Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

5 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

What could Gus have done to keep Steele from ascending?

Probably told them he wouldn’t budge on how his $21 million gets paid out if Steele was named head coach. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would make my heart so glad if Bill Clark turned down the job. I would love it if every coach they look at would rather shovel s*** than work for these elitist asshats. Then when it appears that no one wants to come within a hundred miles of Auburn, it'll become apparent that they need to be dismissed from their position of influence.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I'm less than mild. Like naked grilled chicken with no seasoning or sauce.

This . Damn this is awful . It’s so damn hard to be an AU fan sometimes 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm less than mild. Like naked grilled chicken with no seasoning or sauce.

I don’t know how you did it. But you perfectly describe how I’m feeling about this potential hire. 

2 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

It would make my heart so glad if Bill Clark turned down the job. I would love it if every coach they look at would rather shovel s*** than work for these elitist asshats. Then when it appears that no one wants to come within a hundred miles of Auburn, it'll become apparent that they need to be dismissed from their position of influence.

It would make my heart glad just because 

1 minute ago, orangemaskman said:

Have a reliable source that said Lashlee is coming back to the Plains.  I deduced that he was coming along with Richt.  Richt is not coming.  Lashlee is our new head coach.  Announcement tomorrow at 10:00.

Stop 

Yup. From the mouths of babes

13 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I’m tired of this trash take. Gus being fired is not the problem and never will be. What Auburn wanted was a BETTER coach and they absolutely could have had that. These guys aren’t turning down Auburn. They are turning down the stipulations the PTB are placing them under. 

Exactly others tried to inform everybody where the “real” problem is, but nobody listened. People couldn’t get their focus off of Gus. 

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I know. Brand new account. Must be trolling. Lol. 

Not necessarily, we've had idiots create accounts previously

5 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

A case of “things needing to get worse so they can get better,” I’m afraid.

Then again they’d just hire a local Pop Warner coach.

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

Yup. From the mouths of babes

I honestly feel bad for the players. Get rid of a coach they love just to hire a guy that maybe 5% of the people want in the seat. Very frustrating

1 minute ago, creed said:

Exactly others tried to inform everybody where the “real” problem is, but nobody listened. People couldn’t get their focus off of Gus. 

It is just hard to believe anyone could be as whack as these guys are. Yet they are.

Archived