Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

I just want to say...I'm really tired of reading posts shaming the fans for criticizing / complaining about some of the coaching candidates (like Steele or Clark). I say this with the utmost love for my alma mater and its football program: We aren't doing it to be jerks or whiny babies. We are criticizing it because WE see the potential Auburn has, and it's truly frustrating and mind boggling that the people in charge of this hire don't see what we see.

We're a TOP 15 PROGRAM. That alone makes the job appealing. So the fact we're entertaining high school coaches with no SEC experience (UAB AND PRATTVILLE IS NOT COMPARABLE, you can miss me with that "case for Clark") and coaches like Steele who have poor head coaching records has us fans complaining because we're like those parents who are begging their children to live up to their potential when they have all the tools and resources to be successful and be the best. 

There are unemployed head coaches out there who'd absolutely take the challenge of facing the big bad elf in Tuscaloosa. There are coordinators in the Saban / Belichick pedigree who'd also take a chance. There are other highly qualified candidates with the experience who could lead Auburn back to prominence who'd also love the challenge of the SEC and Saban. Auburn fumbled the bag on all of those. It still blows my mind that Urban Meyer is out there and Auburn didn't throw the sink, oven, fridge, whatever at him. If you don't think Urban Meyer would have absolutely agreed to get under Saban's skin once a year if you gave him an offer he couldn't refuse (ahem, full control of the staff and program), you're not as familiar with Urban Meyer as you think. 

Anyway. War Eagle. I'm just hoping my children, Auburn Football and the big bad rich dudes, finally see what I see.

And...this is not the FIRST time an Auburn coach search has been this way. We aren't asking for the moon.

1 minute ago, AU-Allen said:

If it helps, I hear Clark seems to have turned down the first offer and may turn down the offer today. 

Imagine a ******* world where Louisiana Lafayette and UAB's head coaches turn down Auburn

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

AH so you’re  in the bargaining phase huh? I am currently still in anger.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm in bargaining or if I've gone back to denial...which likely means I'll have to go through anger again...woo

1 minute ago, autkidd1345162876 said:

Buddy who is a high school head coach in Alabama said he was told that Clark and Auburn hit a wall due to Auburn requiring him to keep Steele and Garner. 

I heard the same thing from a guy that is a high school referee 😂 I don’t know why that makes him credible 

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We have to demand better by not being done and content and giving up our support until they fix this crap.

Oh I have given up my support. I will not be purchasing season tickets or making an annual donation 

Had to get away from all this bull**** so I took the boys to the creek, fully expecting to see Clark had been announced when I got back. Funny that it’s gotten to the point that us not hiring anyone yet is the best news I’ve seen so far during this cluster****

1 minute ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Would be a good choice

Probably just message board talk for them but honestly who knows at this point. He supposedly recruits Ga very well from what they said.

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

This is playing out EXACTLY how they want it to my dudes. Everyone turns it down because the PTB are forcing the coach to be handcuffed to Steele and in the end he  will be the only one left. 

If they do, I hope they find 0 players on the plane when they try to leave for the bowl game.

1 minute ago, wcware said:

Oh I have given up my support. I will not be purchasing season tickets or making an annual donation 

Basketball only now. Just hope the garbage that are the power brokers don't become interested in basketball

Archived