Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

I was going to get season tickets next year but if it's Clark or steele, I'm finding something more productive to do on Saturdays 

Me too! My time with my family is more important than this clown show 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

What did we do go deserve this? Auburn Fan's are so great. We are loyal to a fault and so passionate but yet we continue to never ever do even the bare minimum to reach our full potential. We have the worst luck and are run by the dumbest millionaires. SMH. It doesn't truly matter who we get. They always will be handcuffed. I apologize Gus. You had to deal with this s*** show hell on a daily basis. Got damn man.

You know the old saying, "nice guys finish last".  

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Indeed, and it's not just me being in the "Never Nix" camp 

I've never thought you couldn't be right, only that I've never seen any evidence that Bo did not or should not have won the job outright. 

Can we have a threaD where we can express ourselves with every effin curse word imaginable. Because I need to therapeutically vent right now

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

And if they couldn’t offered to off the last staff then they shouldn’t have fired Gus like they did. Complete incompetence from top to bottom. IMO they got the money, just using as an excuse to handcuff the next guy. I agree, good for Napier for turning it down. Especially with possible big jobs on the horizon. When he’s kicking auburn’s *** every year as the HC for LSU then we can dream about what if. 

Napier turning he down showed us he is the coach we need but don't deserve because of the worst leadership and administration in the conference and probably whole sport.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This isn’t going to end until we make the necessary sacrifices to hold the athletic department accountable. There needs to be a mass exodus from the fan base as far as the football program goes. But there won’t be. 

And like (I think you) someone said, people need to lose their jobs/positions over this

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Auburn is selling the soul of this program for a dollar. 

Because these fat old men who haven't seen their own Dick's in 40 years rather have access and control than win game's. I hate everything now.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Napier turning he down showed us he is the coach we need but don't deserve because of the worst leadership and administration in the conference and probably whole sport.

Maybe Napier turning us down ends up being the best thing to happen to us.

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Its not. 

Its that Rich Rod had accepted the Bama job and backed out. 

They then went and told their AD go get Saban and dont come back without him. 

The rest is history

Not a whole lot of similarities though.  Napier may have turned the job down, but Rod was hired in principal until he went back to be with his team prior to the bowl game.  

Hopefully, the embarrassment of Napier turning the job down will put an end to the boosters who are trying to control the HC and who they hire.  I agree if it is allowed to happen, we are in big trouble for quite a while...15+ years at least.  

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I've never thought you couldn't be right, only that I've never seen any evidence that Bo did not or should not have won the job outright. 

Its moreso just adding up some inconsistencies in the behaviors of certain parties and new evidence of how meddlesome and obsessed with a certain Era that the board is.

Its admittedly just detective work and a prognostication. 

2 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Who says 

"We fired gus to try and compete at the next level, being an okay but not great head coach. I know! Let's hire Bill Clark or Kevin steele"

Steele_AD.jpeg?width=300

Get ready for the Steele show featuring Mike Bobo and Rodney Garner!  Just be done with it at this point and stop the embarrassment.  Should have held Gus one more season to see if he could make his magic.  Now next season will be a rebuilding one with the 3rd OC in 3 years.

6 minutes ago, shabby said:

Can we have a threaD where we can express ourselves with every effin curse word imaginable. Because I need to therapeutically vent right now

Clark Griswold Christmas Rant GIFs | Tenor

Just now, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Its moreso just adding up some inconsistencies in the behaviors of certain parties and new evidence of how meddlesome and obsessed with a certain Era that the board is.

Its admittedly just detective work and a prognostication. 

All this stuff about the BOT that's been made public recently adds fuel to the fire, for sure. Like I said, I can't say you are wrong. 

43 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

So I'm hearing something interesting right now from my source that the old school and the new school boosters are fighting right now for control and the new school boosters are the ones leaking information to sabatoge the old school boosters so they will sit down and shut up and not try to have control the coaches. Thats why the Napier news was leaked so that he would say no and embarrass the school until we finally can get a football coach and just let him coach and have full control. 

Who are the old guard so we know who to email?

8 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

And like (I think you) someone said, people need to lose their jobs/positions over this

I did say that. And I’m ready to quit supporting this nonsense. These fools just get away with doing this crap every year since the freaking Dye era. And we reward their incompetence and corruption with unyielding support. Buying tickets, buying their s*itty under armor gear, watching the team on tv. We have to tell them we are done with that and actually follow through. Every single person involved with the football program needs to be thrown out on their a** and while we are at it, let’s throw that old decrepit, country a**, chicken s*** university president of ours out too. He’s all for funding university projects with the money these players earn for the school, but he wants to take his hands off when it’s time to find them a proven leader who will give them a decent f***ing shot at actually being winners. 

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Maybe Napier turning us down ends up being the best thing to happen to us.

Not when it ends with a kevin steele hire. These millionaires who have held us back for decades will feel justified and like they won.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I did say that. And I’m ready to quit supporting this nonsense. These fools just get away with doing this crap every year since the freaking Dye era. And we reward their incompetence and corruption with unyielding support. Buying tickets, buying their s*itty under armor gear, watching the team on tv. We have to tell them we are done with that and actually follow through. Every single person involved with the football program needs to be thrown out on their a** and while we are at it, let’s throw that old decrepit, country a**, chicken s*** university president of ours out too. He’s all for funding university projects with the money these players earn for the school, but he wants to take his hands off when it’s time to find them a proven leader who will give them a decent f***ing shot at actual being winners. 

I dont reckon ive ever seen you this mad. Well said

Gotta wonder if Steele remaining DC to collect state pension or whatever had anything to do with it?  Who else would the BOT care about keeping?

Archived