Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Update from my source (the one who told me on Friday that Gus was definitely let go): Oregon ponied up to retain Cristobal, so he's apparently a not coming to Auburn. Our folks don't want the baggage that comes with Freeze, so they're passing on him. They were seriously considering Chip Lindsey, but he's apparently going through some personal issues, so they are passing on him. Our folks were also considering Steve Sarkisian, but they're apparently passing on him as well. Lane Kiffin is under consideration and so is Mike Gundy.

Long story short, my source says that there is no real direction, and there isn't anyone already in place. Source says that this is shaping up to possibly be a bit of a mess.

Side note, my source also said that Gouge and Greene both wanted to keep Gus, but the donors flat out told them they would not contribute another dime until Gus was gone. Basically ham-stringed the president and AD to get rid of Gus.

Source also said a coach from ND is going to Vandy, so Gus is not. Said Gus is now considering Arizona State.

Gundy? Not that turd! Oh fml man. I gotta find a new college team to root for. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if we get MC....I own a car dealership(used cars but who cares), does anyone own or want to open a Men’s apparel store? I’m just saying we could start a dynasty 

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Update from my source (the one who told me on Friday that Gus was definitely let go): Oregon ponied up to retain Cristobal, so he's apparently a not coming to Auburn. Our folks don't want the baggage that comes with Freeze, so they're passing on him. They were seriously considering Chip Lindsey, but he's apparently going through some personal issues, so they are passing on him. Our folks were also considering Steve Sarkisian, but they're apparently passing on him as well. Lane Kiffin is under consideration and so is Mike Gundy.

Long story short, my source says that there is no real direction, and there isn't anyone already in place. Source says that this is shaping up to possibly be a bit of a mess.

Side note, my source also said that Gouge and Greene both wanted to keep Gus, but the donors flat out told them they would not contribute another dime until Gus was gone. Basically ham-stringed the president and AD to get rid of Gus.

Source also said a coach from ND is going to Vandy, so Gus is not. Said Gus is now considering Arizona State.

Gus isn't going anywhere this year I wouldn't think. He and his wife really love living in Auburn, and he's got 20 million coming his way some of which I believe gets voided if he takes another job. 

5 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Ugh. If all this is true, then Gus was just the finest tip of the iceberg and our football program is the Titanic on its way down. 

If we hire Steele I'll probably get kicked off this site because I'm not going to hold my tongue about how stupid we are if this is done

14 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Holy crap I’m not getting anything done today.

A888CDBE-7497-4026-8426-9A5428936598.jpeg

1A463B09-12C1-415D-87AE-CBCA17DC1D6C.jpeg

You gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers!

Just now, cole256 said:

If we hire Steele I'll probably get kicked off this site because I'm not going to hold my tongue about how stupid we are if this is done

Won’t matter, everyone will air out their gripes and most (myself included) will probably stop watching all together.

Just now, aucom96 said:

Ugh. If all this is true, then Gus was just the finest tip of the iceberg and our football program is the Titanic on its way down. 

I know. It does worry me a bit. I guess all we can do is wait and see. I hope the source is wrong.

6 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Oh man, I don't need to see posts like this.  I'm already stress eating and popping minature Reeses cups like pills over here. 

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Gundy? Not that turd! Oh fml man. I gotta find a new college team to root for. 

Is Gundy the one that used to have a mullet? Forget him then... :)

If Cristobal really is staying at Oregon, then it is hard to believe we didn't have a good backup plan. To only have 1 coach on your top list, and those other names are far from being legit...Lindsey? Give me a break he was even thought of...

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Guys.... Mario just followed Bro Hamm on twitter 

Just now, LKEEL75 said:

Is Hamm going into transfer portal :) hahaha

😂 💥 💥 💥 

7 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Chip f*****g Lindsey?????????? Please God no. If the scenario above is accurate, we're going to end up with Rhett Lashlee. Kill me now.

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Guys.... Mario just followed Bro Hamm on twitter 

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Is Hamm going into transfer portal :) hahaha

My source said there were a lot of players who were going to transfer. Said a lot of our players were upset about firing Gus.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I will say this though if super Mario is the guy and takes the job we should let it be announced whenever he wants it announced. We are not in a position to make demands on when He is announced as the new coach. We don’t need something silly like that screwing this up.

Yea, we could just throw a shoe.  That never hurts anything. 

Archived