppl who run the show rather have control over wins. Sad. It's amazing that we have been successful as we have with the worst leadership in the SEC.

Just now, WinstonMcFlurry said:

looks like were gonna be in the wilderness as a program for awhile...

It's fine...TAMU can have our #3 spot outright in the west for the next decade.  We'll probably see some more great contests with OM and MSU.  We can spend more time on the weekends with our families...frees up Iron Bowl weekend, uga and lsu games for sure.

4 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

So, what other candidates left? Seems no one here likes Clark or Brown.  Lets see some legit names.  

Venables. I highly doubt he will come here only because of the good ol boys not letting our coach do what he has to do to make us a Contender.  Imo Gus is a better coach than Clark and Steele and our PTB wants to pay 21 million for Gus to go away only to hire one of these guys? What an absolute clown show 🤡

27 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

I don’t even follow JBoy on Twitter.   
Again, just saw someone mention Rich Rod name.  

I think the context is in reference to the s***-show going on at Michigan especially when they hired Rich Rod.  The boosters, and some in the athletic department, hated the hire and did everything they could to sabotage Rich while he was there.  Their program has never recovered from that fiasco.   

I could be wrong but I think this is what Jboy is referring to.

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

I did not think it was possible to make Texas Boosters look good, then Auburn Boosters said, I got this.

Yep. Auburn basically said hold my beer...

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Jaba jaba jaba jaba. These clowns don't love Auburn. If they did they would stop holding us back like they have for year's. No coach worth a damn is going to come here if you try and force a staff on them. We continue to be the biggest circus and clown show in college football. 

Good in napier for telling us to kick rocks. Ballsy af and I like it. Auburn needs a complete draining of the swamp. Also **** kevin steele!!!!!!! He is seriously making this search hell because for whatever reason our money guys are obsessed with him and are trying to force him on any new coaches staff. Just fire his ass and be done with it. I swear they are trying to be cheap and not pay him his 5 million dollar buy out as well. 

And if they couldn’t offered to off the last staff then they shouldn’t have fired Gus like they did. Complete incompetence from top to bottom. IMO they got the money, just using as an excuse to handcuff the next guy. I agree, good for Napier for turning it down. Especially with possible big jobs on the horizon. When he’s kicking auburn’s *** every year as the HC for LSU then we can dream about what if. 

What did we do go deserve this? Auburn Fan's are so great. We are loyal to a fault and so passionate but yet we continue to never ever do even the bare minimum to reach our full potential. We have the worst luck and are run by the dumbest millionaires. SMH. It doesn't truly matter who we get. They always will be handcuffed. I apologize Gus. You had to deal with this s*** show hell on a daily basis. Got damn man.

1 minute ago, USATiger said:

I think the context is in reference to the s***-show going on at Michigan especially when they hired Rich Rod.  The boosters, and some in the athletic department, hated the hire and did everything they could to sabotage Rich while he was there.  Their program has never recovered from that fiasco.   

I could be wrong but I think this is what Jboy is referring to.

Its not. 

Its that Rich Rod had accepted the Bama job and backed out. 

They then went and told their AD go get Saban and dont come back without him. 

The rest is history

This isn’t going to end until we make the necessary sacrifices to hold the athletic department accountable. There needs to be a mass exodus from the fan base as far as the football program goes. But there won’t be. 

Archived