Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

If this absolute sack of cat sh*t becomes our HC, I'm becoming an Oregon or Clemson fan. Auburn alumni or not. 

MikeGundyMag790.jpg

I feel the same way about Kiffin and Meyer. But I would just stop watching until they were gone. I need a connection to root for a team. Auburn is the only Division 1 college I attended. The other two play division 2 football, and their games aren't even televised. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Guys.... Mario just followed Bro Hamm on twitter 

Dude thank you for giving me hope. @Auburn Tiger can go straight to hell on the next available flight! Lol. He put that evil on me. 

Just now, WarDamn2010 said:

Chip f*****g Lindsey?????????? Please God no. If the scenario above is accurate, we're going to end up with Rhett Lashlee. Kill me now.

That can’t happen!!! If it does I owe @AUFriction$200. You think the PTB will pay my buyout

3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Oh man, I don't need to see posts like this.  I'm already stress eating and popping minature Reeses cups like pills over here. 

Perfect chocolate to peanut butter ratio in those. Don’t be messing it up with the Reese’s trees and assorted shapes. Mini cups for the win.

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

Perfect chocolate to peanut butter ratio in those. Don’t be messing it up with the Reese’s trees and assorted shapes. Mini cups for the win.

I prefer the original, personally. Not really a fan of any other Reese's creation.

12 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Update from my source (the one who told me on Friday that Gus was definitely let go): Oregon ponied up to retain Cristobal, so he's apparently a not coming to Auburn. Our folks don't want the baggage that comes with Freeze, so they're passing on him. They were seriously considering Chip Lindsey, but he's apparently going through some personal issues, so they are passing on him. Our folks were also considering Steve Sarkisian, but they're apparently passing on him as well. Lane Kiffin is under consideration and so is Mike Gundy.

Long story short, my source says that there is no real direction, and there isn't anyone already in place. Source says that this is shaping up to possibly be a bit of a mess.

Side note, my source also said that Gouge and Greene both wanted to keep Gus, but the donors flat out told them they would not contribute another dime until Gus was gone. Basically ham-stringed the president and AD to get rid of Gus.

Source also said a coach from ND is going to Vandy, so Gus is not. Said Gus is now considering Arizona State.

Thanks for this.

It's everything I thought it would be.  

Just now, wcware said:

That can’t happen!!! If it does I owe @AUFriction$200. You think the PTB will pay my buyout

Everyone thought I was nuts when I said he was a realistic scenario... But gawd $200 wouldn't come close to being worth that disaster of a hire. Let's hope it doesn't go that far south for both our sakes. 

17 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

They fired him after he had one bad season, when he had taken them to bowl games the previous two. This isn't a Sun Belt powerhouse we're talking about here, this is a program that NEVER had success before Cristobal. I don't know the circumstances, but I suspect he had a lot of starters graduate between his fourth and fifth years there and was really young when he went downhill.

But thank you for giving me a preview of what the Auburn anti-coach crowd will look like going forward. ;) 

Thank you for not tolerating mediocrity with Gus while embracing it with Cristobal

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

I feel the same way about Kiffin and Meyer. But I would just stop watching until they were gone. I need a connection to root for a team. Auburn is the only Division 1 college I attended. The other two play division 2 football, and their games aren't even televised. 

I'd take Kiffen all day everyday. Meyer would be cool for the 5 mins before he left again. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

My source said there were a lot of players who were going to transfer. Said a lot of our players were upset about firing Gus.

I have noticed a lot of current and former players not liking Gus getting fired on Instagram. Some of them replying to fans that are saying gus sucks etc. 

1 minute ago, marine4au said:

He's following lots of AU players....🤞

Never thought I'd see the day that Twitter would make me feel better about anything.

2 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Ah hell dawg its Monday might as well make 4 while you're out. It being cold and wet i might have to hunker down for a day or two. Hey see is they have any Ms. Pauls fish sticks if they do grab me  few packs I already have a half gallon of Franks Red Hot Sauce 

I got you 5, just in case. Went ahead an picked up a large Dr Pepper Icee for the road. Oh, and some pickled quail eggs for snacking on later. Looks like it’s gonna be a long day.

Also picked up one of these bad boys in case @augolf1716shows up.

FFD08421-E58A-471F-AB8C-E69BFD244F14.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

My source said there were a lot of players who were going to transfer. Said a lot of our players were upset about firing Gus.

My sources say your sources are wrong and smelly turds. :)

Of course players get upset when their coach is fired.... hell, we got transfers all the time and that is with a stable coaching staff.

Just now, shabby said:

Thank you for not tolerating mediocrity with Gus while embracing it with Cristobal

You do know that FIU was on probation, losing 4 scholarships a year, from year 2 until the end of his final season, right?

4 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Doubtful

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If we hire Steele I'll probably get kicked off this site because I'm not going to hold my tongue about how stupid we are if this is done

I’ll be getting kicked outta here too if that happens. I’ve got 2 kids that graduated from Auburn and 2 there now but I would consider having them transfer if the PTBs are that stupid

Archived