Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

10 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

The pure dumbazzery is impressive. I honestly didn't believe we could &^%* up this opportunity this bad THIS time. 

Once again, I was proven woefully wrong. 

Exactly. The stars aligned perfectly this time. We were THE top school looking for a head coach and we crapped the bed.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Well, they have a prime opportunity to be transparent in this process. We haven't gotten an official statement from the AD Greene or anyone from the Search Committee. The fact this is such a clown show is a well deserved designation.

My thoughts exactly. They could end all this BS by coming out and making a statement of what’s going on. Nothing but crickets. 

14 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

I Dont usually post but I have been Auburn fan all my life.. and wanted to say some of yall sound like Bammers in disguise.. talking and sabotaging the coach.. sickening.. War Eagle! to the real Auburn fans..

See, this is an annoying point of view to have to deal with. We choose our sports teams, and it isn't like a marriage where it's "Till death do us part." with the expectation of being loyal to the end. It's a SPORTS TEAM. If you have a crappy employer, you change jobs. If your significant other screws around on you, you dump them. For some reason we're sold that we should be more faithful to a sports team than to the things that actually have a direct impact on our lives. The PTB are like the abusive spouse. At some point you have to look out for your own mental health. That doesn't mean becoming a Bama fan, but it can mean not supporting a crony gaggle and the horrendous decisions they're making.

If anyone thinks that coaches are turning down the Auburn job based on what fans are doing on Twitter, get real. 

The college football coaching world isn't all that large of a fraternity. These guys talk. If something isn't right at Auburn, coaches aren't learning about it on Twitter. Carry on. 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Doubting that now.

Hoping that means he isn’t the guy. Maybe they saw everyone’s reaction and had a change of course haha. I was so hyped after the Napier news this morning. I was already thinking about coordinator hires. And then when he turned it down, I was dejected. Him and Cristobal were my top 2. Would love to get back in on one of those 2. 

3 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

If I was one of the candidates for this job and I read some of the stupid post some of you supposed Auburn fans post I would shy away too.. Auburn's fan base has lost its pride and decency .. ridiculous.. you come on here and post lies and narratives .. that appears to me to be straight from the RNC .. my Lord.. just go ahead and buy a Bama shirt.. 

it’s crazy the amount of new people coming out of the woodwork who haven’t had a single thing to say about Auburn football the last 7 years, but suddenly have something to say. The value you have brought to the board with your introduction matches your post count

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Exactly. The stars aligned perfectly this time. We were THE top school looking for a head coach and we crapped the bed.

It is so mind numbing.

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

I'm just sitting here in shock that you can read and write.

you know we have auburn fans on here saying they will quit pulling for auburn now right? remember the old bama love bama football but auburn fans love auburn? it hurts to hear this kind of stuff but he makes a couple of valid points.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

If anyone thinks that coaches are turning down the Auburn job based on what fans are doing on Twitter, get real. 

The college football coaching world isn't all that large of a fraternity. These guys talk. If something isn't right at Auburn, coaches aren't learning about it on Twitter. Carry on. 

Yeah, I’d imagine prospective coaches are calling Gus and others to get the scoop. 

7 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

If I was one of the candidates for this job and I read some of the stupid post some of you supposed Auburn fans post I would shy away too.. Auburn's fan base has lost its pride and decency .. ridiculous.. you come on here and post lies and narratives .. that appears to me to be straight from the REC .. my Lord.. just go ahead and buy a Bama shirt.. 

Lolol. Kick rocks. 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They need to remove the limit for reactions for the rest of this search. I’m speeding through dislikes 

Troll burner accounts out in force.

9 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I disagree. He’s got a co-morbidity. He has asthma and to risk catching a hugely unknown respiratory virus isn’t something he should have even thought about risking or having to explain. 

Not going to argue, im one of those frontline healthcare folks.  Had it twice and can spit more facts than you all care to hear.  

Two guys on the team are cancer survivors with diminished immune systems, they played.   25 and under are at such a low risk the mortality rate stopped being reported worldwide months ago.  Fact.  Children's hospitals are broke due to lack of patients.  Fact.  Fairly high percentage of college athletes have asthma, none have been hospitalized this fall.  Fact.  Any way, the kid should've played the risk was minimal and that is science.  

6 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Hoping that means he isn’t the guy. Maybe they saw everyone’s reaction and had a change of course haha. I was so hyped after the Napier news this morning. I was already thinking about coordinator hires. And then when he turned it down, I was dejected. Him and Cristobal were my top 2. Would love to get back in on one of those 2. 

Brother I'm so depressed about Napier falling through I just went back to bed for the rest of the day. 

So far we have heard nothing from search committee but different people at different times have said Cristobal was sure thing, then Steele, then Napier, now Clark.   All this confusion is one of two things one people inside the committee are leaking information which is scaring candidates away or an awful lot of people are buying into the rumor mill and preaching as if it is gospel.

If from inside the President needs to take control or give AD enough control to take control. If people taking rumor mill as Gospel and passing it on shame on you as you are making Auburn look really bad.  At this point I hope we end up with a really good coach despite the way we have gone about it.

Just now, USATiger said:

Not going to argue, im one of those frontline healthcare folks.  Had it twice and can spit more facts than you all care to hear.  

Two guys on the team are cancer survivors with diminished immune systems, they played.   25 and under are at such a low risk the mortality rate stopped being reported worldwide months ago.  Fact.  Children's hospitals are broke due to lack of patients.  Fact.  Fairly high percentage of college athletes have asthma, none have been hospitalized this fall.  Fact.  Any way, the kid should've played the risk was minimal and that is science.  

All that’s great. However, he doesn’t have to justify or explain it you, me, or anybody else.  It’s unpredictable and to risk future millions to take care of himself and family is neither yours nor my business if opts out in order to protect himself. 

Archived